Sign in to follow this  
BogatyrVoss

Limited Gun Movement Tweak (No more broken backs!)

http://i.imgur.com/lZ3GlQk.png (527 kB)

Limited Gun Movement Tweak!

What it does:

It changes the way your character follows your aim when you're not aiming your weapon. It's a very simple tweak.

"But why can't you just use ALT to look around?" The point of this tweak is that you don't have to press ALT every time you want to look down at your body.

It also works pretty well if you wish to avoid immersion breaking due to soldiers breaking their backs while they sprint.

Fully compatible with AGM! (And quite possibly anything)

Quick comparison video:

Download links:

MEGA:

https://mega.co.nz/#!x91zBbRT!51tsUd9jFNUY5cFxNfVxP972i5Qvxe-csFOLWI9EQus

Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28072

Play withSIX:

http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/Exdyo5TSvE6j61s0xlD_qw/Limited-Gun-Movement-Tweak

Edited by BogatyrVoss

Good comparison video. Seems to do the job pretty well. Maybe talk to the AGM guys and get this merged with it? Now that would be awesome ;)

Will test this out ... nice one.

What always annoys me (and perhaps something else you could work on) is how prone AI raise their backs off the ground to throw a grenade ... just looks stupid!

Will test this out ... nice one.

What always annoys me (and perhaps something else you could work on) is how prone AI raise their backs off the ground to throw a grenade ... just looks stupid!

Had I reduced how high you can aim while in prone, it would impact negatively the gameplay, as you would not be able to aim properly.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Bogatyr;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Good comparison video. Seems to do the job pretty well. Maybe talk to the AGM guys and get this merged with it? Now that would be awesome ;)

Yes please.

Maybe you could edit the animations when running with a gun, but not the raised/fire on the move ones, the ones when you run without aiming.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Maybe you could edit the animations when running with a gun, but not the raised/fire on the move ones, the ones when you run without aiming.

Do you mean combat pace?

Not sure, the combat piece is when you jog with gun ready to fire? Im talking about the movement mode that is activated by 2xCtrl. Just walking an running animations though, I tested it a bit with your mod installed and animations go rather smoothly from your limited gun movement to aiming stance.

disregard

Edited by Panimala
replied to the wrong thread

This is like pressing ALT before looking up or down, i wonder how things are when you actually have the gun raised and is aiming if this will reduce the back movement, or prevent you from aiming up or down at all

the problem there is that grenade throwing, afaik, is a gesture in arma 3 rather than a full body anim like in previous titles. so this is pretty hard to fix just with anim config values. you can see the same happenng with reload gestures. it's the way animation masks work in this engine which makes it a chore to work with gestures and fix these issues.

This is like pressing ALT before looking up or down, i wonder how things are when you actually have the gun raised and is aiming if this will reduce the back movement, or prevent you from aiming up or down at all

i'm pretty sure that he just fixed the aiming masks for the anims where you can not shoot your rifle anyways. i haven't tested it but it sounds like it. so actually aiming should not be influenced. it's more of a visual polish kind of thing. i really like the idea. i mean it's honestly the devs' job but we also have mods to make simple actions like opening doors actually work so who cares, right? :p

Edited by Bad Benson

Well Benson if you are right this is a must have, they probably should also add this to the game, but yeah your point is correct :)

If you test can you tell me if it's just a visual polish?

Guest HellGhost

Hi,

I just test the mod, and... Not working at all.

I still have the ability to get the default gun movement.

Is limited to vanilla units ?

Or is it outdated compare to the last ArmA III updates ?

Thanks for the job, it's a good idea.

No more stupid movements in the battlefield.

Thank you much, I tend to notice little details like this and they always bother me. I hate people breaking their spine in MP, breaks any kind of believability. This should be added in vanilla.

Guest HellGhost

Still not functionnal for me.

No way to get this mod to work.

you have to remove this mod if you are using Arma 3 1.50 or you wont be able to watch left or right when in crouch mode