Sign in to follow this  
Alek10

Get in empty vehicle & join group

Hey.

I want a unit(the player) to get in a car and join the group. The group units are already in the car, done by "moveinDriver/Cargo".

The player needs to get in the car, join the group, and then the group drives to a waypoint.

How do I do that, when the "get in" waypoint don't work when placed on an empty vehicle, and can't be synched either??

You need to place the getin waypoint from the player onto the vehicle.

You place another wp from the group that was moved into the vehicle next to the vehicle and then another where you want them to go

You need to synch the getin wp and the groups first wp so it waits for the player.

You can then add the join group order to the getin wp place this in the wp on act [player] join whatevergroupiscalled

another way would be to use an eventhandler

no waypoints needed for player

add this to the vehicles init box this addeventhandler ["getin",{[player] whatevergroupiscalled }];

set up the groups waypoints one close to the vehicle with this in the cond player in vehicle this

You need to place the getin waypoint from the player onto the vehicle.

You place another wp from the group that was moved into the vehicle next to the vehicle and then another where you want them to go

You need to synch the getin wp and the groups first wp so it waits for the player.

You can then add the join group order to the getin wp place this in the wp on act [player] join whatevergroupiscalled

another way would be to use an eventhandler

no waypoints needed for player

add this to the vehicles init box this addeventhandler ["getin",{[player] whatevergroupiscalled }];

set up the groups waypoints one close to the vehicle with this in the cond player in vehicle this

It don't work. When I get over to the car, they drive before I get a chance to get in...

In the script where you put the other units into the car, put a waitUntil {player in _car}; right before you set the waypoint they should drive to. After that, you can also put the join statement for the player to join their group.

Don't forget to spawn the script for you will have a generic error otherwise.