I want to carry you child Robert but I CAN'T!!!

Great work!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I'm getting "rh_acc.pbo" and "rh_acc_cfg.pbo" are not signed by the server errors when trying to join my from the v1.01 update.

Edited by Divaya

Why not make a EXPS3-0,it's SOCOM's choice and has the most popular reticle.The second dot is not so useful to me even if I turn on the G33 as it's just a Holo sight.

I'm getting "rh_acc.pbo" and "rh_acc_cfg.pbo" are not signed by the server errors when trying to join my from the v1.01 update.

Renaming of the rhi bikey to rhi2 worked for me

Renaming of the rhi bikey to rhi2 worked for me

Wow , really? - these bikeys gets weirder everytime

This time i created new RHI.bikey in A3 dev tools and it's signed by it - so i still don't get what's wrong there

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Why not make a EXPS3-0,it's SOCOM's choice and has the most popular reticle.The second dot is not so useful to me even if I turn on the G33 as it's just a Holo sight.

Because this EXPS3 is the magnifier version which uses 2 or 4 dots than regular one , also that 2nd dot is for 450m range

EOTech-XPS2-XPS3-using-the-2-Dot-Ballistic-Reticle.jpg

Edited by RobertHammer

Interesting, did you create new private key or it was the old one? Because I thought that you created new rhi key and private key. So the RH M4s would have old ones, so that's why I renamed it, so I could use both.

Interesting, did you create new private key or it was the old one? Because I thought that you created new rhi key and private key. So the RH M4s would have old ones, so that's why I renamed it, so I could use both.

Yeah , RH M4 is the old bikey which was my fault so i had to create a new one with the same name - later when will update the M4 pack it will use the new one as well , sorry about that

Some observations:

* Are the different zeroings on toggling between magnified/unmagnified (200m/300m) EOTech+G33 intentional? Adding magnification should not change the zero, right?

* Are the different zeroings on Acog TA31RCO intentional? On the 2D version, I can keep it at the default 100m zero and the point of aim, point of impact is spot on, while the 3D version needs a manual toggle to the 300m setting to hit. Same goes with the Acog TA31F RMR. Hard to see why/when I would need different zeroings that doesn't match the reticle; could it be an class inheritance issue?

* Like previously mentioned, I agree that the Acog TA01NSN is zeroed at 100m to short. By compensating for this, I can hit at the mark I aim at.

Those zeroing values are optional , how user likes - irl all acogs are zeroed at 100m , eotech 200m

3D ones reticles might be off but i won't be messing those again

Accupoint no longer seems to be crashing the game - good one!

Any idea what was causing that?

Accupoint no longer seems to be crashing the game - good one!

Any idea what was causing that?

Well in short - it looks the arma 3 didn't liked the other compression format of .paa so only regular dxt1/5 work

Those zeroing values are optional , how user likes - irl all acogs are zeroed at 100m , eotech 200m

3D ones reticles might be off but i won't be messing those again

The point here is: you are changing the behavior of the weapon system depending on different magnifications and if the 2D/3D version is used. This induces a factor of uncertainty to the game, the player and the weapon systems, which is all but undesirable. If I pick up a weapon with an optic I know, I expect it to work a certain way; if it doesn't, I can't trust it; if I can't trust it, I wouldn't use it in the first place. This excludes a fair share of the optics you've created and spent valuable time on, adding great value to the game and the community members for free. It would be sad for us all if all that potential (yours) would go to waste. I might be nitpicking these minor issues, but my intentions are all good; providing tests and suggestions that might be enhancing a good mod to a great one.

Regarding the EOTech + G33 zeroing, it isn't "optional" if I need to press [zeroing down] every time I toggle the magnifier to get the rounds down range where I expect them to impact. A player so hardcore at demanding a certain custom zero can hardly exist. The need for this option is unneeded, IMHO, as it gets in the way for the vast majority of the players. Same issue with the aforementioned 3D Acogs. So let's not enter a world of Newspeak by altering the meaning of 'forced' to 'optional'. ;)

The technical issue here might be as simple as just excluding the faulty, "optional" zeroings from the config, alternatively adding specific zeroing to the 2D and 3D classes if that is required to make it work the model's position, depending on the case. I don't mind having the 3D Acog's zeroing say 300m if that is what is needed to get it's reticle to behave as expected.

The point here is: you are changing the behavior of the weapon system depending on different magnifications and if the 2D/3D version is used. This induces a factor of uncertainty to the game, the player and the weapon systems, which is all but undesirable. If I pick up a weapon with an optic I know, I expect it to work a certain way; if it doesn't, I can't trust it; if I can't trust it, I wouldn't use it in the first place. This excludes a fair share of the optics you've created and spent valuable time on, adding great value to the game and the community members for free. It would be sad for us all if all that potential (yours) would go to waste. I might be nitpicking these minor issues, but my intentions are all good; providing tests and suggestions that might be enhancing a good mod to a great one.

Regarding the EOTech + G33 zeroing, it isn't "optional" if I need to press [zeroing down] every time I toggle the magnifier to get the rounds down range where I expect them to impact. A player so hardcore at demanding a certain custom zero can hardly exist. The need for this option is unneeded, IMHO, as it gets in the way for the vast majority of the players. Same issue with the aforementioned 3D Acogs. So let's not enter a world of Newspeak by altering the meaning of 'forced' to 'optional'. ;)

The technical issue here might be as simple as just excluding the faulty, "optional" zeroings from the config, alternatively adding specific zeroing to the 2D and 3D classes if that is required to make it work the model's position, depending on the case. I don't mind having the 3D Acog's zeroing say 300m if that is what is needed to get it's reticle to behave as expected.

I second that. You don't need to rework the reticles if you just set the "ArmA-zeroing" to a value where the scope behaves as one would guess from looking at the reticles.

Thanks for the swift update RH.

Special thanks for having fixed the ACOG' s red dot sights/over the scope view FOV levels.:)

Because this EXPS3 is the magnifier version which uses 2 or 4 dots than regular one , also that 2nd dot is for 450m range

http://joohnchoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/EOTech-XPS2-XPS3-using-the-2-Dot-Ballistic-Reticle.jpg

RH, it's not that big a deal to me if you change it either way, but I'm curious where you're getting your info for my own knowledge. My understanding is that the SU-231A only has one dot because it's the EXPS3-0 Eotech device. The magnifier has nothing to do with the actual Eotech unit. Maybe I've missed it, but I've always read that the SU-231A has one dot/is the EXPS3-0. I have a EXPS3-0 and it only has one dot, as well (though it's not actually labeled as a SU-231A).

Regardless, thanks for the update!

Wow , really? - these bikeys gets weirder everytime

This time i created new RHI.bikey in A3 dev tools and it's signed by it - so i still don't get what's wrong there

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

http://joohnchoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/EOTech-XPS2-XPS3-using-the-2-Dot-Ballistic-Reticle.jpg

Well,I think the distance is too long for a Holo sight even with a 3X MAG.On the other hand,the one-dot reticle is more concise and makes it the most popular reticle in the real world.

Some people got crashed and they assume it happens because of your addon, is anyone has similar symptom?

RH, it's not that big a deal to me if you change it either way, but I'm curious where you're getting your info for my own knowledge. My understanding is that the SU-231A only has one dot because it's the EXPS3-0 Eotech device. The magnifier has nothing to do with the actual Eotech unit. Maybe I've missed it, but I've always read that the SU-231A has one dot/is the EXPS3-0. I have a EXPS3-0 and it only has one dot, as well (though it's not actually labeled as a SU-231A).

Regardless, thanks for the update!

The SU-231A = EXPS3-0 device - EXPS3 variants are with different reticles , the dots versions EXPS3-2 or EXPS3-4 are made for Magnifier to use that dots reticle

Also this is how TA01NSN and the TA31F/RCO should work in 100m zeroed range:

ZEROACOGCROSSHAIRS.pngZEROACOGCHEVRON.png

Edited by RobertHammer

PLEASE add support for mrt Accessory functions. it makes it so that the magnifier on the g33 actually moves to cover the holo if you switch to the scope.

The SU-231A = EXPS3-0 device - EXPS3 variants are with different reticles , the dots versions EXPS3-2 or EXPS3-4 are made for Magnifier to use that dots reticle

I think that was his point, though. If it's supposed to be recreating a SU-231A, then it should only have one dot, because that's what was procured by the government. The other models are civilian models that L3 made. The extra dots do not require the magnifier, as they also work for closer in work.

Again, I COMPLETELY understand it might not be worth your time to go in and remove the dot for the game and I'm happy with what you have, but just clarifying why his observation/request was technically correct since the issue optic only has one dot.