Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

CMcD Main Gun Tweaks (A3)

G'day all,

Here is the A3 version of this minor tweak for A2.

Since BI were kind enough to give decent AI functionality to their autocannons this time around, but unfortunately didn't do the same for MBTs, you can now experience all the horror of having tanks fire HEAT or HE rounds (depending on loadout) at squishy loons.

Bonus! I've added tweaks for the 0.3.5 stable RHS: AFRF and RHS: USF vehicles too! Be sure to read the below bugs/issues section before use and note that the beta builds are not supported.

I'm a lot better with overriding configs this days, so there are no changed weapon classnames (and hopefully therefore minimal clashes with other modifications). The weapons with altered properties are:

cannon_105mm
cannon_120mm
cannon_120mm_long
cannon_125mm

The RHS: USF weapons with altered properties are:

rhs_weap_m256

The RHS: AFRF weapons with altered properties are:

rhs_weap_d81
rhs_weap_2a26
rhs_weap_2a46_2
rhs_weap_2a46m_2
rhs_weap_2a46m
rhs_weap_2a46m_4
rhs_weap_2a28
rhs_weap_2a41
rhs_weap_2a70
rhs_weap_2a75

There are little example missions for vanilla, RHS: USF and RHS: AFRF vehicles included - see the readme for details.

Bugs/limitations:

- Any vehicle with >3 muzzles (most of them) and >3 ammunition natures loaded will spam the .RPT with a "duplicate magazine detected" error if and only if any players are crewing the vehicle. This is an engine limitation. I can offer the following solutions:

1. Ensure that only two different types of ammo are in the tank if players are going to crew.

2. Otherwise, use -nolog in your startup params.

3. Alternatively, don't play scenarios where players crew tanks - leave it up to the AI.

This error has been around since A2 - see here for more info (this is after ACE incorporated the system).

- The cool RHS reloading animation on Russian tanks will be interrupted if the gunner decides to change natures mid-reload. Cosmetic problem only.

- You will occasionally find situations where AI use an inappropriate ammo nature - usually happens in a target rich environment.

- AI M1 crews don't really know what to do with the M416 smoke rounds and will use them in a means similar to the M1069 HE.

Changelog:

v0.2

Added third firemode to the T100, oops - see above WRT bugs/limitations.

Added RHS vehicle tweaks.

v0.1

- Initial release.

[ASA]Oden for his original tinkering way-back-when.

RHS for letting me messily patch over their work.

Summary:

- Works fine on 1.38 stable. Not tested with dev branch.

- MP untested. Should be fine if everyone has it running on their ends, provided you take note of the above issues!

- Example mission included.

Linkies (v0.2): DropBox ArmAholic PlayWithSix

Edited by CameronMcDonald
v0.2 update! NOTE: READ THE BUGS/LIMITATIONS SECTION BEFORE USE!
  • Like 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

G'day all,

Here is the A3 version of this minor tweak.

Since BI were kind enough to give decent AI functionality to their autocannons this time around, but unfortunately didn't do the same for MBTs, you can now experience all the horror of having tanks fire HEAT or HE rounds (depending on loadout) at squishy loons.

I'm a lot better with overriding configs this days, so there are no changed weapon classnames (and hopefully therefore minimal clashes with other modifications). The weapons with altered properties are:

cannon_105mm
cannon_120mm
cannon_120mm_long
cannon_125mm

There's a little example mission included - see the readme for details.

Thanks: [ASA]Oden for his original tinkering way-back-when.

Bugs/limitations: none insofar, however, I ask that you keep an eye on your .RPTs if you ever have players operating as gunners and let me know if you see anything about duplicate magazines spring up.

Summary:

- Works fine on 1.38 stable. Not tested with dev branch.

- MP untested. Should be fine if everyone has it running on their ends.

- Example mission included.

Linky (v0.1): DropBox

That sounds great. And you should probably edit your post. The first link leads to the Arma 2 version not the Arma 3 version. ;)

Updated, please see first post. :D

Please read the bugs/limitations section prior to use - there is an engine limitation which you need to understand prior to use.

Thanks again to RHS for their fine work.

Was there animation in tank? i didn't see any animation like loader hold the shell and load in to cannon

Was there animation in tank? i didn't see any animation like loader hold the shell and load in to cannon

Well, there aren't any interiors in the MBTs, so I doubt anyone has seen that.

I'm referring to

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Cameron, this requires RHS mod or the mod is optional as in it will also work with RHS?

No need for RHS - just use the vanilla game PBO to get the effect applied to the BI vehicles only.

The RHS PBOs are currently deprecated - I'll probably update them with the next stable RHS release (I'm lazy). :)

Thanks Cameron I will have you listed in the credits on the release thread, and in the readme, as well as on my site when the mod gets released, thanks again!