Sign in to follow this  
esfumato

Arma 3 Roadmap for 2015. Likes & Dislikes.

Well this saturday 7th March 2015 BIS is going to do a stream presentation like the Zeus one about the Marksmen DLC showing the weapons, bipods and weapons resting features.

http://arma3.com/news/arma-3-marksmen-dlc-exclusive-first-look-livestream#.VPh_KuFgqLE

The new weapons have been shown before the marksmen challenge. http://arma3.com/marksmen-challenge#.VPh_OOFgqLE But the only thing I see wrong is how from a starting point where the 3 Sides of the game Blue, Red, Green were almost the same, compared with arma 2 where sides had different, vehicles and weapons. With the DlC's the Green Side have been almost forgotten.

4 weapons for Bluefor 2 for Opfor and just 1 for Green side. And also the authentic new weapons are the 9.3mm, the others I suppose that will have more or less similar behaviour like the ones that are already in the game.

I would like to see that New multiplayer game mode.

patrol boats for the rivers
haha.... will never happen
it only took about 10 years..
good point^^
Dislikes: Shit patches that fuck everything up.
another one^^

ps. nice real life fotos........but desert altis except for the area is not compareable with real lemnos(have alot spots like those in the pictures) .....why would you think that xxx map will look like these pictures or something similiar ?wierd xD

I would be happier to see a Armor DLC if anything. Armor right now is probably the weakest link in Arma 3 right now. If you don't believe me play Arma 2: AO then Arma 3 commanding a tank platoon. The difference in AI control is HUGE.

I rather they focus on core/engine like improving the action menu, player's ability to open doors, AI improvements, performance, etc.

I don't like the way they implement content like weapons and vehicles because they're telling us it's futuristic while it has absolutely no imagination of what is going to be used in 20 years. Not only that, their current systems aren't even demonstrating what was possible almost 10 years ago (For example IDF Merkava-4 anti-missile/rocket defense systems).

I prefer they just keep improving the core and let the mod makers keep on making the awesome present-day mods.

I rather they focus on core/engine like improving the action menu, player's ability to open doors, AI improvements, performance, etc.

I don't like the way they implement content like weapons and vehicles because they're telling us it's futuristic while it has absolutely no imagination of what is going to be used in 20 years. Not only that, their current systems aren't even demonstrating what was possible almost 10 years ago (For example IDF Merkava-4 anti-missile/rocket defense systems).

I prefer they just keep improving the core and let the mod makers keep on making the awesome present-day mods.

I don't care about the 2035 stuff. I just take that with a pinch of salt. An obvious workaround for licence paying of official weapons. And that is fine.

I like how they're going. Tackling long standing community desires. Advanced flight model, firing from vehicles, weapons resting and bi pods, the SOUNDS.

The launcher I'd pay 5 euro for an official working launcher that can do what play with six does. To me it's one of the most important new things in the game.

All n all. Happy with how the roadmap has progressed. Looking at it way back when. I thought meh. New helis new guns, what a load of b@@@ox.but what they have done with features I'm glad I got the dlc and happy that I have got value for money.

I would be happier to see a Armor DLC if anything. Armor right now is probably the weakest link in Arma 3 right now. If you don't believe me play Arma 2: AO then Arma 3 commanding a tank platoon. The difference in AI control is HUGE.

dlc is not necessary..1 tank for each faction is enough..just need to revamp the current tank and the tank physx..look at the t-100 and current real life t-90ms..t-90ms looks better and more advance than the 2035 t-100 lol

patrol boats for the rivers
My god i wish they would fix the river entrances, well the little we have, trying to do an insertion up any of the rivers is impossible as they all have shallow entrances that not even a dingy can get across even if the following (although short) river is deep enough for them :(. So wish the lagoon was deep enough to atleast get a propped dingy working in there or give us a military hovercraft :).

In general i would love a naval update, i was excited by the pre alpha talk of adding water assets, only to end up with a mini sub, a couple of small boats and some divers which to be honest are not worth much at the moment except shoreline patrols and pointing towards a location to get to land.

I was hoping that it would be expanded, frigates, subs, aircraft carriers, destroyers/battleships. Would be cool to have hunt the sub gameplay dropping of depth charges, covert ship boarding via divers, magnetic mines, cruse missiles/naval bombardment, fleet battles etc.

I understand that walking around on these larger vessel maybe a problem. Although it may seem weird not being able to do it, it currently does not detract from other gameplay, i mean we cant crawl around in tanks, walk out of APC's/trucks, move around in the larger helicopter, so i would not mind being locked to positions only within a larger ship. Only place this could be awkward is aircraft carriers and boarding aircraft.

Inland water please.. please. Rivers, streams, lakes and ponds. If for nothing else other than to break up the scenery a bit.

Would a water volume that we could drop in the editor be possible, placed and sized like a marker although taking in a Z and depth value which creates a volume at the position/size to the supplied depth, i have not looked into how water is handled in game but im presuming it is currently a single infinite sized volume that is automatically set at 0 ASL.

A more involved medical system. *cough AI driving update *cough. More fixed wings

Otherwise im really liking what we have seen so far. RTD awesome, slingloading +, marksman stuff from the livestream looked great, as other people have said adding some long overdue functionality. I am generally excited to see what else awaits us in the future.

dlc is not necessary..1 tank for each faction is enough..just need to revamp the current tank and the tank physx..look at the t-100 and current real life t-90ms..t-90ms looks better and more advance than the 2035 t-100 lol

Yea, but sadly it will probably not be fixed tell the next expansion. I mean the improvement for helicopters and soon to be weapons is great, but I feel that tanks took a back seat in the fixing pipeline. I mean is it so hard to add the old Arma 2 AI that made them keep speed and stay in formation with their leads? Yea it wasn't super realistic, but at least the AI didn't run over their squad buddies, or take a extra 100m to fully stop when the commander says halt.

In general i would love a naval update, i was excited by the pre alpha talk of adding water assets, only to end up with a mini sub, a couple of small boats and some divers which to be honest are not worth much at the moment except shoreline patrols and pointing towards a location to get to land.
Most likely explanation is that an earlier project lead came up with or approved and made public those ideas only for a later project lead to decide that they wouldn't work in time, or that the resources and people needed to achieve them would take away from other items that the later project lead preferred.

Most likely explanation is that an earlier project lead came up with or approved and made public those ideas only for a later project lead to decide that they wouldn't work in time, or that the resources and people needed to achieve them would take away from other items that the later project lead preferred.
TBO i think we got pretty much what they promised, which as a predominately combined arms game is ok and added some needed game play elements to the shorelines. I was just hoping that down the line maybe some naval stuff could be added to make use of the vast seascape we currently have.
I have read that thread before Artisanal although i had forgotten all about it, so thanks for the link. Does not conclude much other than it was currently taken out due to errors being glitchy and AI path finding problems. It is also stated by Dr H that it is not impossible to do, just that currently they have no time resources dedicated to looking at it. One can hope.

TBO i think we got pretty much what they promised, which as a predominately combined arms game is ok and added some needed game play elements to the shorelines. I was just hoping that down the line maybe some naval stuff could be added to make use of the vast seascape we currently have.
It's entirely possible that "the vast seascape we currently have" wasn't even that later project lead's idea... but the assets -- and development of corresponding features -- we have now are pretty narrowly tailored towards stuff for or that would primarily be operated in use of fire team to section or squad-sized units; if the current assets can be taken as representative of where the current dev leadership's priorities and focus are, then "frigates, subs, aircraft carriers, destroyers/battleships" would all be 'out of scope' from that.

I haven't see any news abuot the 3D Editor since the roadmap... Any news about it? will it be released with the Marksmen DLC?

I haven't see any news abuot the 3D Editor since the roadmap... Any news about it? will it be released with the Marksmen DLC?
It's a longer-term goal that was never advertised as being part of the DLC or the accompanying v1.42 update, so I won't be surprised to see it omitted next month. EDIT: See below, it was never on track for Marksmen but rather a longer-term thing like the new terrain. Edited by Chortles

I believe the 3D editor will be a feature for the new expansion that we will start see more news of next year (or maybe even late this year), along with that comes a new map.

Now that the marksmen DLC have been released. I have to say that it is just a pay to win DLC. just weapons with higher caliber that you must pay to kill everybody with 1 shot.

Weapon resting and wepon deployment, are nothing special, not a big deal if you cant open and close windows in buildings. everybody ends just going prone everywhere else and shoot from a distance. We must wait for the expansion to see something interesting.

Now that the marksmen DLC have been released. I have to say that it is just a pay to win DLC. just weapons with higher caliber that you must pay to kill everybody with 1 shot....

No, a fallacy, mission makers script in the dlc weapons --there is no pay to win!

we did it guys, it only took about 10 years.. but we did it! finally we're getting some of the basic/no-brainer features to arma we've always wanted and other games have had for just as long!!

We've still yet to be able to make multiple units playable at once in the editor, and many other features related.