Sign in to follow this  
Rallehop

How to prevent AI from laying down, and also how to prevent AI from leaving a truck?

I have 2 things i'd like an answer for

First is the AI laying down, i have used the "large bunker" that comes with vanilla ArmA and i encountered a massive problem; the AI simply lies down when they come under fire, they don't realize they can just stand up with a good firing position and nice cover, i would like to know how i prevent them from doing that.

The other thing is, when i put a squad of infantry inside a truck using this moveInCargo (unitname) and they are near combat, then the AI decides either all, or just one squad member has to get out, this example is a mission where you are the last guy to load up in a truck and your squad is waiting for you, but only if you put them on "careless" which looks kinda dumb because then when they reach actual combat they will march around like they don't care.

Any help would be nice :)

you can force AI stances by using the setUnitPos command

myUnit setUnitPos "UP";

For the AI abandoning their vehicles, you'll need to lock the car probably so they simply cannot get out.

Thanks for the tip on the stances, but the truck part won't work, the player has to get in the vehicle, which is not achievable with it been locked (duh), the AI leaves the vehicle unless i put them on Careless.

I found in the past using {_x disableAI "FSM"} foreach crew mycar did help keeping them in vehicles

if you apply it to the group {_x disableAI "FSM"} foreach units mygroup it did help keep them standing.

I haven't tried it for a year or more so the effects may no longer be accurate.

also this will stop them getting out if the vehicle is damaged.

this allowCrewInImmobile true;