Sign in to follow this  
woods825

MakePbo stops responding when packing terrain

Figured this belonged here as it's a problem I'm having with a community made utility and not an actual terrain issue.

So after 3 days, I'm admitting defeat. Hopefully someone can point out what I missed and why Mikero's MakePbo stops responding when I try to pack my terrain.

It was working fine a few days ago, I even tried packing all my old versions of the terrain that packed fine last time I packed them, but all resulted in MakePbo not responding. I hadn't installed any new programs, no windows updates, even worked after the most recent A3 and A3 Tools updates so I'm fairly certain it's a configuration issue in PboProject that I screwed up and didn't realize it or I need to re-install windows. :confused:

To be clear, the terrain has worked in-game. My latest change was ONLY shifting a few points on some roads that angled too hard. Nothing else was touched. I tried packing another mod I have and I get the same issue there as well, MakePbo stops responding.

Here's the DOS Window:

scanning for jobs to do....
Processing woods\woods_woods_remington_pointe
scanning wrp for binarised p3d's
Creating texture headers file...
Failed adding texture woods\woods_remington_pointe\data\remp_concrente_nopx.paa to texture header manager.
5576 texture headers saved to file "woods\woods_remington_pointe\texHeaders.bin"

using binarise.exe
copying/crunching to temp...
Bis Binarise...
</end bis binarise>
stripping the binlog
MakePbo x32UnicodeVersion 1.88, Dll 4.91 "woods_remington_pointe"
makepbo failed

Here's the Output:

rapify x32UnicodeVersion 1.75, Dll 4.91 "config.cpp"
scanning cfgPatches...ok (altered)
No Error(s)
Output is to config.bin

rapify x32UnicodeVersion 1.75, Dll 4.91 "RoadsLib.cfg"
No Error(s)
woods\woods_remington_pointe\texHeaders.bin
1 File(s) copied
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
Building entries:...
cfgClutter.hpp 
cfgSurfaces.hpp 
config.bin 
M_000_000_lca.paa
----REMOVED DUE TO FORUM CHARACTER LIMIT----
S_042_042_lco.paa 
remp_beach.rvmat 
remp_beach_co.paa 
remp_beach_nopx.paa 
remp_concrete.rvmat 
remp_concrete_co.paa 
remp_concrete_nopx.paa 
remp_dirt_1.rvmat 
remp_dirt_1_co.paa 
remp_dirt_1_nopx.paa 

And here's the Binlog:

Creating process: "D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\BinMake\binMake.exe" -C P:\ "core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8-01.paa" "p:\temp\core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8-01.paa"
Creating process: "D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\BinMake\binMake.exe" -C P:\ "core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb11-01.paa" "p:\temp\core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb11-01.paa"
Creating process: "D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\BinMake\binMake.exe" -C P:\ "core\data\fonts\tahomab16-01.paa" "p:\temp\core\data\fonts\tahomab16-01.paa"
Creating process: "D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\BinMake\binMake.exe" -C P:\ "core\data\fonts\tahomab16-02.paa" "p:\temp\core\data\fonts\tahomab16-02.paa"

When it reaches that point, I get a window that says "MakePbo has stopped responding". I've checked all my tools and even updated the few that had updates on 01/28/2015 (PboProject, DePbo and ExtractPbo), all of the tools are up-to-date.

Here's my PboProject settings:

Outpout Mod Folder: D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Remington_Pointe

Source Folder: P:\woods\woods_remington_pointe

Noisy Output: Unchecked

Strip Log: Checked

Sign Pbos: Checked

Full Build: Unchecked

Check all file references: Checked

Mission pbos are?: SP

Engine: Arma 3

Use DateStamps in pbo: Checked

Workspace: P:\

Use this Private Key: D:\Arma Stuff\Woods\Signing\Woods.biprivatekey

Used only when building islands: P:\a3 (I've tried "P:\" and a few dozen other paths but I can't imagine its the issue as it binarises fine)

And finally, here's what comes up when I select "View problem details" in the stopped responding window:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: MakePbo.exe

Application Version: 1.88.4.58

Application Timestamp: 53fd63d8

Fault Module Name: DePbo.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.91.0.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 54c80285

Anyone encounter something similar or have any ideas to solve it?

Edited by Woods825

I'm having the same issue with my (published) Sugar Lake terrain. It seems to have happened after the Nexus update, and is still there post-Eden. Similarly, all I did was make some changes to object placement and road alignments, but MakePbo craps out when it gets to the terrain layers.

I posted all the logs here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187761-makepbo-crash-with-a-terrain-project/