Sign in to follow this  
eddo36

Would you trust this tech with your life?

Not until I see how well it can stand up to bullets of various calibers, shrapnel from grenades, and blades or cushion against blunt instruments.

It's a nice trailer and it shows some mobility but it fails to show the other important aspect of armor...PROTECTION.

Also are those NVG's and if so why are they portraying a soldier walking around in BROAD DAYLIGHT with NVG's on....

Yes until soldiers will get halo game like body armor , then we can call it a step up

Also are those NVG's and if so why are they portraying a soldier walking around in BROAD DAYLIGHT with NVG's on....

Haha , so true almost in all military related trailers they use NVG to show how cool they look with those on , even in daylight :D

The whole Trailer, heck the whole armor concept, doesn´t make any damn sense. It looks cool, you are more mobile, but you don´t have the protection you are used to.

so... what... exactly does their armor system better apart from having an exoskeleton, which is pretty much unrelated to armor as i see it...

looks like they just want to show how awesome and operator their toy gear is.

The emphasis is on 'bringing them home safe'. Which to me, just seems like propaganda.

Appeal to the generation that is growing up invincible in video games, tell them they're going to be the same when they actually join up for real and go and face real danger. That way they'll keep that eternal supply they need of young men & women willing to die, whoops, sorry that's the wrong information getting out, I mean survive with this magic kit. For nothing other than lost causes in many cases, and indeed causes that are manufactured in others..

If those that really believed so strongly in these 'causes', were really that committed, they would be the first out there, showing the way. They never are..

Its a case of 'its great to be a hero', but you go and do it.

Or

Its 'great to be a martyr', but you go and do it.

Lead by example, then others may follow that example.

Make one to fit politicians and those with vested interests, you know, weak at the knee's.:mad:

if the exoskeleton is reliable and can handle several days to weeks w/o re-charging (or with recharge on the move)

if it can handle -40 to +70 C degrees

if i's water/salt water and soft-sand proof :)

if it is EM resistant (you don't want to get stuck in middle of attack)

if the frame is shock resistant (cause you don't want stray bullet or fragment to break the frame and crumble poor soldier soldier within by weight)

then of course it will be interesting in terms of possibility to wear heavier protective armor, more ammo and equipment

soldier should be also more fresh due to less strain

and recoil ... what's that ? ;)