Your Madness king Cheese  you know i love your work but is the skill still maxed out for the AI? I know you had an Init line to disable but thats a pain to implement when using campaign missions etc -any chance for an ingame way to disable as im racist against intelligent AI.

Your Madness king Cheese  you know i love your work but is the skill still maxed out for the AI? I know you had an Init line to disable but thats a pain to implement when using campaign missions etc -any chance for an ingame way to disable as im racist against intelligent AI.

Naaaahh my dude. It is by default BUT you can switch it off in the new preferences. After that it's stored in your profile so you do not have to worry anymore with any mission you start. Please note on the other hand that switching the function off does not downgrade the skills (yet),

• Like 1

hey man thanks for the update! great mod. glad somebody takes initiative for something like this

I think it'd be great to have the option for your AI team mates to turn the lasers/flashlights on and off :)

• Like 2

Seconded! And suppressors. I know the code to do that (suppressors may be a bit hacky!) if it would be helpful mad cheese? 

• Like 2

While we are on the topic of wishing: there's an addon called WWAI Menu that unfortunately is no longer supported. It has a great function called Clear Building, what you do is select group menbers, point at a building and tell them to clear it. And they do. Since that mod is on it's dying breath, I'm basically counting days until it stops working after some Arma update, it would be awesome to have that function in C2.

• Like 3

Thanks a lot for the mirrors, support and feedback guys! I hope the new version has been working better :)

I think it'd be great to have the option for your AI team mates to turn the lasers/flashlights on and off :)

Uh, I like that. I remember a mission with this feature, seemed to be problematic but I will look into it!

Seconded! And suppressors. I know the code to do that (suppressors may be a bit hacky!) if it would be helpful mad cheese? 

Uh I like that too. Would only do that for those units actually carrying suppressors in their inventory but I guess that's what u mean anyways :)

While we are on the topic of wishing: there's an addon called WWAI Menu that unfortunately is no longer supported. It has a great function called Clear Building, what you do is select group menbers, point at a building and tell them to clear it. And they do. Since that mod is on it's dying breath, I'm basically counting days until it stops working after some Arma update, it would be awesome to have that function in C2.

Sounds nice! Since I am traveling at the moment and can't test: How exactly did the units clear the building? 

Actually this comes at a good time, one thing I'd like to do soon is add some kind of interaction menu. I played around with that a while ago and had a basic structure that would also detect ACE3 and integrate into their menu's. 

Thanks for those suggestions guys!

• Like 3

I don't know exactly how WWAI works under the hood, but you select a unit in your group and point at a building, and the unit designated to clear the building leaves formation, runs up to the building and walks room to room. When all rooms are cleared they come back to formation.

I guess it has to do with building positions, and the designated unit moving to them one by one. It works great on Altis, Stratis and Tanoa (that have buildings with well defined positions and I guess paths to them). 3rd party maps are a bit hit and miss depending on how well defined positions and such the buildings have.

It's a really cool feature with loads of potential. Clearing a town is really rather quick, and it's pretty immersive to go with your guys in to the buildings when they clear it. Also neat to do it from a UAV perspective watching the white hot figures dissapear into buildings and just hearing the radio calls from the fire fights.

They do however only run straight towards the buildings, so having C2's waypoint function would basically make this Rainbow Six Arma.

^^ I think WWAI allows multiple AI to simultaneous clear different rooms (from an initial start point)  I don't think they smoke or flashbang their way into rooms but wouldnt that be nice *COUGH*

I don't think they smoke or flashbang their way into rooms but wouldnt that be nice *COUGH*

Ok flashbang I can understand -but how would smoke help AI as it would blind the aggressor as equally as the defender. Sure with real world humans I can see the use, but AI.....?

^^ I think WWAI allows multiple AI to simultaneous clear different rooms (from an initial start point)  I don't think they smoke or flashbang their way into rooms but wouldnt that be nice *COUGH*

The auto clearing is an interesting idea. you can sort of do it in planning mode but it would not be perfect of course. I will check!

Grenades... as much as i'd love that, it would require stacking up at doors etc, otherwise I just imagine frustration for the player. Both the AI and the path-lods of buildings are not designed for this. The best I could do is have the unit walk right in front of the door, open it and toss the nade, which honestly i do not think to be very efficient.

APEX has these trailer scenes with units stacking up, but those are purely cinematic unfortunately, which is perfectly fine. maybe someday :) 

Perhaps another option on your dropdown list (Pos0, Pos1 etc .... 'CLEAR') which then sends as many AI as you have selected to go to each of the available house positions in order (or sends have to final position and works backwards) :)

False alarm!  Found out that I wasnt' waiting long enough in my insurgency mission for all the inits.

OK have found some issues .... running just CBA.

20:51:34 Error in expression <ec = true;
};
};            
} foreach _wC;    
if (_reArmSec) then {
_quali = _quali + 3;
}>
20:51:34   Error position: <_reArmSec) then {
_quali = _quali + 3;
}>
20:51:34   Error Undefined variable in expression: _rearmsec
20:51:34 File CCOREM\MCSS_C2_Mode_HUD.sqf, line 2077

and

21:01:36 Error in expression <';
_result = ((_unit getvariable _vari) select (_index - _countActual)) select 0>
21:01:36   Error position: <select (_index - _countActual)) select 0>
21:01:36   Error Zero divisor
21:01:36 File CCOREM\MCSS_C2_Mode_PLANNING.sqf, line 1055
21:01:36 Error in expression <(_this select 0) drawarrow [(getpos MCSS_C2_MEMBER_5),([M>
21:01:36   Error position: <drawarrow [(getpos MCSS_C2_MEMBER_5),([M>
21:01:36   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

and

21:44:43 Action::Process - No target [action: Rearm]
21:44:45 Error in expression <) == 4 ) then {
_gun = _x;
};
} foreach _weapons;
if !(_gun == "") then {
_unit >
21:44:45   Error position: <_weapons;
if !(_gun == "") then {
_unit >
21:44:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weapons
21:44:45 File CCOREM\MCSS_C2_Mode_HUD.sqf, line 1996

Cheers

Krem

OK have found some issues .... running just CBA.

oh thx! i have had issues with rpt's, I can't find them anymore.

Error 1 and 3 are related to the reArm function which definitely has some issues in general and could do with a lot of overhaul.

Error 1 is a wrong varname, Error 3 seems to target non-existing stuff. Thanks for reporting!!

Error 2 relates to my favorite ballbreaker function, the one that handles how the tablet-arrows are handled dynamically. This one could be complicated, could you help me recreate this situation please?

Regarding error2 - it isn't caused by a unit dying on its way to the waypoint?

Regarding error2 - it isn't caused by a unit dying on its way to the waypoint?

that's what i'm thinking - will look into it today! at least it would mean the error is not looping, but that's all just wild guessing, I'll know more later :)

If you need help in testing out interim versions then please ask mate .... happy to help.

• Like 1

How do I get the units to actually execute orders in HUD mode? I set up where I want them to go but my squad doesn't move and the indicators stay where I want them to go.