Hi there @b3lx - can you give me a bit more context about those errors? Screenshots would be perfect. Also feel free to join the discord although the BETA is the clear focus I'd still want to fix those errors. It's highly likely that these are from the addon itself, I don't think it's your performance

Thanks, I just joined the discord. Here's a first screenshot. I'll post others on discord. In this case I tried to add alpha 1-3 to red and the error popped up

Spoiler

Wp3HHtN.jpg

Hmm, am I expected to do all this in real time issuing command from player camera position only? It's a bit difficult for a scrub like me. Unless I'm dealing with AI positioned in static building positions I'm probably gonna take a few minutes and getting killed in the process of struggling with the UI and frantic clicking.

The switch hand lean when positioned exactly around a corner on the 2.0 trailer thumb nail though, I'm just starting so I haven't figured that out yet. Can you tell me how to do that with C2? The only way I can get AI to "use cover" is to switch unit and do it for AI manually.

I am not sure how to respond to this 🙂

You are not 'expected' to do anything. But say if you wanted to do some things - you could! There's a serious amount of functions in this addon and maybe a few of them will match what you are looking for. As far as words like 'probably' go, the only advice I can give is that expectations and assumptions can generally be confirmed or refuted by giving things a try. You pretty much have control mechanics available at any level, 1st person cam, 3rd person cam, command view, drones and map. However some of those may be more developed in the beta project.

The image of the C2 2.0 trailer is orchestrated with animations and frozen units. Some call it promotion, some would call it false advertising. The image itself only has so much to do with the addon and more with the 'hey i need your attention' idea. You can however stack up units around objects and walls with C2, which is the basic thing I wanted to communicate in a way that looked cool.

The lean you are looking for is CTRL+A, a default Arma mechanic/animation. If you are referring to making the AI do that animation - that would be a negative.

I might have come off as being critical of your work, not that I'm qualified or in any way have the right to be. But if I did I apologize. I welcome any improvement to AI command, and I saw in whatever little time fumbling with your C2, some cool features. Say the high command slingload and assemble static weapons, it could open doors to some more "strategic" maneuvers that are otherwise not possible. The building clearing routine is, as far as ARMA goes, as good as it could get IMHO. And probably a bunch others I didn't discover.

But speaking only for myself, to effectively command in ARMA I really can't do it in 1:1 realtime, without perfect access to the point of interest with my camera. It's very often the point of your command order is either out of your line of sight(be it a mound or building or whatever), or even if you do it may be too distant to snap cursor onto it with any precision. As for map command I think even for the best map reader it's sometimes difficult to place your command somewhere within a few meters of where your really want it to be in the 3D scene. And what a difference a few meters can make, you could have AI standing in the open when you need him behind some LOS blocker to not get shot, or staring at the building wall when you need him to engage. And you won't even find that out without line of sight to the said unit. Now you mentioned UAV that could alleviate some problems, but to get access to all the points of interest for commanding, in a timely manner, it's probably not practical, not to mention turrets generally don't work well accTime less than 1.

And the time I have affects how much I can realistically use whatever function that's available, especially when it's time sensitive, say for example when you're in contact. ARMA's highly compressed engagement timeline(5 minute to one side wiped out, most death occur first 2 min, even faster with "recoilless" mounted weapons) make it doubly important to get your commands out quick to affect outcome. Larger group only makes it harder to individually intervene unit action, to the degree I believe no amount of streamlining UI or improving proficiency can achieve.

Actually some of the works(Door Kicker, Zapat's Get Tactical interface which I use to this day) you cite as your inspirations incorporated solutions: alternative camera angle for commanding and active pause. I wonder what is your opinion on those. Didn't occur to you at all(I doubt)? Or they were consciously rejected to preserve MP compatibility? Not feasible to implement? Or ideologically you consider them "cheats" in ARMA context? Or something else?

As for stance change, well I thought it might be choreographed, but you never assume things you don't know, part of me wanted it to be true... Only if you can make AI properlly peek from cover... Well one can dream.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I forgot to mention in these forums that the addon has received some fixes:

C2 V2.1.2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqdfj250sqpn3dt/%40C2_212.zip?dl=1

FIXED: Grenade and Suppression WP-Actions could not be selected
FIXED: WP-Conditions could not be selected

C2's successor is coming along more than well too! Here's a new video displaying some new naval capabilities. 

To avoid confusion, the update and the beta in the video are two different things. I wanted to post the video and realized I never mentioned the last update on these boards.

• Like 6

Is there any way to use the attach ir strobe function on units that are not in the players group?

Does anyone experience problems with the Tablet in the latest update. 

It does not show the tablet anymore but a borderless map. This would be a big deal but it creates problems with issuing orders. For example a right click on an enemy does not open the drop menu anymore. 

Do you have the same problem?

Hi.  I recently started messing around with C2 again after running across the Youtube video that discussed how to assemble and disassemble the static weapons from High Command.  The problem that I'm running into is that I can't pull up the High Command context menu as shown in that video.  Whenever I right click on a waypoint for a unit, I end up getting the standard BIS menu which doesn't include the Action submenu shown in the video.

The video is dated March 27 2018.  The version of C2 that I'm running is the Steam version updated May 28, 2019.

I'm running just C2 and CBA3.  No other mods.

The problem is showing up on both Altis and Stratis.

Same set up on both maps:

Blufor:

One Player character -- Officer with a NATO Squad Leader loadout

One Mk6 mortar team

2 Rifle Fireteams

Opfor:

One CSAT Rifle squad

As soon as I set a waypoint for a unit and before I try to right click on it I see the following error in the middle of my screen:

'
if !(false) then ([(group |#|this)] call MCSS_C2_HC_HP_WP_COMPLETE;
...'
Error Undefined variable in expression: this
File C2_CORE\FNC_AI\fncs_HighCommand.sqf..., line 597

When I right click on the waypoint, the error remains on the screen and I get the BIS menu instead of the C2 menu that includes the Action submenu.

That's it.  About as basic a mission as you could imagine.  The whole point of it is to test the ability to give the mortar team directions to move, deploy, and prepare to provide indirect fire on a target.  I have tried just about everything that I can think of with no success.  Does anyone have any idea why I might be seeing this error?

TIA

5 hours ago, =jps=sgtrock said:

The problem that I'm running into is that I can't pull up the High Command context menu as shown in that video. 

Hi there, the Static weapon assembly as used in my videos is not a part of C2 | Steam but a beta project I have been working on over the last two years.

5 hours ago, =jps=sgtrock said:

'
if !(false) then ([(group |#|this)] call MCSS_C2_HC_HP_WP_COMPLETE;
...'
Error Undefined variable in expression: this
File C2_CORE\FNC_AI\fncs_HighCommand.sqf..., line 597

When I right click on the waypoint, the error remains on the screen and I get the BIS menu instead of the C2 menu that includes the Action submenu.

Sounds like you have a BIS HighCommand module synced to your player. Unfortunately this creates issues, the script error comes up if you hover over a waypoint with modified statements (basically every waypoint), showing 'this' as undefined although the scripts always seemed to have executed correctly. Just get rid of the HC module, for the STEAM version you are using I recommend AIC by Duda134 to gain access over all highCommand groups.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mad_cheese said:

Hi there, the Static weapon assembly as used in my videos is not a part of C2 | Steam but a beta project I have been working on over the last two years.

Sounds like you have a BIS HighCommand module synced to your player. Unfortunately this creates issues, the script error comes up if you hover over a waypoint with modified statements (basically every waypoint), showing 'this' as undefined although the scripts always seemed to have executed correctly. Just get rid of the HC module, for the STEAM version you are using I recommend AIC by Duda134 to gain access over all highCommand groups.

Thanks, mad_cheese.  I didn't realize that you hadn't released the beta yet since the update date on Steam was from this year.  How stable is the beta at this time?  Is it playable in both SP and MP?

After thinking about the errors that I was seeing I had tentatively come to a similar conclusion because I had seen you mention AIC previously in this thread and elsewhere.  I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Anyone is welcome to join the discord and grab the beta. It is supremely different from the steam version and is stable. I recommend you try it out. A discord moderator will give you access on joining. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2019 at 1:10 AM, kremator said:

Anyone is welcome to join the discord and grab the beta. It is supremely different from the steam version and is stable. I recommend you try it out. A discord moderator will give you access on joining. 

I would definitely like to try the beta...

Also, any chance at the auto medic being implemented?

On 4/3/2020 at 4:14 PM, gnosis89 said:

I would definitely like to try the beta...

Also, any chance at the auto medic being implemented?

Auto Medic is in the C2 Beta, works very well even with ACE

Is there any news from Beta?

I saw some videos and it is realy good. one of the best mods for Single Player for sure, but unfortunetly it is out of reach for some times...

3 hours ago, Reza TP said:

Is there any news from Beta?

I saw some videos and it is realy good. one of the best mods for Single Player for sure, but unfortunetly it is out of reach for some times...

If you want auto medic, try using this with the all in one single player mod, they work quite well together, and both have different features that compliment each other.

28 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

If you want auto medic, try using this with the all in one single player mod, they work quite well together, and both have different features that compliment each other.

Yes, I know, I use C2 (unfortunatly Steam version), all in one single player, advanced ai command and drongo command mod together. And each one has something useful But C2 Beta has the potansial to replace all of these mods, I saw in youtube that it has Convoy Option, SVD controll, tanks, hilo and Plane manual fire support etc etc etc.

Hopefully the ability to easily access inventories as well, so as to give members items.

For squad member AI AT to fire; look at target through gun sight or binos, select AT guy by F keys, then by default hold H key while looking at target, line up the diamond target marker, and release the H key. Pretty sure you can rebind other than H if you want. For focus group see this vid 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 7:36 PM, 4-325Ranger said:

For squad member AI AT to fire; look at target through gun sight or binos, select AT guy by F keys, then by default hold H key while looking at target, line up the diamond target marker, and release the H key. Pretty sure you can rebind other than H if you want. For focus group see this vid 

Thank you for the help! I got the AT to fire but still cannot get the focus group set, even when I'm pressing ctrl+rmb.

Hey, I found a problem in beta version.

When player with his Ai group mount a car or APC, when player uses the Wheel menu of C2 and command squad to Hold fire or what ever in tha section (the section that player can choose Comabt,aware etc mods, and fire mods like hold fire, fire at will etc) the squad start to disambark.

Hey, I found a problem in beta version.
When player with his Ai group mount a car or APC, when player uses the Wheel menu of C2 and command squad to Hold fire or what ever in tha section (the section that player can choose Comabt,aware etc mods, and fire mods like hold fire, fire at will etc) the squad start to disambark.

I confirm too.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk