Ok. Ive used both before without issue so something else is going on. Can I ask are you using beta or steam version?

Also any particular steps to reproduce / missions etc

2 hours ago, Catchdog64 said:

ALiVE and VCOM is about it as far as AI or AI control mods go.

I tend to have the same issue, what Mad Cheese told me was that issues like this can happen in missions that are basically too crowded/complicated. Alive is pretty performance heavy (at least for me) especially when you have a lot if profiles active, and then if you also have a lot of units placed and other crazy shit, that can cause it. Is your mission super crowded? 

8 hours ago, Rockapes said:

Ok. Ive used both before without issue so something else is going on. Can I ask are you using beta or steam version?

Also any particular steps to reproduce / missions etc

As far as I know it's the Steam version.

7 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

I tend to have the same issue, what Mad Cheese told me was that issues like this can happen in missions that are basically too crowded/complicated. Alive is pretty performance heavy (at least for me) especially when you have a lot if profiles active, and then if you also have a lot of units placed and other crazy shit, that can cause it. Is your mission super crowded? 

Yeah it's a fairly big mission.

1 hour ago, Catchdog64 said:

Yeah it's a fairly big mission.

My guess is that's why. If you use c2 in an extremely light mission (as in probably not placing any opfor) does it still do it? 

1 hour ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

My guess is that's why. If you use c2 in an extremely light mission (as in probably not placing any opfor) does it still do it? 

It works with barely anything added, and scripts running. So, for me anyhow, anything resembling a playable mission it's wonky.

@catchdog  I have played on a few ALIVE missions and what I would consider to be heavy missions and never had this problem occur so I dont have alot of ideas unless of course your computer just isnt upto the requirements ( not that I know what min is ). What are your computer specs?

On 3/10/2018 at 7:18 PM, Catchdog64 said:

It works with barely anything added, and scripts running. So, for me anyhow, anything resembling a playable mission it's wonky.

yup, @Catchdog64 in all honestly it sounds like there is a problem on your end. Feel free to join the DISCORD and post a video of your issue since words tend to be too subjective and vague in cases like this. Will be happy to help if I can!

Hi, i wrote it in discrord, but look's like my message is lost, I'll duplicate it here:

Hi, i found this mod https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/185710-hcc-high-command-converter-154/ and tried to use it simultaneously with C2, all works fine except one feature: doesn't work "wait" commands for HC groups, without C2 all works fine. Is it possible to provide compatability with this mod?
Or maybe implement this "wait" feature for HC groups in C2... It would be great)

• Like 1

And another question, I'm playing with "alive" addon,  it have "SPOTREP" feature, and in callsing field i had this "MCSS_C2_MEMBER_0" are there ways to fix this and replace with my actual callsign?

As an avid ALiVE player & mission builder I was really really happy when I discovered that I don't have to accept the auto-generated callsigns in the SITREPS. It's as simple as doing a left click into the  callsign field and then deleting the uncool naming with backspace to finally write in my preferred callsign. Same is ofc possible for time & date format if you dislike the form that is auto- generated.

On 3/27/2018 at 7:56 PM, headstone said:

Hi, i wrote it in discrord, but look's like my message is lost, I'll duplicate it here:

Hi, i found this mod https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/185710-hcc-high-command-converter-154/ and tried to use it simultaneously with C2, all works fine except one feature: doesn't work "wait" commands for HC groups, without C2 all works fine. Is it possible to provide compatability with this mod?
Or maybe implement this "wait" feature for HC groups in C2... It would be great)

Hi there, I would be happy to provide compatibility but I have no idea what the root of this issue could be. Feel free to investigate and hit me with videos on discord. Other than that, C2 does have timeout, daytimes and goCodes as possible waypoint conditions for HC groups - I am unclear what 'wait' actually means in your context.

But you need to disband the units from your squad unless you are also running AIC, which can automatically give you access to all groups on your side. However, if you are like me and do not mind using a debug console in your gamgeplay, you can also add groups to C2's custom HC-group array:

MCSS_C2_HC_DISBANDED pushbackUnique _group;

OR

{if (side _x == side player) then {MCSS_C2_HC_DISBANDED pushbackUnique _x}} foreach (allgroups - [group player]);

Unless of course HCC provides this functionality as well. I have not tied it yet but I'm a fan of igitur and definitly need to try it one day. 

EDIT: I watched the video and get that I misunderstood. Really no clue what could prevent them from waiting... Let me know if you have an idea. I'll leave the other info up for those who may be interested.

For your other question: MCSS_C2_MEMBER_0 is not exactly you 'callsign' but your character-vehicle's varname. I am not sure if it's still true, but at the time I discovered that some of my scripts required the units to have actual vehicle varnames. I can understand that this name does not look 'cool' but it's the first time that I hear that a dialog uses the vehicleVarname  , usually they display the unit's name or a groupID. I can try to leave the player's name untouched, should work but could also break a whole lot. I second renaming the varname as @tourist suggested, that's not gonna be an issue and will always be what you actually want.

Hmm, look's like in latest beta this "wait" feature from HCC works fine)

• Like 1

and another one with new beta stuff

Hi Madcheese, do you plan to release your fantastic scenario. Flights look epic ;)

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

What more mods do I need to play this?  Error report ;Can`t seem to make a Convoy at all.

please post the exact error on discord, i know you are on there ;) 

you need the updated beta version too, convoys are not a part of the release version. I use AIC as well but it's not required.

• Like 1

2:20 - Having fired mortars, the answer is Yes, he has a woody.

13:07 - nice little music edit, I almost fell out of my chair. It's the little edits and commentary at key moments that keep me coming back!

In each of these videos, you have a new composition of AI units ready to go. How are you spawning all these units given that this is a Liberation mission? One of the MCC cheat mods, or did you change a code in Liberation for cheaper or "free" units?

I'd asked a few videos back, does VoiceAttack make all of this easier, or do you find it to "buggy"? I've been training up with just C2_beta, trying to get controlling my squad down before attempting anything combined arms by using AIC and HC units.

Love these vids Cheese, always looking forward to them!

Hi Cheese! I've been playing liberation with C2 for some time and  I've got a few suggestion for HC. Could you add that CTRL+RMB drop-down menu to the unit list as well? Calling artillery strikes wold be even faster with that. And is there possibility to get some kind of clear bulding waypoint in HC? That's all I've got so far. Thanks for amazing mod that made playing with ai bearable and keep those videos coming man, they're great!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4-325Ranger said:

2:20 - Having fired mortars, the answer is Yes, he has a woody.

13:07 - nice little music edit, I almost fell out of my chair. It's the little edits and commentary at key moments that keep me coming back!

Ha, I knew it!! And thanks by the way, sometimes I am not sure if the silly stuff is welcome, it's just more fun for me this way especially since things are not always.. uhm... smooth :D 

In each of these videos, you have a new composition of AI units ready to go. How are you spawning all these units given that this is a Liberation mission? One of the MCC cheat mods, or did you change a code in Liberation for cheaper or "free" units?

It's both. I wrote a function within my 'cheat' addon that spawns the convoy, another that spawns a fresh squad and another that creates a fresh weapons-squad. These are to save time. On top, I have set the cost of everything within Liberation to 0 since it's just me playing anyways - in MP the restriction would be welcome but for SP I did not need it.

I'd asked a few videos back, does VoiceAttack make all of this easier, or do you find it to "buggy"? I've been training up with just C2_beta, trying to get controlling my squad down before attempting anything combined arms by using AIC and HC units.

Sorry I missed the question - I find that VoiceAttack makes things a lot easier and I really need to get into it again. The reason I was not using it recently is because I have a new rig and speech is not very trained yet.

Thanks for the nice words!

18 hours ago, sirPecka said:

Hi Cheese! I've been playing liberation with C2 for some time and  I've got a few suggestion for HC. Could you add that CTRL+RMB drop-down menu to the unit list as well? Calling artillery strikes wold be even faster with that. And is there possibility to get some kind of clear bulding waypoint in HC? That's all I've got so far. Thanks for amazing mod that made playing with ai bearable and keep those videos coming man, they're great!

Building clearing was a problem for HC before, it's still tricky but I changed a lot of UI-related stuff and it's gonna be less painful to implement it now - the framework is basically there. The clearing function is kinda buggy, I'm gonna have to invest a bit more in that.

What do yo mean by adding a dropdown to the 'units list' - you mean a menu for squad level? I've been thinking about that a lot but still am not very happy with the 'coherence' of my ideas. I could maybe start with mortars, it's the only map specific interaction that I can think of right now - depending on if I understand you correctly

• Thanks 1