Here's another WIP report:

The HUD-MENU-UI has developed a bit and has received the first layout of the new, rotating FORMSECTOR ICON, better visualizing the combination of FORMATION and SECTOR.

This icon is the first icon byour brandnew 'UI-GUY" -  @[VW]Wrath

HUD_MENU.png?width=699&height=437

The squadlevel waypoint-manager has received a complete restauration. The sloppy data was combined into sub-blocks, enabling sets of waypoint-conditions and more importantly "WAYPOINT ACTIONS".

As a first experiment, I dove into a long lasting dream of mine and added the REARM-WP-ACTION. This essentially enables you to chose specific items from crates. If the unit has no plans with a wp-action that has a defined crate and items, the unit will break from his plans and go to the crate. But if has the action with an assigned crate, it will add to the plan.

In a nutshell this means: You can browse and choose individual items from different crates, the unit will move from crate to crate, picking up all the items. Only for individual units, group selections will go for the general 're-arm' without specific items.

BETA AVAILABLE ON DISCORD!

HWFATxz.jpgPatreon+Logo.jpg

• Like 7

Wow....that looks awesome. I dont know how you come up with these ideas & improvements but cannot wait to try this out when released. ?

• Like 2

On 29/09/2017 at 1:01 AM, mad_cheese said:

@Rockapes you can get the beta on discord!

Cool. I will get on in morning. Thanks for the heads up

This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Downloading the beta now...

• Like 2

This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Downloading the beta now...

Why yes - yes it is - LOL...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Why yes - yes it is - LOL...

Regards,
Scott

I meant the new feature and HUD mode! There's no doubt that C2 is awesome! :wink_o:

• Like 1

I meant the new feature and HUD mode! There's no doubt that C2 is awesome! :wink_o:

I concur on both fronts - just joking around...
:)

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this awesome Mod.

Is it possible to disable the hole C2 functionality in a single mission within a campain? I didn't find any information in the readme file. Are there any variables to enable/disable?

regards,

Saint

• Like 1

On 10/3/2017 at 0:00 PM, CoA|Saint said:

Thank you very much for this awesome Mod.

Is it possible to disable the hole C2 functionality in a single mission within a campain? I didn't find any information in the readme file. Are there any variables to enable/disable?

regards,

Saint

I too think it would be a useful feature! I hope @mad_cheese implements that one!

@CoA|Saint  

@Leopard20

I was unsuccesful in making a ESC-menu dialog for C2. This is the only way I could get a setup where restarting the mission will be enough. Most missions get broken via some kind of group related stuff. Some of it I can address when the time is there.

Here's some new WIP footage of some new features! There's some real nice stuff heading towards main branch :)

C2 Formation Manager:

(video by @reggaeman007jah)

Sling Load Implementation:

• Like 10

And some more stuff:

Infantry waypoints can now be synced with 'Pickup'-Waypoints, making the assigning the units as cargo and boarding them to the vehicle.

Tanks will now face the direction you assign!

Also, the Jet landing- parking- and takeoff routine has been added to the HC/Reserve functionality. The addon will park the vehicles in front of unoccupied hangars.

Next patch coming soon, Beta as always available on Discord!

HWFATxz.jpg

• Like 11

If you have latest betas then cntrl-f

:grinning:

Assuming your keybinds are default

Hello Mad_cheese!

Its a really great mod and i really like to use it, but unfortunately it is not really suitable if you have many mods running. I use it for playing DUWS and other CTI Missions. I like the possibility to switch of the NUM-Pad commands because i dont use them. I use voice commands so your tool is way to rich for my purposes.

The command module for the HC does not work at all. the markers are missing and there are a lot of other bugs actually. If it would work it would be nice, but i just give simple commands to HC-AI so i would rather use the vanilla HC-Command menu.

So and here is my question.

Is there, or could you implement, a possibility to switch of modules in C2? I mean i just use the circle menu, and nothing else. And i need the C2-buttons for other stuff.

Sometimes i use the planning mode, but i like the tablet. It has more immersion for me to use this.

Thanks for your answer

Servus

Hi Skanda,

I can not cater to everybody's personal tastes as much as I would like to.  Sticking to mine has proven to be efficient and if the data overwhelmingly suggest something, like map planning over tablet, I got for it. That's why I included the off toggle option.

I am not sure what issues you are encountering with the HC stuff but it sounds to me like you are synced to a A3HC module, which is the least effective way to use C2 with HC. I can remove it if it's confusing, I see the room for error. I mentioned it in some video but of course I do not expect everyone to watch them and things change a lot. Anyways, for HC I recommend either no module at all, simply disbanding and rejoining units from and to your squad, or AIC if you want to command everybody.  

I had the approach to do modular but it is ineffective and unnecessary. You can disable the keybinds if you personally really deem a feature unnecessary. 

• Like 4

Hey MC,

I would like to say thank you for this great addon u created! Really impressive work. Arma 3 is not the same without ur mod ...

• Like 3

i can understand this. But what do you mean with A3HC Module?

Thank you @Riksen!

@Skanda, the default HC module that you have in Arma. This is what causes things to seem buggy. I am not sure that this is the situation you are having, but I find that sometimes things can look sort of buggy with that and I have not really tried it in a while.  Other than that, the only issue with HC that I am aware of is that Suppression and Ambush actions are not bulletproof yet when using AIC, I still need to fix that.

Came up with something ,what if a russian helicopter tactic could be employed in Arma-to make a helicopter: Loiter by setting a "360*" nose-pointed at a target while performing a circle that we can decide how far out the helo flies?   Not the same as S&D or regular Loiter .

What if we can use the form 360 dg zone and couple that with a very precise landing INSIDE of it?   Use the Scroll Wheel,and pick biggest setting and add an invisable landing pad inside there?

Atutomatically add IR-strobes in a square or triangle and make every Zeus-placed helo be incorporated into the Reserves/HC instanly.Be able to issue a fly-in heght that should be what we decide it will fly at when arriving.

Tip: If you have the helo checking it`s set flight height at +- 2m/sec@every 2,5 sec ,it will fly very well. Make it check distance to every tree in forward flight path Time To Impact with it ,if it continues on this path,and issue a 4g pull-up if needed.Then it decends back down to set altitude again.

Like a AP for helos. Like a Radar altimeter,if you like.

Some one made something like it for A2.

For some reason the bottom part of the map menu is cut off, so I can't see the commit button. Any way to reset that? I think it was like this from the start. Playing on normal ui size 1960x1080.

I'm think that for the time being I will just unpack the mod and move the map UI up myself.

EDIT: I found the issue: you need to play on small UI size. Where exactly are the controls for the map overlay? I want to try tweaking it myself.

EDIT: I did a sneaky thing and used the mass replace in notepad++ to replace the y value with something like this:
y = (XXX - 4 ) * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y
I did this in two steps "y = (" first and " - 4 ) * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y" second. had to manually edit few entries, but now I have full control over the height of the map controls.

Hey Mad Cheese, 
Is there a way to switch the move key? I don't see an assigned key for it under the control options. I'd like to assign it to something else other than the RMB because when I use it, it switches the optics back and forth. Thanks for the great mod btw.