yeah i'd would rather have the C2 menu on the map toggleable with a key one can assign in the mod controls. I like the idea of having it on the map, but not on by default. I think a toggle would be the ideal solution.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kremator said:

Having it come up automagically in map is just perfect (and obviously highlights the wonder of C2).  Can't you just press C then to remove it from map then use your HC mods ?

I can, but like I said it interferes with my HC mod, Advanced AI Command (if I remove the controls, I can't control other squads either). I personally would rather have it disabled by default.

Maybe the best solution here is to add an option to the settings in the radial menu (controls enabled by default or not)

21 minutes ago, xon2 said:

yeah i'd would rather have the C2 menu on the map toggleable with a key one can assign in the mod controls. I like the idea of having it on the map, but not on by default. I think a toggle would be the ideal solution

I completely agree.

Hi MC.. a question on go-codes..

Is it possible to cycle through go-codes while in HUD mode? Or do you need to trigger the next go-code while in planning mode?

Keep up the great work, your mod is awesome!

@Leopard20

Allow me a careful critique:

Spoiler

I do not mean to be disrespectful but someone is gonna have to say it. You have a bit of a millenial mindset and come across as inexperienced with this game, no offense. Nothing wrong with that at all, but the overwhelming constant is that you seem to confuse your personal preferences with universal facts. Please don't make me elaborate. Correcting you makes you backpedal and put your previous statements into a more defined, new context. This creates the illusion of always being right, but like... when you close your eyes, I can still see u.  I'm sorry if this sounds patronizing,but you may not be aware how inconsiderate some of your statements really are.

If you hide the interface with C, a bool gets saved in your profile. So unless you bring it up with C again, the interface will not open along with the map anymore, not even if you restart the game. That is totally sufficient in my book unless I am overlooking something, also I will test it tonight to be sure I'm not talking smack here lol EDIT: I did test. I speaks the truths!

For the teamswitch: While I absolutely see your point with unresponsive AI, I have considered it carefully and decided against it. BUT as I said, if you want this for yourself, all you need is a debug console and this:

{addSwitchableUnit _x} foreach units player

You could also create an entire addon just around this one line of code and streamline it even more. I guarantee a lot of people have your taste of gaming and will love to have the option.

I really feel bad to come at you with this vibe but I need you to put more respec on my name bro! Apart from that, we cool <3

Hi MC.. a question on go-codes..

Is it possible to cycle through go-codes while in HUD mode? Or do you need to trigger the next go-code while in planning mode?

Keep up the great work, your mod is awesome!

Oh snap I LOVE that idea. GoCodes are not a part of HUD mode yet. It's abstract because usually you would only receive one WP but this could be cool for precise small plans without having to use the abstract map view. Go to that corner, wait for gocode, then go to that buildingpos or something like that!

EDIT 2: I realized that I may have misunderstood. If you want to trigger/activate a gocode via HUD, you can right click on the brain icon (I think it was the brain) which will open a goCode trigger for the radial, so you do not have to open the map or tablet.

Also in planning mode, I need to add an option for gocodes to be a part of the waypoint vs having to use the right click menu every time!

• Like 5

On 8/13/2017 at 8:19 PM, mad_cheese said:

@Leopard20

Allow me a careful critique:

Reveal hidden contents

First of all: Huh?!

Second of all: I'm sure what I said, despite including personal preferences, make a lot of sense and I'm sure they would appeal to many users. Besides, there's nothing universal when it comes to mod making. At the very least it includes YOUR personal preferences. You shouldn't call other people "inconsiderate" just because their ideas are different than yours.

Third of all: When you say " I do not mean to be disrespectful" or "no offense" you shouldn't follow it with something disrespectful and offensive. Still, we're cool, "bro".

If you hide the interface with C, a bool gets saved in your profile. So unless you bring it up with C again, the interface will not open along with the map anymore, not even if you restart the game. That is totally sufficient in my book unless I am overlooking something, also I will test it tonight to be sure I'm not talking smack here lol EDIT: I did test. I speaks the truths!

Sorry I didn't look at it that way. It appears you're right.

I need you to put more respec on my name bro!

What do you mean? I don't recall being rude at all.

• Like 1

awesome man .. I will give that a try :)

What I want, what I really really want.. activate 'go codes' using voice commands X)

(and by that, I mean, activating go code progression using a bound key, then assigning a voice command to that same key :) )

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, reggaeman007jah said:

awesome man .. I will give that a try :)

What I want, what I really really want.. activate 'go codes' using voice commands X)

(and by that, I mean, activating go code progression using a bound key, then assigning a voice command to that same key :) )

oooooops. I think I promised this to Woofer a while ago amongst other things. shit I can't remember.  :don8:

i know there was a few things that were supposed to be available but not have a default keybind to prevent clashes. Anyways it's not to late, we can do that now!

• Like 3

haha and i am lurking woofer's thread already waiting for him to drop his jazz on us. The combo C2 and woofer's VA profile so just so great....lots of weeks 'wasted' in front of the pc that will mean Yoda says!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Second of all: I'm sure what I said, despite including personal preferences, make a lot of sense and I'm sure they would appeal to many users. Besides, there's nothing universal when it comes to mod making. At the very least it includes YOUR personal preferences. You shouldn't go about calling other people "inconsiderate" just because their ideas are different than yours.

As mad_cheese is the mod maker it is up to him to decide what is included (or appeals) to many users.  What you have in C2 is amazing (even BIS agrees!) and considering it is from one guy - we should all be really thankful!  mad_cheese has a direction in his head how he wants C2 to go - and none of us have the right to dictate to him ('it intereferes with my mod' etc).  As yoda says 'use or not use' but attacking the mod maker is not the wisest move if you want changes.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, kremator said:

As mad_cheese is the mod maker it is up to him to decide what is included (or appeals) to many users.  What you have in C2 is amazing (even BIS agrees!) and considering it is from one guy - we should all be really thankful!  mad_cheese has a direction in his head how he wants C2 to go - and none of us have the right to dictate to him ('it intereferes with my mod' etc).  As yoda says 'use or not use' but attacking the mod maker is not the wisest move if you want changes.

Quite agree. There is a difference between throwing down some cool ideas for discussion, and placing direct requests for mod makers to make changes. The way I see things, these mod threads are to help inform the product owner (who is in this case the also the 'only' dev here) make the best decisions through feedback and dialog; we play a role of course as testers/users, but we should respect the fact that this is a creative endeavour - if we don't like the way things are going, we can either learn to live without the mod, or take up coding (in fact, I think we should all take up coding anyway :)

12 hours ago, mad_cheese said:

oooooops. I think I promised this to Woofer a while ago amongst other things. shit I can't remember.  :don8:

i know there was a few things that were supposed to be available but not have a default keybind to prevent clashes. Anyways it's not to late, we can do that now!

This is, great news! :sol: Thank you sir!

• Like 1

The more I play with C2, the more I love it! It's one of those things that as you get more proficient with it, the more enjoyable it becomes. I did my first true combat tests with it last night and god damn! Vs. Vanilla it allowed me to think tactically instead of pondering what commands I need to issue to get a simple thing to happen.

A couple of things, not critiques or bug reports, just observations that I noticed amd thought of if I may? No pressure or requests thouh, promise.

Firstly, I found that ordering my troops to the low stone walls found commonly on Altis was quite difficult at a distance. I could see them quite clearly, but the markers wpuld not snap to them. Planning mode was little help as BI haven't actually added map markers to them, so though I got them there in the end, it was a little fiddly without the snap function.

Another thing I pondered was when facing down a Russian MG position (Playing with IFA3). I wasn't close enough to hit it with grenades myself and the IFA3 grenades don't work with the command throw as part of the mods, and I had no GL's, but did have a Panzerfaust in my squad.

I may be being stupid and missing it, but I thought that it may be cool to be able to order launcher teams to target positions just like with the UGL's. Though I suppose it is against what the Laws of War DLC is about, sometimes you just need to drop a rocket through a window :P.

I will be honest though, MC. Your work is testament to the modding communities skill, and I look forward to seeing your mod grow and expand.

Ayyy everybody! Thanks for having my back here, was worried I had gone to hard again. I don't want you guys to feel like you need to stroke my ego before you present your feedback lol!

I do think there is a unwritten code, or basically it's just manners. 99% of people have no issue getting this right and made the addon into what it is now. I have taken notes of what you guys said btw and will consider those, they will help to clean up the house.

1 hour ago, reggaeman007jah said:

(in fact, I think we should all take up coding anyway :)

YEESSSSl! I modify lots of community content for my personal use. It's great to learn and shorten the gap between a product and your personal taste. 

I'd be super delighted if someone came at me with a carefully crafted layout of sorts.

1 hour ago, [VW]Wrath said:

Firstly, I found that ordering my troops to the low stone walls found commonly on Altis was quite difficult at a distance. I could see them quite clearly, but the markers wpuld not snap to them. Planning mode was little help as BI haven't actually added map markers to them, so though I got them there in the end, it was a little fiddly without the snap function.

Another thing I pondered was when facing down a Russian MG position (Playing with IFA3). I wasn't close enough to hit it with grenades myself and the IFA3 grenades don't work with the command throw as part of the mods, and I had no GL's, but did have a Panzerfaust in my squad.

I may be being stupid and missing it, but I thought that it may be cool to be able to order launcher teams to target positions just like with the UGL's. Though I suppose it is against what the Laws of War DLC is about, sometimes you just need to drop a rocket through a window :P.

Thanks for your kind words!

1. The stone walls on Altis apparently do not get picked up by the lineIntersectsSurfaces command (yet?), I was also suprised because to the best of my knowledge they do absorb bullets. You did the best next thing!!

2. Thanks for the grenade report. I will look into the configs of IFA and see why I was not able to pick those up.

3. I really tried to make this work but I was not able to get the AI to reliably use their AT-launchers. I simply can not force them to chose the launcher and aim it where I want. But I will try again!

Hey just randomly I have some questions:

Has anyone encountered lowFPS issues like Non-disappearing HUD indicators? I am trying to find out how likely those are to happen, especially with stronger PC's since mine is quite old. For example I had some issues with the DynamicCombatOps mission, which is too nice to not try and make it work.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mad_cheese said:

Has anyone encountered lowFPS issues like Non-disappearing HUD indicators?

Unfortunately I have a beast of a PC, so I've not noticed this.  Will keep looking for you however.  Do you use the 'profiling' branch (checking the servers and administration thread) as I think you can check how intensive certain functions are?

Keep up the good work ... and quit telling me to stop stroking your ego !!!

I've not noticed any major FPS drops on my rig, which is mid-range now. I will be playing around some more with it later though so I will let you know if anything crops up.

Sorry I should have specified better, I mean when you play fps heavy missions that have performance issues. 

I found the list for voicecommands, i'll see what i can do!

Spoiler
  • Medics heal all
  • Autocombat toggle
  • 360 sector coverage
  • C2 stances
  • Refresh function
  • Reset looking direction

EDIT: managed to accomplish these except 360sectors yesterday. Updates will be smaller from now on so I'll push this to the 'main branch' soon. I just said that because it sounds fancy lol. 

Note that Autocombat and looking dir reset are depending on your group selected units, so you would have to say "One, disable Autodanger" or "Squad, heads on a swivel" or whatever floats your boat :) You guys know more about that than I do. I currently have no way to make paypal payments so I can not really test voiceAttack myself unfortunately. Does it make sense to use VoiceAttack alongside Articulate, just using the free 20 trial voice commands from VA?

• Like 2

Hi MC,

Thanks so much - sounds fantastic - using Voice Attack as well (don't know how I could play SP without it) - started with Woofer's most excellent profile but now most of it has been customized for my own needs... The combo of C2 and VA makes it feel like you are almost commanding real troops...

Is the "autocombat" similar to the FWC AutoCombat Mod - meaning I could use C2 and delete the mod ? FWC seems to work pretty well at getting troops to disengage from combat when needed...

What exactly does the "refresh groups" do ?

I have read the manual and I didn't note any specifics...

If you could ever improve AI boat ops - that would be most welcome as well...

Appreciate all your efforts...

:thumb:

Regards,
Scott

i'm waiting for a new paypal to be working so i can buy VA. I want in on the fun.

I have never tried FWC, could not find it.. it's not FHQ , just to be sure? I do not know what exactly it does so I would not say toss it just because C2 has the option.

What happens in C2 is that the unit's autocombat is toggled, it also is told to let go of it's target (which i doubt is highly effective, that's why I made a note to inlude a loop with the new 'forgetAbout' command) and I think two or three other things. It's a small macro with all the stuff that I figured would help. 

The refresh function is the manual remedy to a lot of shit the mission designer throws at C2. I managed to overcome many of these issues over the years, but it's still useful. Some cases could be: The mission puts you in a new group or character and you notice that C2 is not reacting properly. Refreshing will make sure that you and your group are assigned with the same variables and data as you would if you start the mission. Another case could be that, because of rank or scripting, you are leading the group but you are Number7. I find this confusing, so I use refresh to establish a nice and clean order. Or (extreme example): You start with 100 units. units apart from you and units 10,20,40 get wiped out. Refreshing will create a nice new group structure with units 1,2,3,4 instead of 1,10,20,40. Hope that explains it!

Oh thanks for the boat reminder. Would it be sufficient to place these uner the 'car' category? This would facilitate the work a lot for me and Icould include it in the next patch.

Hi MC,

Yeah - FHQ - yes - sorry - you nailed it...

I followed Woofer's guidance in one of his videos - Careless - Hold Fire - FHQ Mod - etc etc etc - and they all seem to disengage and run with me if we have to move - no matter how bad the combat... It seems to work every time... All initiated by a single voice command...

Thanks for the info...

However you would see fit would be fine on boats - and appreciated... I've been messing with scripting them myself lately and all I'm trying to do is to get the AI to do a simple beach insertion on command - pull the bow up to the beach - disembark the shore party - then backup and leave the area - LOL - it's harder than it sounds - at least at my skill level...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

Now that I think of it, if FHQ has a keybind for ON and OFF each, it may be easier with VoiceActivation as C2 unifies the settings for units first, meaning that if you want ON and not all in your selection have it enabled, then you need to click my button twice at the moment. I'll change this to be leftClick for ON and rightClick for OFF, I'll also adjust the Voiceactivation keybind that I made yesterday.

Oh god, insertions :) It is kinda nuts what you have to do isn't it? I remember making the chopper stuff... The AI has these weird compulsive ticks. They are so strange, but since they are somewhat consistent you can cook up some shady framework that ends up looking like a well oiled machine. Welcome to the world of illusions! haha

• Like 1

@mc in the mean time, while you wait for your paypal thing to get sorted, as you might know, VA uses the windows voice recognition. If you have not used that for something else already, you can spend a couple of hours (2 should probably suffice) i reckon, to train that voice recognition a bit. VA is great, but only as good as windows catches what you say!

• Like 2

Hi MC,

One other thought of minor importance if interested in constructive feedback - while I like the icon on the interface wheel for "Enhanced Movement" (very cool icon) - - - when it displays with your traditional placement icons on the terrain itself - it just kind of stands out like a sore thumb every time I see it - it doesn't seem to fit - I'd suggest finding an icon more along the lines (color shape) with those you already use - merely a look and feel aesthetic suggestion - so very low on the importance scale - take it for what it's worth...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xon2 said:

@mc in the mean time, while you wait for your paypal thing to get sorted, as you might know, VA uses the windows voice recognition. If you have not used that for something else already, you can spend a couple of hours (2 should probably suffice) i reckon, to train that voice recognition a bit. VA is great, but only as good as windows catches what you say!

Indeed, in the beginning what I said miust have sounded like a Young Thug song to VA :) I did one bit of training with it and also started to speak more clear. I gotta say..., I just started using the 'hey siri' thing on my ihone and I had a bit of a similar hurdle to overcome being in a room alone talking to a machine. But god damn is it worth it. These guys are gonna have to listen to all of my crap!

"Team Red flank right! Btw guys my girl is trippin, the other day..."

Big up W00fman!

19 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi MC,

One other thought of minor importance if interested in constructive feedback - while I like the icon on the interface wheel for "Enhanced Movement" (very cool icon) - - - when it displays with your traditional placement icons on the terrain itself - it just kind of stands out like a sore thumb every time I see it - it doesn't seem to fit - I'd suggest finding an icon more along the lines (color shape) with those you already use - merely a look and feel aesthetic suggestion - so very low on the importance scale - take it for what it's worth...

Regards,

Scott

hahaha well you are right. I think the problem is actually that the EHM logo outshines all the other icons :D UI design is a good point, added to the list.

@reggaeman007jah recently contacted me with some great ideas regarding C2's home and presence online. I consider you guys in here a part of my team but I am happy to greet the reggaeman as the first member who volunteered to take charge of my shortcomings! This will help streamline the comms between user and development. I am excited and I'm not even tryna hide it!

• Like 2

Thanks MC, I am just trying to help out in a small way in C2's journey towards nirvana :slayer:

Still working out the details, but essentially will involve a discord channel for new feature requests, and a wiki for learnings..

• Like 4