i need time..... to have a go at your newest release!!! The trailer looks really promising and i can't wait to see whats now possible, especially in combo with woofer's Voice Attack profiles. Cheers mate!

I found a bug. You can embark units to the supression targets. Once inside, they wont get out and appear hidden.

Hi Folks,

This+is+madness.jpeg

NICE work Cheese !!!

:thumb:

Played around with the new release this weekend - pretty amazing stuff - probably only scratched the surface based on the vid posted previously...

Question - while testing - my AI squad had a long running battle that depleted most of my men and supplies... I happened to have a 1911 left in addition to my main weapon and the AI Rifleman had no ammo for his M1... We decided to make our last stand in a barn... I threw the 1911 on the ground with all the magazines - stepped back and instructed my AI to resupply via the HUD... The Weapon and Magazines appeared as two separate line items on the interface... During multiple attempts - I tried both line items - the AI moved to the pile - ran what looked like a resupply animation - yet never retrieved anything... Should this work or is picking stuff off the ground beyond the scope of this mod ??? Maybe they can only resupply ammo for weapons they already have ???

Thanks for all your hard work and time !!!

Regards,

Scott

This mod is absolutely fantastic, thanks for your hard work! I can finally replace WalkingWinds excellent but sadly no longer updated mod.

27 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

This+is+madness.jpeg

NICE work Cheese !!!

:thumb:

Played around with the new release this weekend - pretty amazing stuff - probably only scratched the surface based on the vid posted previously...

Question - while testing - my AI squad had a long running battle that depleted most of my men and supplies... I happened to have a 1911 left in addition to my main weapon and the AI Rifleman had no ammo for his M1... We decided to make our last stand in a barn... I threw the 1911 on the ground with all the magazines - stepped back and instructed my AI to resupply via the HUD... The Weapon and Magazines appeared as two separate line items on the interface... During multiple attempts - I tried both line items - the AI moved to the pile - ran what looked like a resupply animation - yet never retrieved anything... Should this work or is picking stuff off the ground beyond the scope of this mod ??? Maybe they can only resupply ammo for weapons they already have ???

Thanks for all your hard work and time !!!

Regards,

Scott

Its ammo only at the moment (Page 12 of the manual.) However I wholeheartedly encourage mad_cheese to expand this awesome feature to weapons / scopes etc.

36 minutes ago, Mack. said:

This mod is absolutely fantastic, thanks for your hard work! I can finally replace WalkingWinds excellent but sadly no longer updated mod.

Its ammo only at the moment (Page 12 of the manual.) However I wholeheartedly encourage mad_cheese to expand this awesome feature to weapons / scopes etc.

Hi...

Ahh - so the manual has been updated as well - this just keeps getting better and better - off to download manual...

:f:

It's funny though - with the previous version - I did a bunch of the "Resupply" button with Unsung - and one peculiar thing I noted - when the troops hit the AMMO/WEAPONS box - everyone walked away with a LAWS rocket launcher they didn't have before...

I'll do more testing - - - and reading...

Thanks as well...

Regards,
Scott

One more feature request: Can you make all teammates playable? (only when you're the squad leader)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

Ahh - so the manual has been updated as well - this just keeps getting better and better - off to download manual...

:f:

It's funny though - with the previous version - I did a bunch of the "Resupply" button with Unsung - and one peculiar thing I noted - when the troops hit the AMMO/WEAPONS box - everyone walked away with a LAWS rocket launcher they didn't have before...

I'll do more testing - - - and reading...

Thanks as well...

Regards,
Scott

I find it's the same with players. I tell my guys to rearm at a crate or vehicle or body and they all come away with rocket launchers and sniper rifles that they didn't have before!

I think my group might be bugged.

:P

• Like 1

By the way, is this the best place to post bug reports / feedback?

3 hours ago, [VW]Wrath said:

I find it's the same with players. I tell my guys to rearm at a crate or vehicle or body and they all come away with rocket launchers and sniper rifles that they didn't have before!

I think my group might be bugged.

:P

If you shoot the first one or two for insubordination - the rest should fall into line pretty quickly...

:sigh:

Regards,
Scott

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

If you shoot the first one or two for insubordination - the rest should fall into line pretty quickly...

:sigh:

Regards,
Scott

Just watch the addrating !!

• Like 1

On den 5 augusti 2017 at 11:13 PM, mad_cheese said:

It's done! Here is version 2.0 of C2 with just too many changes to dive into. I really hope this brings your AI command to the next level. Please check the changelog to get a sense of all the new goodies.

Totally awesome work and congrats to a demo in recent SITREP!

• Like 1

Unforunately those mods wont help you with team switch.  It is up to the mission maker to allow team switch. 

Found a bug: If I select take cover when I'm in a vehicle, my character disembarks! (tried the showcase mission "commanding" and fell from the chopper. Kinda funny though 'cause when that happens the guy says "where the hell am I ?!")

Maybe your mod treats players as AI too! (and maybe that's why missions are broken) Just a hunch.

Quick question @mad_cheese: do you know what it is with your mod that breaks the missions? Maybe you don't wanna fix it because it breaks your mod. If that's the case, can you make a "lite" version with certain features (the ones that break the missions) disabled?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kremator said:

Unforunately those mods wont help you with team switch.  It is up to the mission maker to allow team switch. 

They make certain AI "playable". That's all that matters.

Adv. AI Comm: You can play as another squad's leader.

Support call: All AI on your side will become playable.

Only a bit of modification to those mods (e.g find which AI are in your squad then make them playable) and it should do the trick.

@mad_cheese, another feature request:

Can you create an enhanced AI Action menu (Key 6) too? The vanilla action menu is too cluttered with "Take...." actions when you kill a lot of units! Can you create something similar to the vanilla version except with misc (anything other than take weapons) actions? (repair, rearm and refuel vehicles as well as assemble and disassemble mortar and darter and also reload specific rounds are pretty much what I need! :icon_biggrin:)

If you categorize the actions as well that'll be friggin' awesome!!!

• Like 1

Another thing @mad_cheese

Do you have access to earlier versions of your mod? (I don't mean ASM, just C2 versions 1.3.1 and above) Maybe if I test them I can narrow it down. (if you don't know what's the problem)

On 11/08/2017 at 5:59 PM, Leopard20 said:

Can you create an enhanced AI Action menu (Key 6) too? The vanilla action menu is too cluttered with "Take...." actions when you kill a lot of units!

That would require quite a bit of work I think (especially with icons) considering how many option there MAY be.  However saying that ... the first aid menu has quite a bt of detail, and is in list format.  Perhaps that COULD work.

On 7.8.2017 at 3:07 PM, bumgie said:

I found a bug. You can embark units to the supression targets. Once inside, they wont get out and appear hidden.

whoops that is not good. what suppression target exactly, the red suppression indicator? or some target you can board through the radial menu?

On 7.8.2017 at 6:20 PM, scottb613 said:

The Weapon and Magazines appeared as two separate line items on the interface... During multiple attempts - I tried both line items - the AI moved to the pile - ran what looked like a resupply animation - yet never retrieved anything... Should this work or is picking stuff off the ground beyond the scope of this mod ??? Maybe they can only resupply ammo for weapons they already have ???

I need to look into it before I can be sure what's happening, but at the moment there is some issues with weapons and mags on the ground. Each of those is it's own 'weapon holder' and the AI only gets ordered to rearm from one. I need to find a solution, until then I hope you can use a container such as a vehicle or body to transfer. Sorry, I know that's not ideal..  

The AI will indeed equip AT launchers when available, although I plan to restrict this to either AT units or a certain number of launchers within your group. I wonder which is the better option.

I hope that the unit taking the sniper rifle was out of ammo, in that case it would be intended that he takes a new weapon. But there's a lot to tweak still!

On 11.8.2017 at 6:28 PM, Leopard20 said:

Found a bug: If I select take cover when I'm in a vehicle, my character disembarks! (tried the showcase mission "commanding" and fell from the chopper. Kinda funny though 'cause when that happens the guy says "where the hell am I ?!")

Maybe your mod treats players as AI too! (and maybe that's why missions are broken) Just a hunch.

Quick question @mad_cheese: do you know what it is with your mod that breaks the missions? Maybe you don't wanna fix it because it breaks your mod. If that's the case, can you make a "lite" version with certain features (the ones that break the missions) disabled?

THx for the report although for me my non driving AI disembark and take cover around the vehicle. Not gonna lie, that's not intended but I will think about it before I (if I) change it. It's not really bad the way it is but yeah dismounting gunners are bad. My character stayed in the car tho, the player is not adressed by C2. There is a chance that another player under your command could be adressed by a scipting command but I tried to make sure that's not happening and had no reports yet.

The reasons for incompatibility can be anything really. There is a difference between thing a breaking thing b vs two things not working together. That's why I can not 'fix' anything. I can only pick something out of the bunch and make my work compatible with it. You can also dive into the scripts of missions and C2, identify a clear  issue, then report them. I am willing to include checks and actions for specific missions but I can not go and look for them.

On 11.8.2017 at 6:59 PM, Leopard20 said:

Can you create an enhanced AI Action menu (Key 6) too? The vanilla action menu is too cluttered with "Take...." actions when you kill a lot of units! Can you create something similar to the vanilla version except with misc (anything other than take weapons) actions? (repair, rearm and refuel vehicles as well as assemble and disassemble mortar and darter and also reload specific rounds are pretty much what I need! :icon_biggrin:)

If you categorize the actions as well that'll be friggin' awesome!!!

Of course I may keep building and adding to  AI actions . Making AI load specific mags is also on the 'cool things' list. In the meantime I hope that healing and rearming (althouh the latter is kinda 'beta' still) will be useful.

3 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Another thing @mad_cheese

Do you have access to earlier versions of your mod? (I don't mean ASM, just C2 versions 1.3.1 and above) Maybe if I test them I can narrow it down. (if you don't know what's the problem)

I do not know the exact problem you are talking about now. I also do not understand what older versions would do apart from not working 

As far as your request for Teamswitch goes, I agree with Kremator 100% that this should be mission based by default.

I'd like to recommend you use a debug addon such as FHQ Debug while you play, this will give you all the options you want (at least in SP) and you can collect your stuff and eventually bundle it into your own addon. I used to have something like that until my HD crashed a while ago, I can only recommend it.

Please do not take it the wrong way but it's unnecessary to PM me demanding to answer faster.  Also, I did take a step back from this whole thing a while ago and take it less serious. I thought I should mention that.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, mad_cheese said:

I do not know the exact problem you are talking about now. I also do not understand what older versions would do apart from not working 

I mean some missions not working correctly of course! And yes older versions may not be bug free but I believe they work to some extent (I have mods way older than yours -some from 2013!)

Maybe some of these issues occur because of the new features you've added. By testing the older versions I may be able to find a version without issues.

As far as your request for Teamswitch goes, I agree with Kremator 100% that this should be mission based by default.

I don't see it doing any harm if they're on your team (if they were on another team, maybe it could be considered cheating). Besides, what if the AI start acting crazy all of a sudden? (which they do a lot) Sometimes it would be useful to take control of your team and, for example, place them where you want them to be (for staging an ambush, setting up a sniper team, etc).

Your mod helps a lot but the AI are very unpredictable.

Also I don't mean activate team switch by default. Add an option to the settings menu (the gear icon in radial menu) so that it can be activated when it's needed (that way it doesn't mess with the mission creator's intent either)

Please do not take it the wrong way but it's unnecessary to PM me demanding to answer faster.

Sorry. Like I said before, I'm impatient! I apologize for any misunderstanding I may have caused.

One thing I forgot, can you remove the AI controls from the map? The controls interfere with some HC mods I've installed. The tablet alone does the job IMO.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

One thing I forgot, can you remove the AI controls from the map? The controls interfere with some HC mods I've installed. The tablet alone does the job IMO.

No, please don't remove the controls from the map.  It is possibly the MOST useful thing.  If anything the tablet is redundant.

Compatibility with other mods shouldn't be an author's primary concern - take ACE3 for an example how they deal with those requests :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kremator said:

No, please don't remove the controls from the map.  It is possibly the MOST useful thing.  If anything the tablet is redundant.

Compatibility with other mods shouldn't be an author's primary concern - take ACE3 for an example how they deal with those requests :)

I don't mean completely remove it - make it like the previous version so it's not activated by default (in the previous version you could bring up the controls by pressing C, but I never used it because I always use the tablet)

Also, I'm not sure if it's just happening for me, but the controls are not fully visible (a small portion of the bottom). Maybe it's because I've lowered my resolution from 1080p to 900p.

Having it come up automagically in map is just perfect (and obviously highlights the wonder of C2).  Can't you just press C then to remove it from map then use your HC mods ?