One thing I forgot, @mad_cheese, is that when I use your mod to issue orders, my character gets a weird "voice crack" !

I also have a feature request: Can you add an option to the radial menu for sling loading?

• Like 1

I'm a newbie to arma 3 and just came across this mod but it does not seem to work. I subscribed on steam and loaded the mod on the mods page of the launcher. I can't access the tablet or any of the other c2 commands. I have the cba_a3 mod installed and i can see both mod icons at the bottom left corner of the game start screen. Is there some other config required that the supplied manual does not specify. Any help on this would be greatly apprecated.

42 minutes ago, BillyDozer said:

I'm a newbie to arma 3 and just came across this mod but it does not seem to work. I subscribed on steam and loaded the mod on the mods page of the launcher. I can't access the tablet or any of the other c2 commands. I have the cba_a3 mod installed and i can see both mod icons at the bottom left corner of the game start screen. Is there some other config required that the supplied manual does not specify. Any help on this would be greatly apprecated.

First ensure that you have AI in your squad to command.  Then you have 2 options: Use the map (just use m) to command the AI - this is my preferred option; or use another method that I cannot remember at the moment (but I remember it IS good for on-the-fly positioning of your AI).  You'll have to read the manual for that :)

On 31/07/2017 at 11:37 AM, Leopard20 said:

One thing I forgot, @mad_cheese, is that when I use your mod to issue orders, my character gets a weird "voice crack" !

I also have a feature request: Can you add an option to the radial menu for sling loading?

I've encountered this as well but my guy tends to issue orders in stealth mode !

Agree with the sling loading vial radial.

It's done! Here is version 2.0 of C2 with just too many changes to dive into. I really hope this brings your AI command to the next level. Please check the changelog to get a sense of all the new goodies.

D O W N L O A D:
S T E A M
M E D I A F I R E

REQUIREMENTS:
CBA_A3

CHANGELOG 2.0:

Spoiler

• ADDED: MAP-PLANNING.
    • Planning Mode capabilities added to main map-display (Toggle overlay with "C"-Key)
    • New overlay is a more compact and powerful version of Planning Mode
    • Planning Mode now has the same Unit Selectors as the radial menu (displaying teamColor and name)
    • buttons also have same SHIFT- and CTRL functionality for faster selections
  • ADDED: SUPPRESSION ZONE SYSTEM
    • Suppression is now treated and displayed as a polygon which can handle large areas
    • Suppression Zone is displayed on map, similar to VBS Tactics.
    • Polygons/Zones assigned by planning mode can be resized
      • Hold CTRL, click on main zone-marker, then drag mouse.(WIP but working).
  • ADDED: DRAW SUPPRESSION ZONE:
    • New temporary HUD-display with VBS-style Suppression Zone Selection (default: SHIFT + T)
    • Drag LMB over Screen to create zone
    • Old Suppression (target object) can still be used and creates a 5-10m suppression area. Use this to suppress 'snapped positions' such as windows for example.
  • ADDED: C2-HC: WAYPOINT ACTIONS.
    • Available so far: Suppression, Ambush, Landing, Combat-Landing (heli only). Coming Soon: Defend, Plant, Throw
    • Right click on HC-waypoint and select options for the waypoint and the waypoint action
    • waypoint action is a script plus an inserted waypoint that waits for the action/condition to be fulfilledConditions to complete Actions: Timeout, GoCodes, DayTime (within 30min for ambushes etc)
  • ADDED: New Right Click Context menu for HC waypoints to configure conditions/formations for waypoints and their actions
  • ADDED: Smart-Pages added to planning mode
    • no more need to switch between Ground and AIR pages, C2 does it for you as you select units
    • Non suitable- / cargo units are still greyed out
    • Teamcolor Buttons will choose page according to roles of units (more AIR units than ground will select AIR-page)
      • Purple/All will select all units according to role/page 
      • When current page is HC-page, page will switch according to class
    • HC-groups can be quick selected with rightClick on groupIcon
      • with BIS-HC, select with leftClick
  • ADDED: C2-PlugIn for AIC/Advanced AI COMMAND (by DUDA123)
    • waypoints can issued through main map-planning overlay's HC page
    • HC-quick-select compatible (right click on AIC group icon)
    • HC-WP-Menu compatible (right click on AIC wp-icon)
    • HC-WP-Actions-compatible
    • C2-Overlay is hidden while AIC-commandingMenu is open to preserve MMB functionality
  • ADDED: Classic WP-SYNC reintroduced. Works just like loops, CTRL + MouseDrag
    • LOOP is selected over SYNC if waypoints belong to the same unit 
  • ADDED: Assign/Unassign NVGoggles added to radial menu
    • (Items >> IR_LASER >> Assign NVG: Shift + lClick || Unassign NVG: Shift + rClick)
  • ADDED: Keybind-Alternative to send units to HUD-indicator positions (binds customizable)
    • Regular: Spacebar
    • FWD Peel: Ctrl + Spacebar
    • BWD Peel: Alt + Spacebar
  • ADDED: New, unified markers
  • TWEAKED: WP-Markers now snap to closest building position when dragged over enterable building
  • TWEAKED: markers for WP-HUBS can now be dragged individually
  • TWEAKED: Hud-Indicators now snap to buildingpos according to:
    • distance to aimpos
    • closest floor-level to aimpos
  • TWEAKED: Position snapping for wp-Hubs (Planning Mode)
    • aims to assist quick orders and tackle the problem with oversized building-mapMarkers
    • units will be spread across line, but will look for objects to snap to/ take cover at
      • leading unit's waypoint will currently not be affected
      • snapping-objects must have armor-value higher tham 100
    • disabled for "SPLIT" and "CIRCLE" formations
    • function is WIP and may be turned into it's own formation
  • TWEAKED: Buildingpos Viewer overhauled. Doors now get displayed with correct direction
  • TWEAKED: Timeout Value no longer gets reset when closing map/overlay
  • TWEAKED: Spacing Values for ground and air wp's no longer get reset when closing map/overlay
  • TWEAKED: Planning Tablet discontinued for now. Keeping it around for future usage with drones. Also as backup in case a mission removes the map's DRAW-handlers. Some new functionality may be missing in tablet.
  • TWEAKED: FIND COVER function drastically improved. Units also only change position if they have to if they have to.
    • selected units distribute suitable array of cover positions
    • hard cover is preferred, but if only concealment is found it will be selected
    • script checks for soft and hard cover in increments of 15m
  • TWEAKED: HUD-indicator snapping improved
  • TWEAKED: Planning mode: wp combatmode
    • Red icon: default/engage
    • Blue icon: disengage/at all cost
      • unit will follow the waypoint regardless of personal safety
  • TWEAKED: MapDrawing Setup was entirely re-written in a better format, fixing countless potential errors and opening up massive possibilities for the future
  • TWEAKED: UnitMarkers are now displayed in the unit's assigned TeamColor for better overview and to encourage usage of teamcolors
  • TWEAKED: C2 suppression system removed, instead the new BIS-suppression is put into a powerful framework.
    • Using custom invisible targets instead of BIS-targets allows for targeting elevated positions (windows, balconies etc)
  • TWEAKED: Suppression Targeting improved
  • TWEAKED: Highest Heli Altitude is now 500m because the AI can not handle anything above in most cases
  • TWEAKED: Additional voice-commands removed since they most likely do not match the right voice or even language.
  • TWEAKED: REFRESH Function now also restores keybinds that were deleted by mission-designer.
  • TWEAKED: HC-groups still keep their name, but their button gets a tag (RS: Reserve / disbanded groups. HC: HighCommand)
  • TWEAKED: All planning pages can be accesed by key (1-3)
  • TWEAKED: 'RESET HUD' option added to general preferences (resets HUD-Form to Line and HUD-DIR to PLAYER-DIR)
  • TWEAKED: MouseWheel inverted for scrolling HUD-FORM
  • TWEAKED: Advanced Rappelling Waypoints improved
  • FIXED: Enhanced Movement Support is overhauled but can look glitchy. This is all on my end, not EHM.
  • FIXED: Dragging Suppression Indicator was bugged when aiming-position was higher than getPosASL player
  • FIXED: Setting individual combatmodes (Fire on my lead) was also changing the unit's Formation-Index.
  • FIXED: "regular" HighCommand Groups could not be joined to the player/commander's squad.
  • FIXED: Vehicle boarding through radial menu was blocked by dead crew-units
  • FIXED: Player can no longer order units to board enemy vehicles (which would not work and end up with killed units)
  • FIXED: MouseWheel EVH's now only fire while HUD-Mode is used
  • FIXED: Switching PlanningMode-Pages no longer clashes with entering numbers with "1" or "2" in the Spacing- and Timeout-Box
  • FIXED: Error when unit reached last waypoint while player was extending the session
  • FIXED: SPLIT-FORMATION in planning mode would clash with TeamColor Selection

• Like 15

Nice job with the new features. But it would be better if you fixed what actually mattered, like the issues I mentioned (breaking missions, not being able to select the 1st unit,...).

• Like 1

Absolutely amazing, i am having so much fun trying everything out!

• Like 1

you

make

my

day

Spoiler

TAC-OPS DLC from mad_cheese:f:

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic, I was sure you would have changed the way to play in ARMA 3 and I was not wrong! Thank you for your hard work :eyeheart:

• Like 1

Can't download from Mediafire, can somebody please put some other mirror. Please please pleaaase:dontgetit:

1 hour ago, boss00521 said:

Can't download from Mediafire, can somebody please put some other mirror. Please please pleaaase:dontgetit:

I'm sure it will be updated on Armaholic soon.

• Like 1

Wow, Mad Cheese, your accomplishments in this area are unreal - and really like the modular approach you have to integrate with other mods like duda123's. So cool!

• Like 1

great job man! i can't tell you how happy it makes me that you picked up EM in this way. really motivating and inspiring to see. you are a busy man with all these other features coming at the same time too.

much respect!

quick question about the music in the video (nice video btw). it sounds liek another variation on the arma them but i'm getting heavy rainbow six vibes from it too. something from in the game files?

• Like 1

Thank you for your hard work. I have been waiting and hopping for this to come out.

• Like 1

Been playing around with it exclusively for hours today .... so impressive mate!  Well done.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2016 at 2:43 PM, u-104 said:

1 when using the tablet to place waypoints after a short time of walking the waypoints will disappear from the tablet and the ai will sprint from point to point regardless of what the speed order was,

2 when used with ACE ordering an ai to throw a grenade from HUD mode will break some ACE features such as advanced throwing.

Hey just wanted to update you on this, the C2 grenade/ACE bug is fixed, l love that feature.

The walking waypoint bug seems to still be happening, i made a sort video if it helps, once again no mods but CBA and C2.

BTW love the map integration, very streamlined.

• Like 1

Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate the nice feedback, I'm really happy that the stuff is useful! I gotta sleep but here's a few things:

14 hours ago, boss00521 said:

here u go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m84je4qcc21ms6/%40C2_2_0.rar?dl=0

8 hours ago, bad benson said:

great job man! i can't tell you how happy it makes me that you picked up EM in this way. really motivating and inspiring to see. you are a busy man with all these other features coming at the same time too.

much respect!

quick question about the music in the video (nice video btw). it sounds liek another variation on the arma them but i'm getting heavy rainbow six vibes from it too. something from in the game files?

Ha, that makes me happy! Enhanced movement is such a beautiful gamechanger and seing the two addons work together is just rewarding!!

The music: It's the first two songs from the JETS DLC soundtrack, I blended and edited them because they were to short :) 

By the way it does have a bit of a rainbox six touch, also reminds me of the some of the dak knight stuff.

5 hours ago, u-104 said:

Hey just wanted to update you on this, the C2 grenade/ACE bug is fixed, l love that feature.

The walking waypoint bug seems to still be happening, i made a sort video if it helps, once again no mods but CBA and C2.

BTW love the map integration, very streamlined.

Oh wow, that's odd. It looks like the units receive some kind of command which then causes the orders to be cancelled because the addon assumes the unit now has a new, dynamic destination. I wonder why they all start running at the same time..

May I ask the mandatory question, are you using any other addons?

Damn you said you did not, sorry. I will have to investigate. So far I have only experienced similar things in missions where units within your command will receive movement orders (healing or rearming etc) causing the orders to break. But you are in the editor in VR, lol, probably not much going on at all.

On 6.8.2017 at 2:40 AM, Leopard20 said:

Nice job with the new features. But it would be better if you fixed what actually mattered, like the issues I mentioned (breaking missions, not being able to select the 1st unit,...).

On 31.7.2017 at 0:37 PM, Leopard20 said:

Can you add an option to the radial menu for sling loading? 

Tee hee :)

The addon may not work with every mission, as advertized. It's just compatibility issues due to mission design. The select first unit thing: Please refresh your squad I think that may fix your problem. 

On 28.7.2017 at 2:08 PM, Leopard20 said:

By the way @mad_cheese, it would be nice if you could fix these issues as well:

1. In dynamic missions, you can't use the support features or most custom supports for that matter (I don't know why though. Maybe your mod overwrites certain things. My hunch is that it forces them to move toward a task or stick with the squad or something like that). The respawn system (in those missions, not APEX's one) doesn't function either. Examples:

I have actually included a check for this very specific mission because you asked. :) There was some problems between the mission and C2, there might be more but it seem to work most of the time. Reloaded savegames were a bit tricky still. You will find out about all this once you actually give it a shot! It's a great mission by the way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mad_cheese said:
On 8/6/2017 at 5:10 AM, Leopard20 said:

On 7/31/2017 at 3:07 PM, Leopard20 said:

Can you add an option to the radial menu for sling loading? 

Tee hee :)

The addon may not work with every mission, as advertized. It's just compatibility issues due to mission design. The select first unit thing: Please refresh your squad I think that may fix your problem. 

On 7/28/2017 at 4:38 PM, Leopard20 said:

By the way @mad_cheese, it would be nice if you could fix these issues as well:

1. In dynamic missions, you can't use the support features or most custom supports for that matter (I don't know why though. Maybe your mod overwrites certain things. My hunch is that it forces them to move toward a task or stick with the squad or something like that). The respawn system (in those missions, not APEX's one) doesn't function either. Examples:

I have actually included a check for this very specific mission because you asked. :) There was some problems between the mission and C2, there might be more but it seem to work most of the time. Reloaded savegames were a bit tricky still. You will find out about all this once you actually give it a shot! It's a great mission by the way. 

Oh. Sorry. I didn't test it much (I only tested the other mission I told you about, Advanced fierce combat). Gonna test more and report back.

That sling loading feature would be super nice though (for example I have a mission where you can sling load assets from the base. it would be nice if the AI could do it for me and save me the trouble!). You can do it in the vanilla version but you actually need to point at the cargo and then select lift cargo for it to work. (you can't do it remotely) 

BTW, I think the issues with those missions is because you use some scripts from "GetTactical Interface", right? 'Cause I've heard that mod causes issues with some missions as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mad_cheese said:

I wonder why they all start running at the same time.

That's just random, sometimes they break one or two at a time and sometimes all at once.

Did more testing and it seems aircraft and vehicles set to slow work fine, the bug only happens with infantry.

I need to test a little more, but I was finding that when I had a group inside a vehicle I couldn't select the driver in planning mode (veh name wans't highlighted).  Not sure if it was mission related or not.  ONLY way I could select him was if I put him on a different colour team then use the coloured bar selectors.