Some way to tag a Ai and then move to take all down at the same time ,would be a useful feature .

I wouldn't mind like a Brothers In arms  type of command order ring,it was always very fluid and fast. Select team, point at the wall have the MG team set up on the wall or window etc. But i imagine that would be an absolute headache to script and what not. 

Also thank you so much for this mod Mad Cheese, arma wouldn't be the same without. Has changed the game immensely for me. 

Has anyone experienced short cut key bugs with this? I haven't attempted using this with Vanilla arma yet, but when running RHS mods I have noticed that the short cuts to his select my teams doesn't always work, nor does suppressive fire. Also it seems like the color groups will reset to all white out of random. I've tried rebinding the short cuts with no improvement and even removing potentially conflicting vanilla squad control shortcuts. I'm trying to use this on Liberation since the flexibility it gives is amazing, but the issues I'm having with command recognition is immersion breaking and just makes the AI more cumbersome. I want to love this, but it definitely doesn't work for me like it does in all of the YouTube videos I've seen.

I noticed that C2 blocks the scroll wheel and the num-pad numbers when a quick formation is selected. You can neither access an action menu (for example on a crate or a vehicle) nor use the num-pad to change radio channels on a TFAR radio. As soon as you give your squad the "go" they will execute the order and scroll wheel and num-pad work again as expected. But if you cancel the command the scroll wheel and the num-pad numbers stay useless. Is this a bug or expected behaviour?

I talked about this with Woofer who was kind enough to make a video which illustrates this issue. There's no voice-over but a written description below the video at Youtube.

(Edit: I use the 64 bit version of the game and for the test no add-ons except CBA and C2 were active. Both CBA and C2 were installed from the Steam Workshop and launched with the official game launcher.)

• Like 1

Great MOD.  I am using Enhanced Movement with C2 and have a question on how do you make your units climb obstacles?

2 hours ago, Meatball0311 said:

Great MOD.  I am using Enhanced Movement with C2 and have a question on how do you make your units climb obstacles?

Check his video here:

1 hour ago, woofer808 said:

Check his video here:

Thanks, but I already checked this one out several times.  What I am doing is setting a little barrier wall on the VR map.  I am selecting unit (using voice command "Unit Two").  Then, I use the HUD to send the unit next to wall and I set a EM formation.  Then I hold ctrl and press the RMB.

The unit goes to the wall and just says "standing by" and does not climb the wall.

The only problem I see is that the direction the unit is facing is away from the wall, but I cannot set a EM formation that is looking at the wall.

Tried this out last night and it looks amazing. However, I couldn't seem to turn off some sort of positioning on my HUD so I couldn't even shoot. I checked the manual and didn't see how to turn off and on the HUD MODE. What did I miss in my reading =)

1 hour ago, sowens said:

Tried this out last night and it looks amazing. However, I couldn't seem to turn off some sort of positioning on my HUD so I couldn't even shoot. I checked the manual and didn't see how to turn off and on the HUD MODE. What did I miss in my reading =)

Did you try clicking RMB?

No but I will. Tried it again a bit ago and still couldn't shoot, reload, etc. However, I didn't have the AI placement on my HUD either. Like what I see so far just trying to figure it out.

I am still having issues with getting units to climb over obstacles.  I did notice that an error pops up and it seems to be the Enhanced Movement mod by Bad Benson.  Are there others having the same problem?  Does anyone else get an error when trying to send units over walls?

@Mad Cheese

would it be possible to add an option to made AI select tracer mag. That could permit very fun ambiance night mission. Many thanks for your great mod, it's a pillar for my AI squad

HI Mad Cheese,

it's a must have you done there, i've been particularly impressed byt the "clear building" feature, it's very fun to support your AI clearing room by room.

playing with c2 since months and i can't imagine anything without this.

But i come to the forum because i give up with a point after month of investigations :) .let me explain.

It concerns the two functions of ROE, Fire On Target   and  FIre on My Lead.

It seems both can be combined, that would mean everyone shoot on designated target at the moment you are shooting too. A perfect feature for our beloved stealth mission.

Yeah but i never manage to reproduce it twice in a mission... sometimes it works only once, sometimes it never work... AI get free to fire bu't don't fire on designated target (at least they don't fire at will, that would mean the command "FIre on target still remain somewhere, or the "fire on my lead overwritten evry target designated, i dunno).

I hope you understood my english and the issue here, and would be grateful if you could bring some ligths to these behaviour.

I don't think mad cheese is working on this anymore. So can someone add the healing option for vanilla healing system to the medical menu?

How the hell do you know ?  He was last online on Monday.  Can't the chap have a holiday ?

and NO, you aren't allowed to just take over a mod!  Read the rules of these forums.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:37 AM, kremator said:

How the hell do you know ?  He was last online on Monday.  Can't the chap have a holiday ?

and NO, you aren't allowed to just take over a mod!  Read the rules of these forums.

First of all, watch your tongue. If you brag all about knowing the forum rules, you should know better than talking like that.

Second of all I said he's not working on it because I haven't seen him leaving a reply to comments or updating his mod in a while.

Third of all I didn't mean take over. I said since he's not working on it (or since I THOUGHT he's not working on it) someone else should fix it. 

Anyway, I found out that the issue I was facing was because I had ACE, but not its medical system (which C2 took to believe I had, so it looked for morphine and bandages in units' inventory). The fix was very simple. All I had to do was edit the script MCSS_C2_INIT_VALUES.sqf in CCOREM.pbo and edit this line:

MCSS_C2_IsAce3 = if (isClass(configFile/"CfgPatches"/"ace_main")) then {true} else {false}; //-- detect if ACE3 is running

and change it to:

MCSS_C2_IsAce3 = false; //-- detect if ACE3 is running

This is a temporary fix of course (what if somebody has ACE medical?) and renders the .bisign file useless. Hopefully Mad Cheese will update and fix his addon soon.

@mad_cheese, sorry if I had to make the changes myself, I'm kinda impatient!

• Like 1

On 29.4.2017 at 4:50 PM, Meatball0311 said:

I am still having issues with getting units to climb over obstacles.  I did notice that an error pops up and it seems to be the Enhanced Movement mod by Bad Benson.  Are there others having the same problem?  Does anyone else get an error when trying to send units over walls?

please stand by for the next update. i've been trying to change some stuff so it's easier to use for mad cheese. should all be working better after the next C2 update i think.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

First of all, watch your tongue. If you brag all about knowing the forum rules, you should know better than talking like that.

@Leopard20watch your language, flame-baiting is not tolerated on these forums.

Second of all I said he's not working on it because I haven't seen him leaving a reply to comments or updating his mod in a while.

Just because an author hasn't replied, or posted an update does not mean that he is not working on it. Did you consider they maybe busy with real life, it would have been better to have sent a PM to ask.

Third of all I didn't mean take over. I said since he's not working on it (or since I THOUGHT he's not working on it) someone else should fix it. 

Anyway, I found out that the issue I was facing was because I had ACE, but not its medical system (which C2 took to believe I had, so it looked for morphine and bandages in units' inventory). The fix was very simple. All I had to do was edit the script MCSS_C2_INIT_VALUES.sqf in CCOREM.pbo and edit this line:

MCSS_C2_IsAce3 = if (isClass(configFile/"CfgPatches"/"ace_main")) then {true} else {false}; //-- detect if ACE3 is running

and change it to:

MCSS_C2_IsAce3 = false; //-- detect if ACE3 is running

This is a temporary fix of course (what if somebody has ACE medical?) and renders the .bisign file useless. Hopefully Mad Cheese will update and fix his addon soon.

@Mad Cheese, sorry if I had to make the changes myself, I'm kinda impatient!

@kremator is actually correct regarding the forum rules, as trying to take over a mod is not allowed. As per the following forum rule: 

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

• Like 2

On 7/21/2017 at 3:16 AM, R0adki11 said:

@Leopard20watch your language, flame-baiting is not tolerated on these forums.

I wasn't flamebaiting. I simply warned him about his langauge. Isn't it what you just did here after all? If I'm flamebaiting, so are you. Besides, if you think what I wrote was bad, take a look at his "how the hell do you know".

Just because an author hasn't replied, or posted an update does not mean that he is not working on it. Did you consider they maybe busy with real life, it would have been better to have sent a PM to ask.

I admitted that this one was my mistake ("I THOUGHT...."). So why rub your nose in it?

@kremator is actually correct regarding the forum rules, as trying to take over a mod is not allowed. As per the following forum rule: 

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s

I simply pointed out a mistake in the script so Mad Cheese can fix it. And yes maybe saying how I fixed it wasn't in full compliance with the forum rules. But since my editing was for "personal use", I don't see it breaking the rules in any way.

So next time you want to reply to someone, read what they have written thoroughly and be impartial. Don't just back up your buddies. 

• Like 2

oh wow what happened in this house!

i'm actually completing the update right now. I added the change to check for ace_medical instead of ace_main as well. 

I salute my buddies tho!

• Like 4

Good to see an update on the way MC.  Have you had a look at Psychobastards AIS and see how it would also function side by side with C2?

• Like 2

By the way @mad_cheese, it would be nice if you could fix these issues as well:

1. In dynamic missions, you can't use the support features or most custom supports for that matter (I don't know why though. Maybe your mod overwrites certain things. My hunch is that it forces them to move toward a task or stick with the squad or something like that). The respawn system (in those missions, not APEX's one) doesn't function either. Examples:

2. You can't select the first unit in hud mode (you haven't implemented it). Remember that, just because you're the squad leader doesn't mean you're the first unit. For example, if you use ACE to make yourself the squad leader, you're no longer the first unit (try the first Showcase mission, Infantry. you'll see)

Can't wait for the new update!

Thread cleaned-up. Hopefully we can get back to the topic in hand.

• Like 2