my humble opinion on the tablet question: scratch the tablet and replace it with a map extension (if that's even possible). But that´s probably because I almost never use it. Besides that I´m in love with what you've created!! 

Yes! Just add to the map controls (as long as it doesnt interfere with popular mods like ACE).

That way, we dont need to bind an extra button and open up another extra screen. 

• Like 1

Do I smell an Advanced AI Command collab?  :o

I am very interested to make them live in harmony yes - honestly that's the primary reason why I changed some of the markers to big dots, so that eventually there will be some uniformity in the UI. AIC is also who you have to thank for the final push against the tablet, since not everything is displayed within my tablet and that completely defeats the purpose of using both mods together.. 

• Like 2

Hey i like your tablet, It's good for keeping some situational awareness. :)

I do like the map idea though, I still vote for both.

• Like 1

i was thinking maybe make the tablet an item and use a more generic UI, if it's not present or something. or maybe jsut a button to changeh te appearance. all of it seems like clunky solutions though and you are probably right going with something that just works for all scenarios out of the box.

• Like 1

I am LOVING the ability to get AI to vault a wall .... man, this just keeps getting better and better.

• Like 1

My 2 cents: I really like the way duda123 did his Advanced Commanding interface, by using the map as interface through some simple menus and mouse actions. So simple, intuitive, lightweight and unobtrusive. He is a true master. Unless it can not be done on the map window, I would vote for moving C2 onto the map.

-OP

• Like 1

More random suggestions:

1. I would get rid of the voice when giving commands like "Fire at my lead" or "Regroup" or changing stances. Reason being is that it doesnt match the characters voice that you have set. And its just extra fluff thats not really needed.

2. Not sure if this would work but maybe instead of havint "T" as suppresive fire, have it as "attack my target"? I think it would be more useful. Like say a vehicle comes up and you want your guys to focus on it. Instead of going through the targeting menu, just look at it and press "T". 

yeah I'll remove those voices. it's a bit of a shame that certain commands are not spoken out but there's nothing that can be one about it.

As for the t-key, you are free to rebind that any way you like :) although I do not have a "attack this target" action in C2.

Yeah I meant  maybe add that function to your mod instead of the suppresive fire.  

The T keybind is perfectly fine (and obviously I can rebind). 

Man I find myself checking this thread daily. Just such a great mod

hey man i realize i sort of brushed that off by accident, I was halfway through the door :) Actually it's not a bad idea at all. I am about to include a few things as "blank" keybinds (mainly to be used with voice activation) and actually that's an uber easy thing to include. Makes sense to have it, I personally don't mind the action menu for this function but there's no real reason to not at least offer a key bind. 

• Like 3

BUILD 1486

D O W N L O A D:

S T E A M :
Steam_zpsin23iios.png

M E D I A F I R E :
mediafire100.png

REQUIREMENTS:
CBA_A3

CHANGELOG 1486:
  • ADDED: Addon Support for "Advanced Rappelling" by Duda123
    • When this addon is active, the Rapelling-LZ will be added to the selections in planning mode.
    • ROOFTOP RAPELLING: If Rapelling-LZ is placed on a building, a special "unitCapture"-like function guides the chopper to the exact position.
  • ADDED: Addon Support for "Enhanced Movement" by Bad Benson.
    • If addon is active, EH-Formation type is added to HUD-mode.
    • The units will run to the position, face the object and climb on or over it.
  • ADDED: Tablet visualization improved:formation subordinates now get a small wp marker each. Adds clarity and looks nicer.
  • FIXED: Civilians could wrongly be filtered as enemy and would get shot clearing a building when independent factions are hostile to player
  • FIXED: Planes can no longer be stored in occupied hangars
  • FIXED: Planes taking off after being landed and stored in hangar will be moved to the correct taxi position and direction.
  • FIXED: Script-Error when landing plane (script trying to wrongly reduce speed)
  • FIXED: Wrong animations were used for silencer attach/detach

Huge thanks to Bad Benson and Duda123 for their amazing work!

Enhanced Movement: http://bit.ly/2eoe3j0
Advanced Rappelling: http://bit.ly/2eJLA2m

• Like 7

So now lets learn Ai buddies ....
5e37fb01ad0f419c043b22d858c6a79f.jpg

PS . Bohemia should done this year ago..... or just help you to get it working better, you are fixing their game for free.

• Like 2

as always brilliant work.

it would be cool to have  CAS  "waypoint " for aircrafts and

optional air strike mode with FIR aws  support.

Something like virtual atrillery

(You choose and mark area >then for example  in 1000m height spawns GBU- 53 SDB from fir mod and fall at marked area)

• Like 3

I just saw your video, I state that I know nothing of codes or other but I think the reason why the plane did not take off right away is because there is a specific point on the runway to start the take-off and probably when he teleports on the runway is too far from the ideal point. I hope I have helped you..

Ps Mod exceptional has dramatically changed for the better ARMA 3

Thank you

• Like 1

Is it feasible to get rid of the vanilla arma 3 AI menu completely? (The one you get when you press the ~ key)

Or would you lose out on some critical functions?

Cleaning up the interface would be nice (especially since your system is much better than the vanilla one). 

Is it feasible to get rid of the vanilla arma 3 AI menu completely? (The one you get when you press the ~ key)

Cleaning up the interface would be nice (especially since your system is much better than the vanilla one). 

+1 to idea, totally override Map and AI menu by C2 features. But its possible via controls settings.

• Like 1

This reminds me of Full Spectrum Warrior!

Outstanding,thanks for this!!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!! Very happy to hear :)

That's up to you - I just want to offer an additional approach to controls, if you end up finding the default controls redundant you can totally disable the respective keybinds. I personally went in this direction until W00fer revived my interest for VoiceActivation. The default Arma controls that many seem to dread is actually perfect for that since it does not matter what kind of ninja-grabs a command would usually demand. That's why I like to keep em around, I am pro choice lol.

You could get rid of unit selection keybinds if you want, planning mode and radial interact with A3's default commandingMenu - that means you can select units in those menus and still use 1-0 keys and the mousewheel to control the default functions - personally I like to keep those around even if I really only use formation modifications ("advance, stay back, flank left/right) and individual combatmodes. I do not know how to access these commands by script.

I think the reason why the plane did not take off right away is because there is a specific point on the runway to start the take-off

That's exactly why. The way it is now, it sort of select the 'wrong' data from the config, but it's a lot of unknown territory for me - Airfields have very weird ways to deal with directions and positions of airfields. Right now it's not the best position but I have it working for every airfield, I'll figure it out!

This reminds me of Full Spectrum Warrior!
Outstanding,thanks for this!!!

Thank you! FSW and GhostRecon are the main inspirations for this bebe.

By the way -  I did not know that James Hetfield is from NRW ;)

Also, I need help again:

I'm trying to find a way to move planning mode to the map. It's problematic - I can create a display on top of the map 

with uiNameSpace do {
       MCSS_C2_MAP = (finddisplay 12) createDisplay "MCSS_C2_MAPDIALOG";
};    

It appears fine and all, it works, but it will be "Active" at all times, meaning that you have to close it before you can move the map around. A big problem of course. I also tried using rscTitles instead of displays, that ends up with nice looking controls that I can not use.. I thought I was being slick because the map displays a cursor at all times, but nah.  Edit: adding to(finddisplay 46) works

Anyways, it seems that creating a display is the best bet, but I need to be able to decide what control is in the "front". I thought this would be a basic thing to fix but I can't find info on it. the command ctrlSetFocus does not seem to be what I need even though it sounded so sweet and right. Any ideas are welcome, otherwise I'll have to ask the oracle. (His name is Larrow lol).

EDIT:

I did some more experiments. First I was hoping to make  this whole thing available through a diaryRecord. That was in theory a sexy idea but it's not feasible since a mapclick seems to always close the diary.. So I was/am still facing the problem of my controls disabling the ability to move the map... So what do you think of a key, that opens the planning display and closes it once you let go? That could be a workaround, you adjust your settings and otherwise just click away for waypoints... One could argue this also 'cleans up the UI' lol

• Like 2

Keeps getting better and better - one bug is if you give your squad an EM command and they cant or wont scale the building - they get frozen at that waypoint with a "Ready". No further move commands will work on them, they are zombies

please help!!!!

this is definitely an amazing mod. that's what I've been looking for 3-4 years

but 

I can't see this pansonic tablet fully even if I have advanced rappelling addon, I can't see this either 

and in HUD mode ctrl+F1 sometimes selects AI and sometimes doesn't :(

that's what I see after pressing shft+tab

me4ii.jpg