I think you can already do this my holding down one of the modifier keys (SHIFT or CTRL) and scrolling the mouse wheel. I can't remember which one.

I tried, but it seems like shift just changes their formation or something and control changes spacing (which is a very useful feature). There is nothing that i can see that just rotates them. 

I would do this personally

Make the shift key the "rotation" key. 

shift+mousewheel scroll down=left rotate

shfit+mousewheel scroll up=right rotate

They would keep whatever formation they are currently set in. So if you have them in file, they would hold a file formation, line would hold a line formation etc. 

This would make it really easy to set them up in a defensive position quickly.

Of course that would need the 360 degree formation coverage to be reassigned somewhere since that is currently selected by holding shift...

I tried, but it seems like shift just changes their formation or something and control changes spacing (which is a very useful feature). There is nothing that i can see that just rotates them. 

I would do this personally

Make the shift key the "rotation" key. 

shift+mousewheel scroll down=left rotate

shfit+mousewheel scroll up=right rotate

They would keep whatever formation they are currently set in. So if you have them in file, they would hold a file formation, line would hold a line formation etc. 

This would make it really easy to set them up in a defensive position quickly.

Of course that would need the 360 degree formation coverage to be reassigned somewhere since that is currently selected by holding shift...

Actually, it may just be mouse wheel without a modifier key. You can definitely change which way they're looking.

• Like 1

Actually, it may just be mouse wheel without a modifier key. You can definitely change which way they're looking.

wow im an idiot. I didnt think to try it without a modifier.

I have no further suggestions for this mod lol. 

Edit: actually, it would be nice if you can tell AI to fire a rocket at a target like you can have them currently throw grenades. Say if you have an enemy holed up in a building and you want them to put a rocket through the window. Would be a cool feature. 

• Like 1

wow im an idiot. I didnt think to try it without a modifier.

Edit: actually, it would be nice if you can tell AI to fire a rocket at a target like you can have them currently throw grenades. Say if you have an enemy holed up in a building and you want them to put a rocket through the window. Would be a cool feature.

Ha! tbh the reason I didn't get back yesterday is that I was trying to wrap my head around what you meant.. I thought.. "nah he doesn't mean rotating the formation, he must mean the looking dir" :D But I'm glad that you have everything you need since I like the little automatic spread.

The rocket thing: honestly it's been my wish since a while, but I only played around with it one time and it was a bit 'hacky' so I'll need some time. Basically it will eventually work just like the remote-grenadelauncher, except that I want it to be able to pick up a moving target so that your unit can also fire at a vehicle.

Thanks Foxhound for the mirror!

I know it's all over the place with weird release-numbers etc, but I kinda already have another update in the pipeline. I did the adjustment to my nearEntities script that made your units shoot civilians in cleared buildings, I made some visual improvements (little white markers for tablet-formation-subordinates for better overview) and I also did some compatability work - namely ADVANCED-RAPPEL. If the addon is active, you will get a "Rappel" Waypoint type for your helicopter planning. Advanced AI Control is next on the menu for compatability. This guy DUDA is a beast!

• Like 3

The adjustment of plane altitude ,does that mean that you have made the helos be able to fly lower or avoiding trees? To make them avoid trees,and fly low and fast and then rappell troops ,would be a significant improvements of what is possible in A3.

I would like to see a feature of automatic placing of mortar-pit,heavy guns and automatic adding of CAS-support.Very useful.

Also:  Will you add the commands from the Advanced Command mod incorporated into the C2?   Some are Very useful.

I have a few ideas/requests for C2:  Would like to be able to recruit a new unit,by being able to place a wepons squad with zues,then recruit the officer and then disband the unit to HC.

Can this be done?

Automatic adding of Support Requester/Provider to Player and any/all officers.That will greatly add to the esyness a player in SP wants to get to play Arma 3 often.

Please add at least 5 more Go Codes.  To controll helos,and ther units.

Ability to add a tent as a Respwan Point.On the fly,SP.

About the Advanced Rappelling: What about making a possibility to scale the rope,too?  Poor mans hoist ,very useful.

A Orbit command will be useful for helos.   My 2 cent for now.Thanks for outstanding mod.

The adjustment of plane altitude ,does that mean that you have made the helos be able to fly lower or avoiding trees? To make them avoid trees,and fly low and fast and then rappell troops ,would be a significant improvements of what is possible in A3.

No. It means that while a default flyinheight of 25m is cool for a helo, that would be more like 150-200m for a plane. I do not do any pathfinding. Also we do not rappel from planes ;)

I would like to see a feature of automatic placing of mortar-pit,heavy guns and automatic adding of CAS-support.Very useful.

Statics - in the future. Automatic adding of CAS is not within scope, that's a gameplay preference.

Also:  Will you add the commands from the Advanced Command mod incorporated into the C2?   Some are Very useful.

I did check out that addon, it's great. I agree the two mods should be compatible but I need to figure out the gap between regular map and my planning tablet. That's a bit more technical than you would think.

I have a few ideas/requests for C2:  Would like to be able to recruit a new unit,by being able to place a wepons squad with zues,then recruit the officer and then disband the unit to HC.

Can this be done?

Automatic adding of Support Requester/Provider to Player and any/all officers.That will greatly add to the esyness a player in SP wants to get to play Arma 3 often.

Again, this is gameplay. C2 gives you control over assets - which itself have to be generated by something else. Mission, addon, whatever. But I can't give you access over units that may not be within the scope of a mission, especially in MP.

Having said that, I never ever play without the debug console and I may make a little addon with this sort of thing, similar to my Simple Heli Requester that I made for KeyCat a while back.

Please add at least 5 more Go Codes.  To controll helos,and ther units.

Ability to add a tent as a Respwan Point.On the fly,SP.

Wow I think 5 more goCodes is nuts lol. But I still have the functions for the old SYNC, that will make a comeback. So the goCodes will do what they do best, the AUTO-sync will do that on it's own.

About the Advanced Rappelling: What about making a possibility to scale the rope,too?  Poor mans hoist ,very useful.

A Orbit command will be useful for helos.   My 2 cent for now.Thanks for outstanding mod.

I am pretty close to a good implementation of it - roofTop rappels require a very hacky function for the chopper, almost like a dynamic unitPlay function. It's full of wonders but I'll figure it out.

Also, Enhanced Movement looks like it's gonna be a great match for HUD-mode :)

• Like 10

Yep! I managed to get the functions ready for Enhanced Movement. Needed some tweaking so that it could run more than one climb at a time but I finally managed. 

Thanks to Bad Benson for setting it up so it could be used!! This really cracks open new possibilities for C2 - for example I could imagine planning mode making use of it too. 

It may be too crazy, but imagine you are setting a relatively short waypoint and there's an object in between the position of unit and waypoint - the script could pick it up, automatically create a sub-waypoint at the climbing-position and then execute the EHM-function upon arrival. Also I am wondering what could be done in terms of just general AI-behaviour and fem's for the first time, Enhanced Movement is really something immense, just like the GTI-grenades.

The rappel-waypoints for helo's is also pretty finished now. The "chopper on rails" function guiding it to precise positions is sort of acceptable at this point.

Also, I need your help:

Lately I've been debating the tablet with myself a lot. Namely after I installed IFA3LITE and found myself using a panasonic planning tablet in 1944. I always knew the tablet thing is a debatable choice... But now I actually consider switching things up and keeping the tablet for "tabletty"functions of the current day - or maybe even get rid of it entirely.

Anyways, the things I'm actually concerned with are:

• Everybody can carry a map, but not everybody has access to GPS technology.
    • In "Veteran" and higher, should we not be able to see the unit's position - unless it carries GPS?
    • Correspondingly, what about the UI-Line between unit and FIRST waypoint. Should we always see it?
      •  Alternatively, these visibilities could be changed when the planning controls are toggled on and off. The idea here is to maintain immersion for the player in regards to his difficulty settings
  • What about present and future
    • Other things not considered, should I keep the planning tablet simply for modern stuff such as:
      • Drone control (wip)
      • Support Requests (wip)

I don't know.. I am seriously considering removing the tablet. Another idea would be to make it an actual in game asset that the player needs to carry like in other add ons. But for that I would need someone to create the tablet object for the game, I made these indicators before but there is no way I am creating something with textures etc. 

Anyways, curious what you guys have to say about the tablet.
  • Like 1

Awsome!   Great to have in C2!  If you want to check out Big_Wilks Combat Support Menu of how to he set up varios things :

https://www.reddit.com/r/BWCSM/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTACxBY48txEvFOPm6eJONw

This is very neat but I would prefer a module based system where we are done after setting our preferences,and we don`t need  to sync anything.

Like Alive,but it is Autosyncing everything for ease of use ,the syncing  this and that makes me not play,sence I tend to mess it up.

I vote to Keep the Tablet sence it`s pretty useful,the skill just means someone knows how to use it better than others,maybe a better way to compete in Esport.

Toggle these things if you want to,it?s fine either way.  Onthe other hand ,it would be best to create an other page for the Drone and the 

Support pages, Helicopter,Other Transport (Insertion Type ----) Combat Support -Arty/CAS -Anything Synced.

If you really wanted to keep the tablet,to automatically add Support (Support Requester) would be of real help.

Just my 2 cents for now.

What about the way Tao Folding Map does it? which gives you the option to switch between a paper map look and a tablet look.

Paper could be like you said where you can only see waypoints but not lines and units, And tablet could be like it is now.

• Like 3

What about the way Tao Folding Map does it? which gives you the option to switch between a paper map look and a tablet look.

Paper could be like you said where you can only see waypoints but not lines and units, And tablet could be like it is now.

Yeah, I like that! I'm kinda thinking it's overkill to keep the tablet just for that, but it could be cool to keep it and make it exclusive for modern stuff, keep it as an alternative controlling device and make it dependent on the player having an item...

Speaking of... Would anyone be interested in creating a 3d-object for the tablet? I will not have the patience to learn how to do that, I had a hard enough time with the two indicators that did not need LOD's at all. 

great stuff to come home to. thank you for making an effort to use EM functionality. this is the best pay off for all the work put in. seeing videos of people climb to crazy places in creative ways already makes me smile but this is a new level.

• Like 4

Great work on adding rappelling to C2! Looking good.

"The rappel-waypoints for helo's is also pretty finished now. The "chopper on rails" function guiding it to precise positions is sort of acceptable at this point."

Mad cheese - I hope you already found the AR_Rappel_All_Cargo function in my rappelling script. It's really good at flying a heli to an exact position / height and rappelling units. May or may not work for what you're trying to do, but here's how it works:

It adds a temp game logic unit to the map, sets its position to where the heli will rappel, and makes the game logic the leader of the heli group. When you do this, it causes the heli to fly smoothly to the rappel position. Then, when it gets within 50m of the rappel position, a script takes over. The script adjusts the heli's velocity to make it look like it flies to the exact rappel position + height. Once in position, it drops off all of the units, removes the game logic unit and releases control back to the heli pilot.

• Like 3

great stuff to come home to. thank you for making an effort to use EM functionality. this is the best pay off for all the work put in. seeing videos of people climb to crazy places in creative ways already makes me smile but this is a new level.

I am very happy to hear that :) Thank you for all your efforts!

Mad cheese - I hope you already found the AR_Rappel_All_Cargo function in my rappelling script. It's really good at flying a heli to an exact position / height and rappelling units.

Whaaat!? I did not know about that, no  :wub: Amazing!

It is a lot smoother than what I had for sure. Thanks for the heads up, the setvelocity bit works great! I don't even need the rest since the player is the leader already

I also made a hacky bit that guides the AI to the nearest Buidling positions so that they don't miss the path lods and fall off the roof. That may be beneficial for the Enhanced Movement stuff to as it could help moving AI on surfaces they are not used to. Sort of some very primitive dynamic path-lods, lol :)

Thanks so much to both of you guys!!!

Thanks

• Like 2

I am very happy to hear that :) Thank you for all your efforts!

Whaaat!? I did not know about that, no  :wub: Amazing!

It is a lot smoother than what I had for sure. Thanks for the heads up, the setvelocity bit works great! I don't even need the rest since the player is the leader already

I also made a hacky bit that guides the AI to the nearest Buidling positions so that they don't miss the path lods and fall off the roof. That may be beneficial for the Enhanced Movement stuff to as it could help moving AI on surfaces they are not used to. Sort of some very primitive dynamic path-lods, lol :)

Thanks so much to both of you guys!!!

Thanks

AI-roofs..... I'm downlaoding Arma 3 back only for your mod, thats gonna be amazing.

• Like 3

ha, thank you :) Keep in mind that stuff is not in the addon yet - I will release a patch this weekend and I hope it's not gonna be buggy 

The quota of awesomeness is already on full dial so any more is likely to spin full circle back to zero.

I like the tablet and it doesnt really break my IronFront immersion but if it was on parchment it would work as well. Speaking of Iron Front, were you able to get NearestBuilding working on those maps??  I cant detect them at all

• Like 1

I haven't checked but I think that the vast majority is not "buildings" - I say this out the back of my head but one of these filter-strings is exclusive to houses with buildingPositions, meaning that the ones of IF will just fall through the filter. Maybe another filter will work though - do you need to detect if an objects is a building, even if it has no positions? again i am writing this from the back of my head so beware :)

also try this:

nearestTerrainObjects [player, ["Building","House"], _distance];
  • Like 1

Il offer my imput on the tablet since everyones talking about it (even though i think i mentioned it briefly before)

I think you should do away with it and keep the mod as minimalist as possible.  But thats just me :P

I find that with the tablet I will try to click on an icon and I get a new WP !  Although I like the idea of the tablet, a full screen interface would also be great.

my humble opinion on the tablet question: scratch the tablet and replace it with a map extension (if that's even possible). But that´s probably because I almost never use it. Besides that I´m in love with what you've created!! 

I see! that's pretty interesting. No one likes my tablet lol.

I made up my mind I think. I always liked the tablet, still do, but it has sort of outlived it's purpose. I will maybe keep it around for the modern stuff or drones.

Making overlays while the map is open should be doable. I can open my other displays when the map is open, but it will complain about serialization. Need to experiment but it should be possible. It's gonna take a while though.

Thanks for the input everybody!

• Like 2