hello to everyone, excellent mod the control system reminds me so much Full Spectrum Warrior if you do not know it you should take a look to any ideas

hello to everyone, excellent mod the control system reminds me so much Full Spectrum Warrior if you do not know it you should take a look to any ideas

thank you! I'd be a bold faced liar if I denied the extensive hours researching FSW and it's command system. C2 is based on FSW, Ghost Recon (IT/DS,AW1/AW2), Brothers in Arms, SOCOM, Call to Arms and GTA :) Funny enough, BIA and CTA are the ones that are still filled with sorcery.

• Like 2

great, FSW was one of my favorites and I always hoped that the BIS were integrating a similar system but it never happened so thank you very much  :)

Is it technically hard to add option  attach chemlight ?like IR grenade on chest

also C2 global setting overwrited by default every time when i restart editor or mission.

I love the additions in the latest update! Well done!

One request: in addition to the rearm function, would it be possible to add an inventory function? Basically it would let you select a soldier, point at a crate or a body on the ground, and click the inventory button which would have the AI open the their inventory so that you can give them other equipment besides just weapons.

• Like 1

VERSION 1.4.8

Hello, I have updated the addon to version 1.4.8 :)

NewStuff_zpsjgh2eeta.jpg

On the left you can see the new unit-selectors for the radial menu. To the right, you see the new context menu for the re-Arm function.

The new unit selectors have a huge impact on workflow. Assigning teamColors is now a piece of cake! But of course their main impact is the huge amount of flexibility you now have while using the radial menu.

The re-Arm function has also received an overhaul. LMB on the main re-Arm icon will open up the context menu where you can select a specific weapon holder. RMB on the main re-Arm icon will make the unit look for a suitable weaponholder themselves - although this is less accurate with multiple units.

Then there's a new 360-Security/Circle formation in HUD-MODE:

360_zpsvai4bznd.jpg

Finally, there's been a lot of "under the hood" improvements and first real optimizations. Many repetitive functions were bundled into Macros (if that's what you call that) and more are to come. Now that most of what I wanted is there, it's fun to make it a bit prettier and faster.

D O W N L O A D:

S T E A M :

Steam_zpsin23iios.png

A R M A H O L I C :

news_download_a3_3.png

M E D I A F I R E :

mediafire100.png

REQUIREMENTS:

CBA_A3

CHANGELOG 1.4.8:

• ADDED: 360 Security || Circle formation added to HUD-MODE. Calculates min. radius for you. You can still increase spacing/radius (ctrl+mWheel) but not go under minimum.

Units can face in- and outwards of the circle. (change with mWheel)

Feature to be included into PLANNING MODE as well.[/b]

• ADDED: Unit Selectors added to radial menu. Move your Mouse left of the radial menu to open the hidden display, then close/reopen with the small button next to it
    • Uses new button-type, background displays teamcolor. (will also be implemented into planning-tablet)
    • regular lClick selects indiv. unit
    • SHIFT+lClick selects all units from last to current selected (works in between different unit-pages)
    • Ctrl+lCLick adds/deselects unit
    • rClick opens teamColor selector (to close, select team or rClick anywhere)
    • >> assign teamColors in seconds!
  • ADDED: ReArm function split up and overhauled. Player can now decide where to reArm from (lClick on icon).
    • rClick on ReArm Icon will make AI look for best gearSource themselves.
  • ADDED: Reload-Animation added to adding/removing silencers
  • FIXED: Hundreds of codelines saved by creating broader functions. Better readability for both humans and the engine.
  • FIXED: Code Structure is now organized, most functions are now commented.
  • FIXED: Piles of Varnames renamed/tagged for better readability
Thanks to Kremator and W00fer for beta testing :)

Is it technically hard to add option attach chemlight ?like IR grenade on chest

also C2 global setting overwrited by default every time when i restart editor or mission.

Nope, I can add that.

in addition to the rearm function, would it be possible to add an inventory function? Basically it would let you select a soldier, point at a crate or a body on the ground, and click the inventory button which would have the AI open the their inventory so that you can give them other equipment besides just weapons.

Interactions are coming, not sure when tho. That's basically what the empty part of the radial (the one that's currently wasted on only building clearing) was for, although I have not made up my mind about the layout yet.

Hope you guys enjoy the update! It's finally all starting to look the part.

• Like 6

thanks for update mad cheese

why you say that C2 or A3 suppression sytem is broken? It works for me very well...

Nice job with the release!

In regards to adding the ability to put glowsticks and such on you and self interaction, I wouldnt. 

Reason being is a large portion of the community uses ACE and it would overlap with its functions. I would focus on commanding AI and let ACE and other mods do their own thing, that way its more modular and doesnt step on the other mods toes too much.

Honestly, I think even the breach and clear style command system isnt very necessary for this mod. So many other mods have some sort of PDA view such as ACE, Alive etc. that it can start to get cluttered having to map a similar thing to 5 different buttons. If you ask me the main focus should be on the 3d hud mode, which is shaping up real nicely. Keep it simple. 

Great job though

Conngrats on the release,Mad Cheese!    Will come of great use ,when commanding a 360* !  Just one request.Could we get a way to make the Ai all look in one direction?  When doing a 360*?

Another request:Possible to make Ai--just like a type of Re-arm thingee,-Search and Lase nearest target? Like a FAC?  Would be neat and useful.

Auto-add any Artillery ,repair it if a little damaged and make it useful for own team? Some way to add a automatic rescue helo-just like the helo-mod where you can call in only 2-helos any one time?  

Could I make the Ai to re-arm themselfs and then give me a full gear automatically?  Some way to make them ask and/or add some AT-gear to everyone? Laser Designator?

In regards to adding the ability to put glowsticks and such on you and self interaction, I wouldnt. 

Reason being is a large portion of the community uses ACE and it would overlap with its functions. I would focus on commanding AI and let ACE and other mods do their own thing, that way its more modular and doesnt step on the other mods toes too much.

Honestly, I think even the breach and clear style command system isnt very necessary for this mod. So many other mods have some sort of PDA view such as ACE, Alive etc. that it can start to get cluttered having to map a similar thing to 5 different buttons. If you ask me the main focus should be on the 3d hud mode, which is shaping up real nicely. Keep it simple. 

Great job though

Thanks, I agree. C2 is and will always be a AI control tool. There is probably the occasional feature-overlap between the ITEMS section of the radial and ACE etc. Those are just things that I like for boosting my personal immersion.

I do not use ACE much for a number of reasons, mainly that I can not run much stuff on my machine in general. I guess you can attach a bunch things there and other addons...

But since I do not use those mods myself necessarily, I want to have the functions I need within my own interface. I do make an effort tho to have C2 compatible with addons that other people like, so actually since C2 checks if ace is running, I should not add the IR-strobes to the player when ACE is active. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

However, I find the medical stuff to work well in addition to ACE, if you want to force an AI-subordinate to react. The building clearing - it was not even my idea to make that but I find that it fits extremely well into the project, which started with a clear aim towards MOUT tactics. I do not see that within ACE or Alive, also I do not know what a pda-view is :)

Oh by the way, the suppression works much better these days. I was using DEV build for a while before the last patch, maybe there was something wrong but both suppression models did not work very well, units were not firing their weapons reliably.

• Like 2

Thanks, I agree. C2 is and will always be a AI control tool. There is probably the occasional feature-overlap between the ITEMS section of the radial and ACE etc. Those are just things that I like for boosting my personal immersion.

I do not use ACE much for a number of reasons, mainly that I can not run much stuff on my machine in general. I guess you can attach a bunch things there and other addons...

But since I do not use those mods myself necessarily, I want to have the functions I need within my own interface. I do make an effort tho to have C2 compatible with addons that other people like, so actually since C2 checks if ace is running, I should not add the IR-strobes to the player when ACE is active. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

However, I find the medical stuff to work well in addition to ACE, if you want to force an AI-subordinate to react. The building clearing - it was not even my idea to make that but I find that it fits extremely well into the project, which started with a clear aim towards MOUT tactics. I do not see that within ACE or Alive, also I do not know what a pda-view is :)

Oh by the way, the suppression works much better these days. I was using DEV build for a while before the last patch, maybe there was something wrong but both suppression models did not work very well, units were not firing their weapons reliably.

Sounds good!

By pda view i meant like your panasonic screen thingy. 

• Like 1

I think there might be a bug with the clearing function. When I've got a civilian hostage in a building and send my guys in to clear the building, they end up shooting the hostage. I'm using Eden enhanced and the built-in hostage script it provides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any way to Auto-add any placed group with Zeus that player places down to  add these to  players group-and then disband them to reserve?

Any way to make addon planes become usable for anyone ai with laserranger/designator?   To make a ai you commanded inside to be disbanded to reserve,thus making it just fly around for a while  -  then rejoin and use LGB`s ?

Any way to make the miniguns to be used to supress a target?  thnx.

Any  way to make the gunner(s) target seperate targets and make the helo perform a circle or a figure 8 and supress 2 seperate targets?

AFAIK AI will use LGB's and other as long as target is lased, even planes and helicopters like AH-64. They just need to "spot" the laser taget.

Yes, every position that has FFV has to have the value of at least 1.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Turret_Config_Reference#isPersonTurret_.3D_2

Oh wow, I didn't know that thaks. Is there an advantage over hasGunner tho?

Any way to Auto-add any placed group with Zeus that player places down to  add these to  players group-and then disband them to reserve?

To make a ai you commanded inside to be disbanded to reserve,thus making it just fly around for a while  -  then rejoin and use LGB`s ?

I hate to keep saying no to you but these are again all personal gameplay preferences and do not really fit into the project. I will NOT add any units. What you can do however, is sync a ZEUS-module to your player-unit, make it an editorCuratorable object (may have misspelled that) and then spawn a bunch of units with Zeus, then add them to your group.

Any way to make the miniguns to be used to supress a target?  thnx.

Any  way to make the gunner(s) target seperate targets and make the helo perform a circle or a figure 8 and supress 2 seperate targets?

The miniguns of a GhostHawk will work for suppression I think, as long as the chopper is somewhat alligned correctly. A chopper's main gun for example will have issues though... Simply because it can't "aim" at the target.  With a pawnee that's somewhat logical but with for example the BlackFoot I do not really understand the issue because it can theoretically move it's turret. Anyways, short answer: nah :)

You can make gunners (seperate targets) by putting all gunners in a teamColor. Then have them target the enemy group via the tablet, they will distribute the targets. General "smart targeting" of known units is coming though.

Any way to make addon planes become usable for anyone ai with laserranger/designator?

AFAIK AI will use LGB's and other as long as target is lased, even planes and helicopters like AH-64. They just need to "spot" the laser taget.

Co-sign. Making the AI lase targets is on the bucket list (but I have not tested anything yet).

Hey! Sorry for offtopic, but where did you get this skin for A-10

https://youtu.be/iY5s7wj6f58?t=7m27s

?

Oh damn... To be honest, I'm pretty sure that's just the regular RHS one, "RHS_A10". I was only running RHS making that video I think.That skin got my attention too, I didn't even realize unitl I was rendering the video.

Just on a sidenote, current priority is adding targets and actions. The lasing could find it's way in there if I find a reliable routine that assures overwatch etc.

• Like 1

Not asking for units,or something out of scope of this mod....Just telling you what I would like to see,or get refined-if you like the idea.Really need to be able to lase targets,tho.

Q: Using HC,can I add those HC`s to my unit?  How?  Anyways,like this mod .

To be able to Fast Rope with Ai would be great.

hello I do not know if you remember but when on FSW were giving orders to cover fire, two soldiers came out from around the corner and cover the field, without firing if there were no enemies, is it possible to add?

an example:

https://media.playstation.com/is/image/SCEA/slus-21145-game-ss-4?$MediaCarousel_LargeImage$

Q: Using HC,can I add those HC`s to my unit?  How?  Anyways,like this mod .

To be able to Fast Rope with Ai would be great.

I do not know why joining groups that always were HC-only does not work. Will investigate. Fast roping  - there's an amazing addon for that. I  wanted to check it out long ago.  I am not sure if you get access to make AI guys use ropes, if not I'll contact the author.

hello I do not know if you remember but when on FSW were giving orders to cover fire, two soldiers came out from around the corner and cover the field, without firing if there were no enemies, is it possible to add?

an example:

https://media.playstation.com/is/image/SCEA/slus-21145-game-ss-4?$MediaCarousel_LargeImage$

Oh. I remember.

The thing is FSW's environment is, as far as I can tell, very different from the one in Arma 3. It is ridiculously limited and completely designed towards that key feature, giving you a great preview and execution of movements that feel very real. Those guys are home near cover, our typical A3-AI-dude is more of a free spirit, likes a good patrol etc. I think in A3 units in danger mode can sometimes perform incredibly well near cover too, but within C2 I have a few problems in terms of just how crazy open this game is.

In FSW, you don't really chose your resources. You get a few fireteams the most, whenever the designer feels it's cool you get a tank that is actually meant to make you do this or that. Your inf-guys are always operating as a 2 or 4 man fireteam, they are built to work together.  Arma... your guys are incredible at keeping formations and moving to positions but not so educated in things like "walk to the corner and shoot exactly where I want you to. And also you are dealing with a "dev" here who's just doesn't know anything :P

Actually I tried to create some fancy unit positioning around corners, but all this environment detection and aligning of indicators is, as proud as I am, rather primitive. I know I am heading in the right direction with some experiments, but it's still not satisfying enough.

Finally, there's an issue with sending units to positions very close from each other. They have this "acceptable radius" value that prevents them from repeatedly running against a wall. So bottom line, you can't get them to schmooze like the homies in your pictures. Sometimes they feel it, sometimes they don't. That was not enough for me back then but I will keep experimenting

• Like 1

I cant find this A-10 skin in RHS..... But it look awesome.

I think the skin you are looking for is the one in CUP under United States Army- planes- A-10 Thunderbolt (AT)

That's has to be the one! Sorry I wasn't aware I had those running but I do use CUP vehicles a lot since many missions need em

Thanks. Shame RHS dont have any, i dont use CUP beacuse of quality..... Thanks one more time. :thumb: