OMG you guys are in for a treat in the next version.  Can't say much more, but I'm seriously impressed.

• Like 5

Alright, finally. here we go:

VERSION 1.4.7

Huge update with loads of new functionality and a brand new radial design.

D O W N L O A D:

S T E A M :

Steam_zpsin23iios.png

A R M A H O L I C :

news_download_a3_3.png

W I T H S I X :

banner-420x120.png

M E D I A F I R E :

mediafire100.png

REQUIREMENTS:

CBA_A3

CHANGELOG 1.4.7:

• ADDED: NEW RADIAL LAYOUT. Changes color at night for better visibility.
  • ADDED: MEDICAL FUNCTIONS added to Radial Menu. Can handle multiple healers and patients at once. Compatible with ACE3, Simple Wounding System, A3 Wounding System & BTC-Revive
  • ADDED: VEHICLE FUNCTIONS added to Radial Menu. Handles multiple ways of boarding units.
  • ADDED: ITEM-SECTION added to Radial Menu: Attach/Detach Suppressors | Toggle Pointers | Switch Gun/Pistol | Attach IR_items
  • ADDED: GoCode Activation added to radial menu (RMB on STANCES)
  • ADDED: BUILDING CLEARING function (beta) added to radial menu. Look at building when opening the menu to enable the option. Selected units will clear the building from bottom to top. It is recommended to stack up the units outside of the building for better execution.
  • ADDED: All GRENADE TYPES SUPPORTED
  • ADDED: GRENADE POOLS >> When multiple units are selected, all their throwable items are gathered. C2 then uses suitable units to throw the item. (HUD MODE selects one unit, planning mode selects all units that carry the item)
  • ADDED: "KEEP STANCE" option added to HUDMode-stances as NEW DEFAULT ( >> black icon: Current Stance >> white icon: "AUTO" >> yellow icons: "UP"|"CROUCH"|"PRONE")
  • FIXED: Regular RClick clears HUDMode Selection again
  • FIXED: Minor fixes on ReArm script. Function still needs overhaul, player still needs to repeat with multiple units.
  • TWEAKED: HELICOPTER HEIGHTS changed to: 1000m | 200m | 25m (default) | 5m (not recommended)
Thanks for the great input you guys! And a specialthanks to Kremator for the Beta testing and reports :)
  • Like 10

Just finished watching the video and i must say that you are the best!!! And thank you soooo much for finally showing the new stuff,been checking this thread every day like few times per day))) Thank you again!!!

• Like 1

I simply have to chime in and agree to the fullest. It's the mod that gave me back single player for real after losing interest.

And the stuff in this update is just so insanely useful. I've cleared houses for half an hour now just for fun. The tip on going in as second man behind an AI was brilliant.

• Like 1

It was sooo much fun testing out the earlier builds too ... was delighted to be able to help!

• Like 2

Finally a working ACE medic compatible AI mod,instead of script!

The building clearing looks fantastic.

I was wondering if C2 works with other AI mods like ASR AI, VCOM. FFIS or etc... because many of us and some missions uses other AI scripts for the opposing forces.

It would be great to allow other AI mods for OpFOR, INDFOR and maybe other BlueFor not in your own group.

• Like 1

Congrats on the update!   A few needed features that I would like to seen in this would be to be able to direct the medics to be able to reinforce themself if there are too many casualties by calling for more medics that arrives by car/helo to a place close,but out of sight.  

If we could get some way to add a mortar to provide some support or a static Mg that arrives by car,after a set time.Would be useful...   A way to make AI Medics to remove uncosious team members from a battle site to a field---and call a Medivac MH-60 helo to load them inside and RTB,would  actually add a whole lot of new to missions.

To add a 10-15m height to helicopters may work better than 5m,to make it more unlikely for it to crash.

More ways to add troops may be useful .Parachutes, or some way to auto add  troop-trucks.

Some way to add a 360* defensive zone or use flares /place tripp-wire flares in defensive arcs /sniper nest on roof may be new and useful.   Thanks

[...]

Some way to add a 360* defensive zone or use flares /place tripp-wire flares in defensive arcs /sniper nest on roof may be new and useful.   Thanks

A tip on getting a 360° security with the current version is to start a C2 L-formation (numpad 1,3,7 or 9) and place it right at your feet. That ends up as a V-formation that cover pretty much all sectors around you if you set yourself in the middle. It gives good coverage when you have four or more people to command.

L-formation-360.jpg

• Like 3

Suggestion, the "Heal all" and "All medics" should be on top of the list. Maybe even have a fast shortcut, like double click on the medical icon to order all medics to heal everyone.

• Like 3

Wow, thanks so much everybody! This feedback is very rewarding :)

I was wondering if C2 works with other AI mods like ASR AI, VCOM. FFIS or etc... because many of us and some missions uses other AI scripts for the opposing forces.

It would be great to allow other AI mods for OpFOR, INDFOR and maybe other BlueFor not in your own group.

I do not know about the other mods.. W00FER if you are reading this, do you have experience with those other mods?

C2 only affects your group, so unless another addon issues doMove/moveTo orders or makes your units change stance, it should never be a problem.

Congrats on the update!   A few needed features that I would like to seen in this would be [...]

360 defense is definitely coming and it will be, like the formations, responsive to size and number of units. Meaning that 2 units make a line, 3 units make a triangle, 4+ units make a circle according to size/radius.

The other ideas... They are great ideas but I see all that as a whole different addon. I will never spawn units etc within C2, it's goal is to give you more access to what you have. Otherwise, 100% what you will see is Servers not using C2 coz someone is spamming medic reinforcements.

What I do have on the list except to the radius is units finding overwatch over a target, units assembling/disassembling statics, said 360 defense and also 'actions' - like ie mines & charges :)

You should make that addon! It's like when KeyCat suggested the "call chopper" function - I ended up making a small extra addon for that and next thing I knew I started using it all the time myself.

Suggestion, the "Heal all" and "All medics" should be on top of the list. Maybe even have a fast shortcut, like double click on the medical icon to order all medics to heal everyone.

Yes, that's absolutely on the toDo list! ;). Also if you have noticed, at the moment if you have more than one medic, atm they will show up in reverse order (pssssst)

Thanks again, your help, input and enthusiasm is heavily appreciated! The new functions all came from your ideas in this thread, I don't even take too much credit for dat :)

• Like 2

[...]

[...]

As far as I can tell, AI mods don't really screw with the C2 functionality as long as you aren't under fire.

When you do get into a firefight VcomAI let's you keep full control over your AI with vanilla commands and C2. I have had the most success with that mod.

ASR_AI3 work well, but need to have autocombat disabled when under fire for C2 commands to work properly. That is no different from vanilla. The difference is that C2 can disable autocombat. There is the mod FHQ combatmode that can disable autocombat too, but I'm not sure if it does it differently than from C2. Do both mods simply do disableAI "AUTOCOMBAT"; for each unit?

Then there are some mods like FFIS or bCombat that, among other things, make the AI do tactical dives when they start taking fire. That's where C2 won't work and disabling autocombat doesen't help either. I usually end up with a frozen or non-responsive AI. It might be slightly worse with C2 loaded, but I can't say for sure. If the AI freeze because of some morale feature or something that is all well and good. But I don't want to play with unresponsive AI anyway, which is why I moved away from using FFIS or bCombat in single player games.

VcomAI is my goto when squad commanding with C2 now.
  • Like 2

Maybe double click on the medical icon - order to heal only player?

As for AI in Fire From Vehicle positions: would it be possible to filter out position with have "isPersonTurret > 0"? This should give every position with has FFV, then you have a check to see if its commander (they sometimes have FFV). Then you could "move" those positions to cargo "category". Not sure if it's possible to script it like that, but "isPersonTurret > 0" will definitely give you all FFV positions.

Thanks W00fer!

Do both mods simply do disableAI "AUTOCOMBAT"; for each unit?

I don't know the function for FHQ, but within C2 you actually reset the unit's target, after that "AUTOCOMBAT" is disabled every 5 seconds. This loop exists because disableFSM alledgedly has a risk to get lost between savegames.

VcomAI is my goto when squad commanding with C2 now.

I really need to try this

Maybe double click on the medical icon - order to heal only player?

Something like that yes. I am leaning towards an alternative "AUTO-MEDIC" mode (RMB on the main button) that changes the icon to a green color and then automatically has your medics check for patients every x seconds. When that's not active though, as Taro8 mentioned the "ALL MEDIC - HEAL ALL" needs to be the default from the menu, so it would already just be one more mouseclick. I never tried doubleClick's in dialogs but it should be possible to make that only call the nearest medic to the player.

As for AI in Fire From Vehicle positions: would it be possible to filter out position with have "isPersonTurret > 0"? This should give every position with has FFV, then you have a check to see if its commander (they sometimes have FFV). Then you could "move" those positions to cargo "category". Not sure if it's possible to script it like that, but "isPersonTurret > 0" will definitely give you all FFV positions.

isPersonTurret is news to me, is that a config entry? I use an entry named "hasGunner" to check if a seat has FFV.

Anyways, I guess the question is the same I have been asking myself: Is it better to have a position listed as "Cargo" when really it is "TURRET"?

I personally think it is a bit more practical keeping FFV-Cargo seats in the "gunner"-category because I could not find a vehicle that has a gunner and those positions. So right now the cost is that all gunners will dismount at the same time... Or only the real gunner in some vehicles (ie GhostHawk), which is a glitch I have not figured out yet.

But: If I think about it, the real issue is the current state of the menu with one missing feature: This

So if you had a nicely integrated way to select units within the radial, you could just select a unit individually and then the button would only affect that unit. Unfortunately I could not figure out a way to flip the command bar's pages by script, so I need to come up with that slick workaround or even a whole new set of buttons.

• Like 4

I do not want to offend anyone. If BI developers are working like you -promptly and listening sometimes  to our wishes, Arma3  would be the perfect game without a single bug.

mad_cheese  you breathed life into singleplayer. thank you so much

• Like 1

Hi, great mod!

What is the difference between C2 suppression and arma 3 suppression?

Also does this mod have a performance impact? I saw in the video you said the building clearing has like a 10 frame impact, but what about just general use? 

I do not want to offend anyone. If BI developers are working like you -promptly and listening sometimes  to our wishes, Arma3  would be the perfect game without a single bug.

mad_cheese  you breathed life into singleplayer. thank you so much

I appreciate it, but I'm also in a luxurious position where I do not sell you anything. Meaning, I also do not 'owe' anything. We are diving deep into a rather specific and nerdy area of the game while BIS has to make everybody happy. I think it's infinitly easier for me to be in tune with you guys here than it is for BIS to be in tune with the entire community. What I'm saying is, this forum thread is Heaven compared to the A3 Feedback Tracker.

I used to be critical of BI until I started releasing work to the community, that's when it went 'click' and I started worshipping BIS. Silently, they constantly puts out new functionality and improvements, C2 would not be possible without them listening to the community either.  

What is the difference between C2 suppression and arma 3 suppression?

Also does this mod have a performance impact? I saw in the video you said the building clearing has like a 10 frame impact, but what about just general use?

The building clearing is heavy on fps because the script constantly checks for LOS to enemies. It's a quite heavy check which I can, but have not yet, optimized. Also the door leaning has to check for distances to doors, I find distance checks very fps heavy as well. All these checks are, at the time, necessary to achieve somewhat of a 'reaction' from clearing units.

Apart from that, the only times C2 has any impact on performance is when you actually use the controls, but by itself it is not heavy at all. The only ongoing loops are the positioning of HUD indicators and actively executed waypoint routes.

Having said that, if you are running a heavy mission or simply more addons than your machine can handle, you may experience lag when using the controls.

The difference between A3 and C2 suppression: None of them work (lol)

I don't know what it is yet but APEX messed up my function (which already had issues) big time. They did implement the default A3 suppression model, which I also do not find exactly reliable at the time. 

Main difference from user's perspective is, that C2's suppression is stopped the same way it is started. A3 suppression is stopped by ordeing units to 'stop' or 'return to formation'.

• Like 3

Can`t you just check if building is occupied,then simply stop the script loop,if it isn`t--the player/Ai will not know one or the other-and simply order them to go to positions  on the top floor,thus clearing the whole building in the process?

May work.

Could we get some way to use Mortar/MG by adding just a button for that?   Set Mg`s on balcony and mortar Anywere / Backyard?  

Look at a helo flying over ,then hold down a button,order to land?

Lase a target?    Anyway ,this is by far,the best way to command in Arma 3!   Thanks!

well technically the script only is heavy if there is units occupying the building. No units to make LOS-checks against means no LOS checks.  :) also , if it were not like this and I'd do that, the player would look at the units and just know that the building is empty from their careless behaviour :)

Lasing target, assembling weapons: yes. Weapons on balconies... I don't think so. For helicopter landing, the current controls work fine for me. Not that it would not make sense but it's way(yyyyyy) too niche to make it a keybind imo. However on that note, there's plans to create an interaction menu that integrates with ACE3 for all the cursortarget related stuff.

In any case, if you know about scripting and take a look at my work you will most likely die from a heartattack. I assume the reason this was not brought up yet is because simply no one survived. I really need to potimize the living crap out of what we have now before i start adding more and more shit to a poor structure that repeats itself.

• Like 2