NICE to hear....

Now, im using steam as you may know...How do i switch the

key from shift´tab to "something else"?

I personally changed my Steam-Overlay to a different key bind in the STEAM settings. But if you want to keep it for whatever reason.. you just change the key bind in arma :)

in game press ESC >> configure >> controls >> configure addons >> C2 >> "Open Tablet"

I wrote this from the back of my head but you should get the idea.

Please note that you need to do this while actually playing a mission as the key binds are added in the beginning of the mission, NOT on game start. There's probably a better way to do this but I don't know it and this still works.

Since you asked about accesibility, here's a small idea (unless it's not possible to do for some reason). Unselect HUD selected units with right click.
In vanilla when you select units with F2, F3... you cancel it with right click, or have action menu on - cancel / turn it off with right click. So when I first installed C2, when I couldn't turn off the hud units with right click, I thought something must be wrong. I'm used to it now, but it could help new users.

About HUD select default keybinds, CTRL+F1,F2... combo is really tricky to reach for me. I'm using shift+1,2,3 (not F1,F2..). You could give this a go, and if you like it, change the default on the mod for new users.

Now, since you always seem happy to hear us out, here's a feature idea:

I like the 3D menu, it's very convenient to use, but I think the bottom left space of the menu could use something more important there. My suggestion would be to take that reset group button, and move it to the center of the menu, and add a way to get AI into the vehicles there.
Getting AI in specific vehicle position is very slow with vanilla, and I think that it would be super convenient with your 3D menu.  Here is what I mean --->  http://imgur.com/YdFAvMb(warning - awesome paint skills) - First layer shows three vehicles that are closest to player, with name and generic icon showing if it's a chopper / tank / car. If you click on vehicle in the first layer, AI go in ride in back. In second layer you can select if they go in as gunner, driver or commander.

Alternatively, you could put the target menu there prioritizing vehicles (especially armored ones). It's tricky to order AI's to target something with vanilla when all hell breaks loose.

In any case, just throwing out ideas, no pressure :)

At some point when all the madness is over with, I do want to make a mission maker version of C2 where you can simply copy the order array and use it in your missions to create badass AI movements that are more detailed than waypoints. Basically like a "C2 unit capture" :) I know that's not what you mean tho... but you could use unit capture with a bunch of units inside, have them disembark and then use that function to make it look like one big orchestrated maneuver.

I can't even express how awesome that would be... X)

• Like 1

Here is an idea:  What if we could use the 360* defence to lay a protective minefield all around a sniper team?   Maybe,if we can put the explosive devices in a box in-game so that warning they always say in Arma 3 doesen`t trigger and it stays inviz to Ai?

Instead of the Ai lay around in a circle ,the mines are out of sight behind a rock,or even inside of one?

Maybe behind some curtain that they can`t see throu. 

Can you add some kind of arrow to make the little pixel-dude look in that direction? Maybe,add a Shift-n`-pull arrow out and directly on a building,to watch it ?

A "lase this building" -order?   

Could we be able to make a dude bullet proof for a while? 

Unselect HUD selected units with right click.

In vanilla when you select units with F2, F3... you cancel it with right click, or have action menu on - cancel / turn it off with right click. So when I first installed C2, when I couldn't turn off the hud units with right click, I thought something must be wrong. I'm used to it now, but it could help new users.

Thats a great idea and also a very good point! Here's an explanation: Since I am not exactly a pro-grammer (lol), I always had issues with display eventhandlers - i could always disable default functions for keys, but not for mouse clicks. My entire system was initially designed around that problem. Now - Ace pulls it off when you carry units or place charges etc... I need to look into that and find out how they disabled the default, THEN it would be time to revamp the whole approach and make it way more simple. I already know I'm going to get a lot of flack for that but it may be worth it in the long run. The whole forced-CTRL-binds for example exist because I couldn't disable the Action menu at the time, etc.

About HUD select default keybinds, CTRL+F1,F2... combo is really tricky to reach for me. I'm using shift+1,2,3 (not F1,F2..). You could give this a go, and if you like it, change the default on the mod for new users.

I also like that idea! Here's a weird issue I have been having that may make you roll eyes - I don't know how to return key binds that were set by CBA. If I knew how to do that, I could maybe offer different default control-layouts, as does Arma itself.

I like the 3D menu, it's very convenient to use, but I think the bottom left space of the menu could use something more important there. My suggestion would be to take that reset group button, and move it to the center of the menu, and add a way to get AI into the vehicles there.

Getting AI in specific vehicle position is very slow with vanilla, and I think that it would be super convenient with your 3D menu.  Here is what I mean --->  http://imgur.com/YdFAvMb(warning - awesome paint skills) - First layer shows three vehicles that are closest to player, with name and generic icon showing if it's a chopper / tank / car. If you click on vehicle in the first layer, AI go in ride in back. In second layer you can select if they go in as gunner, driver or commander.

Alternatively, you could put the target menu there prioritizing vehicles (especially armored ones). It's tricky to order AI's to target something with vanilla when all hell breaks loose.

In any case, just throwing out ideas, no pressure :)

I like to see we are on the same page and thanks for the detailed description :)

The refresh area is, no doubt, a reason to scratch heads and of course I want to optimize that radial menu a LOT more. the idea to move the refresh function into the middle is quite brilliant! Especially since I want to add the numpad function to a pause menu, that frees up the entire bottom left space for better functions as what you suggest. I would like to use 'cursorTarget' to determine what vehicle is desired, but I also like your approach since the player would not have to be close to the vehicle. Need to check what the best way is when I get back, anyways thanks again for your effort!!

Here is an idea:  What if we could use the 360* defence to lay a protective minefield all around a sniper team?   Maybe,if we can put the explosive devices in a box in-game so that warning they always say in Arma 3 doesen`t trigger and it stays inviz to Ai?

Instead of the Ai lay around in a circle ,the mines are out of sight behind a rock,or even inside of one?

Maybe behind some curtain that they can`t see throu.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but all that is way too specific ;) It would only apply if the unit(s) have enough mines to even lay out that defense, right? :) Hope u understand. Also I don't think it's a real life procedure for snipers to place mines inside rocks or invisible curtains, but hey who knows it's 2036 after all innit :D

Can you add some kind of arrow to make the little pixel-dude look in that direction? Maybe,add a Shift-n`-pull arrow out and directly on a building,to watch it ?

A "lase this building" -order?   

Could we be able to make a dude bullet proof for a while?

In planning mode, you can drag the popup arrow to wherever you want the units to look (as you place down a waypoint). In buildings however this is not applicable, the units will just face away from the building they occupy. In HUD-mode, you have little arrows attached to the indicators that show you where the units will look.

"Lase building" order is probably not going to happen anytime soon. Bullet proof units... Is that a thing? Same as above, I appreciate the feedback and hope you understand where I'm coming from <3

• Like 1

Hey Madcheese, I noticed the auto Danger feature is labeled "Only in Dev". This was before the Eden update and it still says that, do you plan on releasing the feature?

Hey Mad, what a lovely mod, I must say! It's become one of those extremely pleasant discoveries when I accidentally spotted it and decided to take on a trailer ;) Blew me away!

One thing I'd like to request (if it's not too much, ofc) - could you share your AI suppression at a certain spot script with others? I'd love to implement it into a mission I'm working on. Thanks a million, mate!

Hey Madcheese, I noticed the auto Danger feature is labeled "Only in Dev". This was before the Eden update and it still says that, do you plan on releasing the feature?

I am traveling, so I 'missed' the EDEN update. I intended to have it working but I realized later that It will still only work in DEV bid because of a scripting mistake. Will fix it when I'm back, by the end of the week I hope. Thanks!

Hey Mad, what a lovely mod, I must say! It's become one of those extremely pleasant discoveries when I accidentally spotted it and decided to take on a trailer ;) Blew me away!

One thing I'd like to request (if it's not too much, ofc) - could you share your AI suppression at a certain spot script with others? I'd love to implement it into a mission I'm working on. Thanks a million, mate!

Thank you for the kind words. As far as suppression - it works well 'enough' and is mod-compatible 'enough' but it still has it's quirks, predominantly I am not happy with the invisible targets that I made. Once it's good enough I can share it, but until then of course you are free to use it /modify it. Keep in mind you need the indicator and invisible targets for it which are in one of the PBO files (From the back of my head it should be called MCSS_C2_Indicators.pbo or very similar).

Can you make the "commit"-button on HUD-mode be hard coded? tnx

I am not sure what you mean as the commit button is a part of planning mode. Do you mean a customizable keybind for HUD mode so that it does not have to be CTRL+RMB? If so, that is on the to do list :)

I NEED YOUR HELP: I have had reports on STEAM about choppers stopping between waypoints a lot after the EDEN update. Can anyone confirm this happening (preferably vanilla). Thanks in Advance.

I NEED YOUR HELP: I have had reports on STEAM about choppers stopping between waypoints a lot after the EDEN update. Can anyone confirm this happening (preferably vanilla). Thanks in Advance.

I can confirm this happening with vanilla+C2+CBA on a dedicated server. I was having the problem last night but didn't check in on this thread until now, so all I can say for now is that I had to create and commit helicopter waypoints one at a time. Never did any proper testing with different helicopters or mods or on the local machine.

I'll also take a moment to thank you for putting C2 together. It is like squad commanding in Arma graduated from a proof-of-concept to what was envisioned from the very beginning.

thank you woofer! :]

that is a big bummer regarding choppers... I have no idea if this could be related but a similar issue has been reported in the AI-Dev thread, apparently the same happens with normal waypoints after the EDEN update. I can not wrap my head around it tho - I am back home this weekend, promise to look into it right away. Thanks for testing!

Hi Mad Cheese, everyone,

I was thinking about the suppression feature. Obviously it is an amazing feature, and adds a really cool element to infi tactics.

What are your thoughts on having a few choices for suppression? For example, in addition to the full-auto heavy suppression (which is super effective but also ammo hungry), what about a mid level and light suppression option. So medium level would be short bursts, with the AI locked onto the target (essentially as it works now with half the ammo consumption rate), while light would be very short bursts, with the AI taking cover in between shots (perhaps good in more protracted engagements, stalemate situations etc).

An expanded suppression feature would give the player some options in terms of risk (to his AI player) and ammo consumption.

As usual, feel free to ignore, I'm just spitballin..

Cheers

RM

MEH! I got home today.. I didn't manage to get the chopper bug to show up yet but it's safe to say that EDEN messed some stuff up. Apparently the 3d editor handles things differently and the addon does not properly initialize, packed missions and 2d editor seem to be okay though.

@Reggaeman: that's a nice idea, the suppression is indeed ammo hungry. I think I can just make some adjustments to the current function since it does not take into effect what the suppressed area actually looks like - it only checks for objects that impose a threat and need to be prioritized.

• Like 1

MEH! I got home today.. I didn't manage to get the chopper bug to show up yet but it's safe to say that EDEN messed some stuff up.

I did some proper testing on a dedicated server again after noticing that the client hadn't updated CBA properly from the steam workshop. I don't know if that was the problem or was present when I posted last, but it could have been since the mod was updated before that. Today I managed to recreate the problem of the helo stopping after the first waypoint only once in with the UH-80 out of thirty or so flight paths that I set up in the tablet.

Here's the one time it didn't work in vanilla+CBA+C2 on a dedicated server when I was recording.

youtu.be/gnAB14MzVaQ

It works just as fine now when running a full set of mods containing RHS, CUP and MCC etc.

Sorry if I added to the confusion.

Edited by woofer808

VERSION 1.4.3 IS OUT NOW!

Just a few nice tweaks and adjustments to ensure compatibility with the 3DEN update

D O W N L O A D:

S T E A M :

Steam_zpsin23iios.png

A R M A H O L I C :

news_download_a3_3.png

M E D I A F I R E :

mediafire100.png

W I T H S I X :

banner-420x120.png

A R M A  3 . D E :

dbutton1_A3.jpg

REQUIREMENTS:

CBA_A3

CHANGELOG 1.4.3:

• TWEAKED: Heli's now only auto-dismount units that are non pilot/helicrew-class and not occupying weapon turret
  • TWEAKED: Planning Tablet: RelDir display now contains distance and is only displayed while mouse hovers over map
  • TWEAKED: Heli pickup/dropoff script improved
  • FIXED: 3DEN-Update AutoDanger Bug fixed (DEV build no longer required)
  • FIXED: 3DEN Editor initialization bug fixed
I hope you enjoy the new goodies!
  • Like 3

Thanks kecharles28! I finally claimed the addon on WithSix, thanks for all your efforts! <3

Congrats on the release!    Is there an easy way to make them board a vehicle? How do I include a chopper?  I really don`t get that-is there a module for that?  Thanks.

Congrats on the release!    Is there an easy way to make them board a vehicle? How do I include a chopper?  I really don`t get that-is there a module for that?  Thanks.

AI vehicle boarding is not included (yet). To use the choppers, you need to have a unit of your group be the pilot. Then, in the tablet, switch to the second page (explained here). I also have a small addon to request a helicopter that you can find HERE, it was also updated today.

Cheers on the releases, Mad! It's great to see you so productive! Keep them amazing updates coming, mate ;)

• Like 1