This is something where I really can not win: If I pre-map the controls, clashes are going to happen 100%. Then again, if I don't map them at all, it does not work= from the beginning and many don't want to go through the hassle. There's no way to make everybody happy, so my best move was to pre-map all controls and let you re-map most of them since they are customizable. I am totally aware of the clashes, I personally changed my Arma3 mapping accordingly. I did my best to keep it as customizable as possible, within the limitations of the game/my knowledge.

I understand why you have done it (would have done the same to reach the largest audience). However the mission I'm doing only needs 1-2 out of the 30-40 players to use it. can you tell me, in what script you are defining the key-mapping? Then I will modify it.

Keep up the good work, this mod really opens up possibilities for mission makers. :coop: :dancehead:

What are you going to be able to do with the new dev command enableai "AUTOCOMBAT" ?

Ha. Good question. Well first off, it's all Dev build at this point, but these changes are so grave and have so much boner-potential. The ability to switch off AUTOCOMBAT is just amazing, but it also requires that the player  manages more. All I can do is make a UI-element that gives you control over thi scriptCommand. In my books that is EPIC, but I also endorse BIS' endeavour to make dangerMode 'work'.

The improvements that were made to heli-landing are a dream as well. No need for me to even adjust anything, just use DEV build and watch it work!!

Gosh. What is happening? Have I been a good boy? Is this even real? How can this be real if my eyes aren"t real? So many questions.

I will have to put in some time and make it work for the update which is due TOMORROW. The new features will be available when using Dev-Build.

However the mission I'm doing only needs 1-2 out of the 30-40 players to use it. can you tell me, in what script you are defining the key-mapping? Then I will modify it.

Keep up the good work, this mod really opens up possibilities for mission makers. :coop: :dancehead:

Ah! I see you are testing an area where I am really looking for intel. You do not have to unpack the mission to change the flexible keybinds - for that, just hit ESC, then:

Configure->Controls-> Customize Addons. Select C2 and change the keybinds.

Some stuff is non negotiable, as the use of CTRL and the Mouse Buttons. I wish CBA did Mouse data as well. Also, the non-CBA binds are scattered all over the place, best to use AgentRansack to find added Ui-Eventhandlers.

Will you incorporate 360* defence,as in Advanced Command System?  Even if that could be used at same time,I want it to be up to x3 times larger and be able to make them hide from sight.

Some way to use a cammo-net,putting it very low to the ground,like a Sniper-hide,almost.  

What about making a helicopter sling-load something?   Fly a Search-pattern,with a search light.?  Hoist

someone?

• Like 1

Will you incorporate 360* defence,as in Advanced Command System?  Even if that could be used at same time,I want it to be up to x3 times larger and be able to make them hide from sight.

Some way to use a cammo-net,putting it very low to the ground,like a Sniper-hide,almost.  

What about making a helicopter sling-load something?   Fly a Search-pattern,with a search light.?  Hoist

someone?

Don't get me wrong: These are, imo, situation-specific actions. A 360 security after disembarking from a chopper - that's not so hard. But let's say you are on the ground. Then it becomes a bit more abstract and you start making human decisions that modify a perfect circle with perfect spacing into something that considers obstacles, buildings etc. If you write a dynamic system, you either can think of ALL the things that could possibly happen, and make it work. If you leave something out, you end up with something that doesn't work or looks ultra-goofy because the script does not know any better. Anyways, personal actions require a lot of these variables.

I am not remotely done with the 'general' aspects, so individual actions are not a priority.

Meaning the stuff that you can do with x-6-x (AI actions) will not make heavy appearances soon. I do want to take care of that at some point, but it has to make more sense than what the game has to offer. I didn't even build a function library yet as things are still just an advanced layout.

If your taking requests a "Fire on My Lead" command would be most awesome

I don't know what exactly that may me, but here's the good news: Tomorrow's update contains a remote Grenade-launcher function. Right now it's only GR-launchers, but my plan is to include AT-launchers too. Basically, if you remember this - tadaa, that's it. Works exactly like supression, but with your GTI-grenade key (default H). Remote-grenade is activated when you have units selected in A3, if selection is empty you will throw a GTI grenade. Only works with units that have a GR-launcher. If multiple units are selected, unit with a shot on target gets preffered. So if in doubt, select all units and the best one will take the shot. I GOT YOU :D

I do not want to expand this function before the update. But in the future, the script will compare weaponry with targets. So, IE, if a unit has GR-launcher and AT and theres a tank next to your indicator - well will lock to the tank and use AT. If it's a stationary car, he will use HE. But not quite yet.

Is that what you mean? Otherwise, is the suppression function not working for that?

Also more good news, I built in the new disableAI commands, works only when DEV-branch is detected.

• Like 1

Basically a Hold Fire in which your units wont open up until you take your first shot. It saves that extra keystroke needed for the critical first strike advantage.

The rest sounds pretty fantastic. Hopefully this will rectify the' AI not firing his AT at blatant tank in yo face' problem.

Any chance of a Retreat cursor with the new disable AutoCombat?

• Like 1

Basically a Hold Fire in which your units wont open up until you take your first shot. It saves that extra keystroke needed for the critical first strike advantage.

The rest sounds pretty fantastic. Hopefully this will rectify the' AI not firing his AT at blatant tank in yo face' problem.

Any chance of a Retreat cursor with the new disable AutoCombat?

Oohhh okay! I like that idea. Will find a way for that. I usually do it the other way around, I allow open fire and don't shoot until the AI does. Coz sometimes they don't shoot anyways :P

As for the retreat, I will experiment more with implementing the new commands ito C2's existing routines. The red/blue icon will come back to life after all. But for tomorrow, you have the option to enable/disable it via radial menu and it makes the world of a difference already.

Also @misterArrow1, I ended up just throwing stance controls in there too. It's not too pretty, but it works.

VERSION 1.4.2 IS OUT NOW!

D O W N L O A D:

S T E A M :
Steam_zpsin23iios.png

A R M A H O L I C:
news_download_a3_3.png

M E D I A F I R E :
mediafire100.png

REQUIREMENTS:
CBA_A3

CHANGELOG:
  • ADDED: Planning Mode Waypoints/Looking Dir Markers of single units can now be dragged with LMB in real time! (exeption: Buildings, GoCodes)
  • ADDED: Remote 40mm function. Works just as supression but with GTI-grenade key. Unit must have Gr-Launcher and sight on target. Selecting multiple units will filter a unit that has a shot.
  • ADDED: If DEV-build (or >V1.54) is detected, unit's AUTOCOMBAT can be disabled in radial menu
  • ADDED: Full stance control in radial menu
  • ADDED: Building Click in Planning Mode now also shows door locations of a clicked building (direction not accurate)
  • ADDED: Planning Mode mapcursor now shows relative direction
  • FIXED: Waypoint conditions for buildings are now reliable enough for sequences!
  • FIXED: Bug when unit finishes waypoint-session while player is extending it (Planning Mode). Lines now also behave accordingly
  • FIXED: Rejoin from reserve works correctly again
  • FIXED: Group Switch bug in campaign (player joins new group but is not leader)
  • TWEAKED: Auto_Rearm function overhauled. units can now pick up a new primary weapon. Range extended to 120m
  • TWEAKED: Color team Selection changed to RMB context menu until drag/drop bug is fixed
  • TWEAKED: Suppression indicator is more visible again
  • Manual updated

I hope you enjoy the new goodies!

• Like 1

First off, love the new update. Dragging around the waypoints in planning mode was one of my hopes.

Secondly, got a bug report for ya. When running C2 with the Eden editor, for some reason on occasion some (or all) BLUFOR units will switch over to OPFOR. Normally after I've set up a scenario and ran it, then backed out into the editor, but sometimes as soon as I run the scenario. I haven't noticed the reverse though. I've disabled all other mods except C2 and experience the issue.

A quick one ;Is it possible to make e.i use explosives on doors,or simply place it somewhere,and to hide it ?  Make it invizable to A.I?

To stand and look throug windows?   Maybe even open windows?   Use camonetts?

Btw,whats next up for this?   It works great!

Could we get marker to be placed in the editor,"Sabotage A","B" and so on? A trigger ,and when they arrive there,they get a Go Code,and tell us about it?   Something like that.

Could we be able to use "Change Loadout" or similar mods,and it detects the mod,when near a VA,it walks up to it and change the load out,to pre-made one?   Just place a marker ,use VA,make a loadout,place a script there we decide what gear?

Could we be able decide witch weapon someone uses?  Pointing and decide AT,Stinger,handgun?  Call in reinforcements? Add Groups directly from Zeus? 

Make a helicopter Sling load a car?

Give AI a mortar,or arty inside of a mission,if we forget to put it in the mission,yet play without MCC?  To decide,dependent on what mods we got,the flight height of jets of CAS?    Get CAS "Danger Close" ,when they bomb something?

Get ability to make a trigger "connected" to something,like in EDEN editor?

Just my 2 cent.tnx

Hi mad cheese. How to make  heli pilot auto hovered in place and did not react to the enemy shots? Every time I sit in the passenger seat, the pilot under my control at the first shot of the enemy begins to lower at 20-25m and converge with enemy even if I chose don`t to shoot from vanilla menu. How to prevent this attacking?

Thanks for the feedback and thanks Foxhound for the re-host!

Secondly, got a bug report for ya. When running C2 with the Eden editor, for some reason on occasion some (or all) BLUFOR units will switch over to OPFOR. Normally after I've set up a scenario and ran it, then backed out into the editor, but sometimes as soon as I run the scenario. I haven't noticed the reverse though. I've disabled all other mods except C2 and experience the issue.

ugh that sounds weird indeed. I can not recreate this issue right now because 3d editor does not work for me at all with the current dev build. But I have monitored that once you use the refresh function, all known BLUFOR units change side to UNKNOWN until I run up close. I was wondering about a massive increase of friendly units bein falsely called out as enemy by the AI, is that what happened or did the units change to OPFOR all out and engage WEST units? I don't know much about EDEN but my first guess is that in comparison with 2d editor, C2 might actually switch groups when clicking 'preview' - and therefore trigger the refresh function.

A quick one ;[...]

haha that's quite a list once again ;)

01. Breach doors: Getting the AI to execute something like this universally is not very realistic since there is no lods or whatever configured that would let the AI stack up. You can use planning mode to get an acceptable 2-man breach into a building, but that's about the best you can do. However, you can set up plans and lead, meaning you use HUD mode to stack up, planning mode for the route and then you open the door and toss a flash yourself.
02. Unit Actions in planning mode: Setting charges etc is definitely something I want to add to planning mode. It may take a while.
03. There is no command that I know of that makes AI rest their weapon. In buildings, there is a high chance the unit may look out of a window because they all face away from the building center.
04. Sabotage: I will make a much more versatile RMB-context menu  for the waypoints, but everything inside of C2 has to be universal, so no specific editor/mission/marker stuff.
05. Arsenal: This one is tricky. Arsenal is cool and it would be cool to detect it. But priority is to evolve the situational reArm function. If you mean Virtual Ammobox, then probably no.
06. Call in reinforcements: Nope. I will not give you assets of any kind, C2 is meant to only manage the ones you have.
07. Heli Slingload: Would be cool, will take a shot at this after the RMB menu is overhauled
08. Depolying mortars is very specific, but cool. Same goes for other supports, too much work for a result that's not much better than vanilla.
09. Other mods in general: I do not support them. I try to keep the functionality open enough for it to work with mods though. But no guarantees.

Hi mad cheese. How to make  heli pilot auto hovered in place and did not react to the enemy shots? Every time I sit in the passenger seat, the pilot under my control at the first shot of the enemy begins to lower at 20-25m and converge with enemy even if I chose don`t to shoot from vanilla menu. How to prevent this attacking?

It's a bit tricky. First off, in Dev build it is much less of a problem due to the recent changes that BIS made. In 1.54, your best bet is to set your pilot to hold fire, disengage and cancel target. Especially hold fire is the part that saves you from this madness. In Dev mode, you can additionally switch off Auto Danger for the pilot.

This mod improves so many things about controlling the AI — I can't play without it. Even if I only have one squad mate (e.g., in Pilgrimage), it's essential. I'm loving the latest update. The new rearm function is really awesome and I giggled like a school girl getting my AI to use their grenade launchers.

I still use the long-abandoned WW AI Menu mod for a few features and I wonder if they might fit in C2's radial menu.

- One is the ability to "unstuck" a unit. e.g., if a unit gets stuck in a building, you can get close and hit the "unstuck" button which teleports the unit out of the building (I think you have something similar).

- Another feature is the ability to order AI to turn weapon lasers/flashlights on or off and to add/remove suppressors.

- One of the most useful features, though, is the "fire on my lead" command. It basically tells the AI to hold fire until you take a shot. This is amazing for ambushes since you can assign targets and then, when you take the first shot, your AI squad mates all fire at the same time without you have to use the "Open Fire" command (again, sort of similar to what you already have, but it just tells them to hold fire).

- The feature I use most, though, is the inventory function. You select your AI and point at an ammo box or a body and hit the Inventory button and it opens the inventory dialog for that AI so you can manually give them gear and weapons.

Inventory is that not possible in vanilla through the team menu in the map ? Afair you can equip your teammates that way. Maybe there is something WW AI does better in this respect ?

- One is the ability to "unstuck" a unit. e.g., if a unit gets stuck in a building, you can get close and hit the "unstuck" button which teleports the unit out of the building (I think you have something similar).

Agreed. Most needed feature. There's just some room for exploit in there. For example, in MP you could use that to wildly teleport units, kinda like bunny hopping. Need to figure it out, there's a good solution for sure.

Another feature is the ability to order AI to turn weapon lasers/flashlights on or off and to add/remove suppressors.

Also nice. I'll find a way to do that, it could either be an option or a part of the planned extended ReArm menu. In the end I want it to show you weaponHolders and their goods within 130m of a selected unit and enable your unit to go on a tour and pick up the needed items.

One of the most useful features, though, is the "fire on my lead" command.

Sounds cool and has been brought up before. I thought it would not be so easy to script "Hold Fire" commands but will take a peak into WW. Anyways, keep in mind that you can use planning mode and the ROE in radial menu to great effect for coordinated strikes!

The feature I use most, though, is the inventory function. You select your AI and point at an ammo box or a body and hit the Inventory button and it opens the inventory dialog for that AI so you can manually give them gear and weapons.

Yeah! I am considering this as a temporary solution for an extended ReArm functionactually. I want the ReArm to be "standard" with LMB and "extended" with RMB.

Inventory is that not possible in vanilla through the team menu in the map ? Afair you can equip your teammates that way. Maybe there is something WW AI does better in this respect ?

It is, yes. BUT it's completely unreliable. The "ReArm at xxx" is sort of the same as C2's rearm, but it does not make AI pick up new weapons and is hard to predict. Picking up weapons is also available, but complicated and unreliable. You may have a soldier standing in front of an RPG and want him to pick it up. You tell him: X-6-x (pick up RPG). He starts running all over the map because the RPG in the menu is just some RPG somewhere, possibly in another galaxy :D Also is unnecessarily hard to make units reArm at a specific crate.

I'll take a look!

Thank you very very much! The mod is just amazing and already get used to it so much that can't play without it. And i have some observations and suggestions if i may:

1. Disabling autodanger is just great and helps a lot when need fast moving, but ai still stop on the move when they have a line of sight on target and start shooting. Is it possible to disable this behaviour? I mean to have some toggleable button for disable autotarget in addition to disable autodanger?

2. Go codes are super helpfull but when making some complex plan for individual units or ( my favorite ) flex formation, it is very time consuming to click on each waypoint and set it to Go code. Can you make it possible to turn a Go code before assigning waypoints so that each next assaigned waypoint would recieve the "A,B,C or D" code in advance?( this in addition to already existing system)

3. Also for time saving can you add Go code activation buttons to Quick menu HUD, so that they can be activated while player is on the move ( i mean while you visually observe the movement of your AIs)?

4. I don't know if its a bug or it suppose to be like this but after assigning slow speed waypoint in planning mode, units start moving with same slow speed after recieving waypoint in HUD mode. And anyway would be great to control speed of teammates when assigning waypoints in HUD mode, because this makes them move almost like in tactical formations towards their waypoint. ( maybe Ctrl+RMB - for fast movement and Ctrl+LMB - for slow movement)

5. Concerning HUD mode, would be just awesome to have some kind of button to activate "remember last formation" mode, so that it would not be necessary to scroll through all possible formations every time before giving new waypoint with same formations. Or by using Shift+F for activating a desired formation.

Thank you in advance and once more - thank you for your hard work with this amazing mod.

ugh that sounds weird indeed. I can not recreate this issue right now because 3d editor does not work for me at all with the current dev build. But I have monitored that once you use the refresh function, all known BLUFOR units change side to UNKNOWN until I run up close. I was wondering about a massive increase of friendly units bein falsely called out as enemy by the AI, is that what happened or did the units change to OPFOR all out and engage WEST units? I don't know much about EDEN but my first guess is that in comparison with 2d editor, C2 might actually switch groups when clicking 'preview' - and therefore trigger the refresh function.

That has to be a what's happening. Nine times out of ten it's just your squad that gets switched, but sometimes it's all BLUFOR turning traitor. Happens right when you press preview to.

That has to be a what's happening. Nine times out of ten it's just your squad that gets switched, but sometimes it's all BLUFOR turning traitor. Happens right when you press preview to.

Is it still happening? I can not recreate it with today's dev-build. The issue with refresh is not related, although I have to say thanks because it actually made me aware of sometheing rather strange.. The refresh function resets all of your group's knowsAbout values to 0 (!!!). Which is due to the group being reassembled -  but this has always been impossible or has it not? Anyways, I have to fix this but let me know if you still experience the issue you reported. You said you had all mods but C2 disabled, may I ask if you ran the game 'vanilla-dev' as well to see if it still occurs?

Is it still happening? I can not recreate it with today's dev-build. The issue with refresh is not related, although I have to say thanks because it actually made me aware of sometheing rather strange.. The refresh function resets all of your group's knowsAbout values to 0 (!!!). Which is due to the group being reassembled -  but this has always been impossible or has it not? Anyways, I have to fix this but let me know if you still experience the issue you reported. You said you had all mods but C2 disabled, may I ask if you ran the game 'vanilla-dev' as well to see if it still occurs?

Well some good news is I can't recreate it either. Just did some quick testing and didn't notice any issues. So I guess something they did must of fixed it, I'll let you know if I run into it again. Looks like they also fixed some other bugs I was having with Eden, which is also good.

Thank you very very much! The mod is just amazing and already get used to it so much that can't play without it. And i have some observations and suggestions if i may:

1. Disabling autodanger is just great and helps a lot when need fast moving, but ai still stop on the move when they have a line of sight on target and start shooting. Is it possible to disable this behaviour? I mean to have some toggleable button for disable autotarget in addition to disable autodanger?

2. Go codes are super helpfull but when making some complex plan for individual units or ( my favorite ) flex formation, it is very time consuming to click on each waypoint and set it to Go code. Can you make it possible to turn a Go code before assigning waypoints so that each next assaigned waypoint would recieve the "A,B,C or D" code in advance?( this in addition to already existing system)

3. Also for time saving can you add Go code activation buttons to Quick menu HUD, so that they can be activated while player is on the move ( i mean while you visually observe the movement of your AIs)?

4. I don't know if its a bug or it suppose to be like this but after assigning slow speed waypoint in planning mode, units start moving with same slow speed after recieving waypoint in HUD mode. And anyway would be great to control speed of teammates when assigning waypoints in HUD mode, because this makes them move almost like in tactical formations towards their waypoint. ( maybe Ctrl+RMB - for fast movement and Ctrl+LMB - for slow movement)

5. Concerning HUD mode, would be just awesome to have some kind of button to activate "remember last formation" mode, so that it would not be necessary to scroll through all possible formations every time before giving new waypoint with same formations. Or by using Shift+F for activating a desired formation.

Thank you in advance and once more - thank you for your hard work with this amazing mod.

I love these points man, they look like they come straight out of my notebook :)

01. Auto Danger is new, I hope they make some tweaks to AWARE mode now. However, I think at this point it makes more sense to create new "routines" for C2 that can bundle all the good good commands for quick access. Right now, 'to help the situation you can set the unit to hold fire, disengage and set it's ROE to FOT. It's kinda the same thing but you have to do it manually.

02. Yes, yes and Yes.

03. Another Yes, it bothers me too. I will have to clutter up that menu there's no more way around it. Maybe I have to change the design into something more pracitcal and less pretty.

04. Not supposed to happen, but I have seen it too. It's not a 'feature'though ;)

05. I might include that in the radial, just as the NUMPAD toggle. It's best to have both option,s mostly you use the Lines but then sometimes you need something specific.

I am making some progress with the interactions, which is something that I held off for a while since there is other mod's that do this. I'm working on a interaction key - the windows key. Rings a bell? Yup. If you are not running ACE3 it will bring up a mini interface. If you are running ACE3 the items will be added to the ACE menu. Meaning same key, regardless if you run ACE or not and if you do, I assume you prefer that menu. We may be able to get different re_Arm interactions for example. Player access unit, unit access object. I'm just testing stuff out to rinse out what works best.

• Like 1

Hi Mad Cheese,

I am a huge fan of this mod, and fully respect the work and effort that's gone into this. I have followed this pretty much since v1 - I've said it before - this mod makes single player actually playable :) There was an old (and really cool) game on the PS1 called Freedom Fighters that used a similar UI for squad movement (I'm sure there were others too), so it's great to see in ARMA.

I have several ideas that I think may have some mileage, but I am also aware that you probably also have a roadmap for this, and so I don't want to bombard you with feature requests. I thought I'd share this idea however, see what you think...

Just wondering if you had any plans to develop a function that would allow a user to re-size the tablet view. Currently the view, specifically the map view, is rectangular, which is all good. But perhaps a squarer map-view may also be useful for certain situations and scenarios.

Would it be possible to offer the user/player the choice of having the layout as it is, or having the entire button interface pushed to the left or right of the screen instead?

Either that, or something that could compress the button sizes in the interface bar at the bottom, freeing up more map-real-estate (which is after all the centrepiece of this cool feature).

Having had some experience with application UX/UI in my day job, I thought I'd throw that into the mix for potential consideration in future.

Cheers dude

P.s. Keep up the great work on the vids too... Very enjoyable. Your grilling of certain AI troublemakers in your squads makes me chuckle...

• Like 1