Thanks for conveniently ignoring my question!  :P

No matters, I peeked inside and saw it does indeed setSkill to 1 so Im guessing to better allow them to play out your schemes. The reason I ask is because I really like to lower all skills across the board all the while using C2 as well.

In short. Im greedy.

LOL sorry mate, i forgot about that one :ph34r:

You already pointed out the answer. I did max it out because the skills have a dramatic impact on C2's performance. Just fixed it for the update though (release tomorrow),  a bolean in the init.sqf can be used to turn it off

MCSS_C2_ADJUSTSKILL = false;

Thanks for the report!

Version 1.4.1 is out now!

D O W N L O A D:

S T E A M :

Steam_zpsin23iios.png

A R M A H O L I C:

news_download_a3_3.png

M E D I A F I R E :

mediafire100.png

W I T H S I X :

banner-420x120.png

REQUIREMENTS:

CBA_A3

Changelog:

• ADDED: BuildingPos support for Planning Mode, including visualization of building positions (see updated manual)
  • ADDED: Doorkickers style Go-Codes to Planning Mode (right click on waypoint, send order by tablet buttons)
  • ADDED: New 3d unit-selection.  CTRL+RMB on unit to select in A3, CTRL+ALT+RMB on unit for HUD selection
  • ADDED: Simple AI rearm function added to radial menu
  • FIXED: Drivers no longer get out of vehicle when player is commander in planning mode
  • FIXED: Pilot now stays reactive when dismounting after final landing
  • FIXED: When not on foot, HUD-indicators don't snap to player's vehicle anymore
  • FIXED: Issue with force tracker markers hopefully fixed
  • TWEAKED: HUD-mode selection changed to CBA keybinds for more customability
  • TWEAKED: Mapline system completely reworked to be flexible
  • TWEAKED: Tablet markers changed to dots for less clutter
  • TWEAKED: Tablet interface can now also be closed via it's keybind
  • TWEAKED: Maxed out AI skill can now be toggled off in init.sqf (MCSS_C2_ADJUSTSKILL = false;)
  • TWEAKED: Manual updated with pictures, hopefully for better understanding.

• Like 3

Nice video! Thanks

Lol at "You can send building into..."

Thank you Fox! Never not working this fox <3.

Lol at "You can send building into..."

haha yeah i was lucky i got that one, sometimes I say these things and don't even realize :D

icon-comment.gif   2016-01-03 23:47   Posted by Ghost77788        

Hey i just saw your 1.4.1 video and it really looks good, i do have a suggestion that units on the first floor have a small "+" sign next to their number to make it clear that they are higher then other units and for other floors just add another +.

Also couldnt you add a parameter to check which ground position is closest to the units current location and select that instead of always position 0.

But all in all it really looks great.

icon-comment.gif   2016-01-04 00:07   Posted by Ghost77788        

Sorry back again i found this in a post about closing doors in a area and it had this in the script:

_doorPos = _building selectionPosition (format ["Door_%1_trigger", _doorNum]);

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170813-arma-3-close-doors-in-radius/

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/selectionPosition

hope it helps to visualize the door positions in the interface.

You, Sir, are a coding GOD !  Well done.  I especially LOVE the rearming !

• Like 1

Since you mentioned another update; Would it be possible to have a feature that will make AT Soldiers and Grenadiers fire their launchers at a specific target like a building or something of the sort? I imagined it would work the same way as the suppressive fire ability in C2.

Cool new stuff, this mod (and your skills) are advancing with lightspeed!

• Like 1

Hi and thank you for this wonderful control mod!
I am having trouble getting started after reading the manuals and watching the videos. The tablet and menus work fine.
But HUD mode seems to occupy my numpad keys (in use by ACE and others). And when I use the numpad keys the hud formations appear, but are never "commited". How do I assign them to other keys than numpad? They dont seem to be in the addon controls menu. 

Hi and thank you for this wonderful control mod!

I am having trouble getting started after reading the manuals and watching the videos. The tablet and menus work fine.

But HUD mode seems to occupy my numpad keys (in use by ACE and others). And when I use the numpad keys the hud formations appear, but are never "commited". How do I assign them to other keys than numpad? They dont seem to be in the addon controls menu. 

I`ve got the same problem with it.Could you hard-code it for us? Just put a key in there...great help for us to make it work.   

Hey! 

the numpad is a feature that i use personally, but maybe you don't like it. it's, to be honest, not so feasible anymore as it was just one of my attempts to get the player to the desired result faster. You still have to commit the order with CTRL + RMB and now that you bring it up, I feel really stupid. Because NumPad 5 is free and I could totally use it to commit.

Having said that, you can toggle the feature on and off. If you bring up the radial menu (CAPSLOCK), there's a little green numbed icon above the group name, center menu. Click its it becomes grey and NUMPAD is back to the way it was. This is stored in your profile, so you the changes stay persistent between missions and game starts :D

• Like 1

Thank you, that helped. Why didnt I see ctrl+rmb... And now with the numpad working I can get going

• Like 1

This is really just fantastic MadCheese. The Go codes and the interior position ordering is something Ive craved in Arma for ,well forever. Really hope BI take note and consider adding this by way of recruiting you for the next expansion. Currently playing thru the official campaign and the lack of building use is just such a waste of adding a whole new dimension for fighting -for some reason they chose underwater instead. At the very lease give proper 3d scale accuracy of the building icon on the map with door and stairs placed accordingly.

Anyways great job man -still a blast having my own AI use the buildings.The Rearm is also a nicely added feature.

Thanks for the nice feedback you guys, I am really happy it is being well received and there's been no major bug reports yet.

Since you mentioned another update; Would it be possible to have a feature that will make AT Soldiers and Grenadiers fire their launchers at a specific target like a building or something of the sort? I imagined it would work the same way as the suppressive fire ability in C2.

I have it in the back of my head ;) i'm not clear on how to make that accessible though, i hesitate to make more key binds or CTRL/SHIFT layers.

Cool new stuff, this mod (and your skills) are advancing with lightspeed!

thank you sir! you're one of the greats!

This is really just fantastic MadCheese. The Go codes and the interior position ordering is something Ive craved in Arma for ,well forever. Really hope BI take note and consider adding this by way of recruiting you for the next expansion. Currently playing thru the official campaign and the lack of building use is just such a waste of adding a whole new dimension for fighting -for some reason they chose underwater instead. At the very lease give proper 3d scale accuracy of the building icon on the map with door and stairs placed accordingly.

Anyways great job man -still a blast having my own AI use the buildings.The Rearm is also a nicely added feature.

Hahaha - thank you man. While I am flattered and must say I'd love to get involved in making this game stronger, on the other hand I don't feel especially qualified. I'm not a dev... I'm in the music biz in real life, it's very common to have production teams where one guy is in touch with the scene and the other is a perfectly effective technical pro with the actual studio gear. I'm the first guy - it may not be overlooked that I benefit of the work that others have done. I don't wanna be the type who forgets that. Zapat - now that man is a different story.

I've just watched your video about the latest update, and I am totally amazed. I should probably go to bed now, but I have to try it out before!

• Like 1

Awesome! You should add a feature in the quick menu that allows you to change the selected units stance much like the AI auto stance, but 3 little stance symbols. This would be useful if i have a squad crouched behind a barrier suddenly take heavy fire and you need them to prone quickly and get out of sight. It would either add more clutter to the menu or add a new feature alot of people would use, might as well try it.  ;)

Mad_cheese regarding my question about limit who can use C2. What I really want is not to have pre-set controls, some-of the controls overlap commonly used keys, so instead of each player in my unit have to rebind, then just set them blank to start with (or at-least have the option to do so[editor modules?]).

You should add a feature in the quick menu that allows you to change the selected units stance much like the AI auto stance, but 3 little stance symbols. It would either add more clutter to the menu or add a new feature alot of people would use, might as well try it.  ;)

This has been on the to do list for quite some time. I am debating how to implement though.. It's not just the stance buttons, it's all the other stuff that I would like to put into the radial menu - I am not sure how to organize them yet. My thought is that radial menu actually needs the same unit selector buttons as planning mode before stances and other details would be efficient that's not gonna require a lot of tweaks :D

Mad_cheese regarding my question about limit who can use C2. What I really want is not to have pre-set controls, some-of the controls overlap commonly used keys, so instead of each player in my unit have to rebind, then just set them blank to start with (or at-least have the option to do so[editor modules?]).

This is something where I really can not win: If I pre-map the controls, clashes are going to happen 100%. Then again, if I don't map them at all, it does not work= from the beginning and many don't want to go through the hassle. There's no way to make everybody happy, so my best move was to pre-map all controls and let you re-map most of them since they are customizable. I am totally aware of the clashes, I personally changed my Arma3 mapping accordingly. I did my best to keep it as customizable as possible, within the limitations of the game/my knowledge.

• Like 1

What are you going to be able to do with the new dev command enableai "AUTOCOMBAT" ?