Does this req Extended Eventhandlers?  Could that be in the download?

Wow, this is so cool. Would be incredible if we can use this for mission making (recording position's so we can activate the positions for a waypoint in the editor), not sure if it's possible though.

Wow, this is so cool. Would be incredible if we can use this for mission making (recording position's so we can activate the positions for a waypoint in the editor), not sure if it's possible though.

Thank you. I was thinking about the same thing - it is definitely possible. It's really only one function you would have to take from C2, the real challenge would be to write up a little interface that facilitates your editing process.. Unless you want to deal with the metric shitton of copy/pasting etc. If you want to do that you can PM me any time you need information about variables/names or illogical script structures. :)

Cas to get incorporated into this?

Does this req Extended Eventhandlers? Could that be in the download?

CAS.. meh. I'm trying to focus on the general squad things but I do want to maybe add an option to select radio- and support- menu items that are available to the player, as an alternative to the default keybind massacre.

It does require extended eventhandlers, I can see if I'm allowed to include CBA in the download but really I think everyone has it anyways and it's just a bit of dead weight.

Thank you. I was thinking about the same thing - it is definitely possible. It's really only one function you would have to take from C2, the real challenge would be to write up a little interface that facilitates your editing process.. Unless you want to deal with the metric shitton of copy/pasting etc. If you want to do that you can PM me any time you need information about variables/names or illogical script structures. :)

That sounds like it could really work :D

The way I had it in my head would be to place the units were you want in the 3d hud or planner and press a copy button of some sort that copies those positions for each unit. Then alt-tab to a notepad and paste it. Then in the editor on the activation for the waypoint execute a script that has those positions for each unit that you just copied. Beyond that would be way out of my expertise. 

How much of that isn't already doable by Eden though??

I haven't used Eden yet (waiting for it to release on stable), but I don't imagine you can set a waypoint to a building and have each unit take specific positions.

I haven't used Eden yet (waiting for it to release on stable), but I don't imagine you can set a waypoint to a building and have each unit take specific positions.

You can do that in the regular editor now. When you place a waypoint over a building, you get the option to have them move to a specific spot in the building.

You can do that in the regular editor now. When you place a waypoint over a building, you get the option to have them move to a specific spot in the building.

For each unit in a group, though? My experience has been the leader goes to the one you select, then everyone else goes to a random spot.

For each unit in a group, though? My experience has been the leader goes to the one you select, then everyone else goes to a random spot.

Just tried it and that's what's happening. Gotta say, I used EDEN for the first time and it's pretty much slick as Rick.

I'd say your best bet is making a tool to get the data from Planning Mode, then combine that with a function to send units to buildings seperately. You could get the buildingposes using HUD mode but it's not ideal to be honest, there's better ways to get what you need quickly.

When I was into mission making, I had a little tool to get the data for custom patrol functions, if I ever get back into it, Ill definitely work it into that.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm making good progress with my current roadmap, new branch should be available during the weekend.

Good news:  

I am overhauling the controls and managed to FINALLY liberate them from the CTRL key, so no more freakish-contortionist-ninja-gangsign-grabs as key binds. 

Bad news:    

I can not promise that key binds will stay stable until I find the best option.

Making my own little private MOD in which all battles are judged stat wise and awards and penalties are given depending on how you lead AI - so this MOD has pretty much become essential and now 2nd nature.

The only thing that really kills tactical planning is the games inability to free AI units from the shackling Auto Danger mode and let us freely place units where we need during battlevwithout them constantly stopping and turning toward the enemy. It's maddening really and a showstopper in terms of properly placing units during battle.

Devs said they working on it but then went dark....here's hoping....

• Like 1

Making my own little private MOD in which all battles are judged stat wise and awards and penalties are given depending on how you lead AI - so this MOD has pretty much become essential and now 2nd nature.

The only thing that really kills tactical planning is the games inability to free AI units from the shackling Auto Danger mode and let us freely place units where we need during battlevwithout them constantly stopping and turning toward the enemy. It's maddening really and a showstopper in terms of properly placing units during battle.

Devs said they working on it but then went dark....here's hoping....

yep. believe me, it's the boss of all evils. that one thing I can't shake no matter what I do. I can not afford to give up hope, I asked Oukej about it recently and BIS responded by confirming that it's still a hot topic and, asking the community for a bit more patience. I see how priorities may not lie on this issue at the given time, so once things cool down with Nexus/Eden and all that, I will be waiting.

UPDATED RELEASE TO VERSION 1.3.2

I am so happy with this, no more action menu clipping and much easier keybinds for HUD mode due to liberation of CTRL key  :wub:

DOWNLOAD:

STEAM:

Steam_zpsin23iios.png

MEDIAFIRE:

mediafire100.png

ARMAHOLIC:

news_download_a3_3.png

WITHSIX:

banner-420x120.png

REQUIREMENTS:

CBA_A3

Changelog:

- Controls: Controls to adjust the HUD-mode formation are now liberated of the CTRL key

- Fixed: Action menu is now disabled while using menus

- Fixed: Scroll wheel in HUD mode could go in wrong direction

- Fixed: All tablet controls toggle on and off correctly

- Fixed: Mapline bug when unit completes orders while new plans are made

- Changed: Keybind for Formation menu change from Shift+F to Ctrl+F to avoid sprinting issues

* Changes in HUD mode controls:

* Change Spacing: C2_Ctrl + MouseWheel

* Change Formation: C2_Shift + Mousewheel (or

* Change Stance: C2_ALT + MouseWheel

* Scroll speed is now depending on actual mouse scroll speed

• Like 2

Hi,

thanks for fixing the "little things" and the new update, ultimately that starts growing into a pro tool.  :)

For information:

I do not know if you are aware that PWS still uses the old designation "@ASM" instead of "@C2" for your mod.
I guess, one will be confused, if one want to start, or is searching the mod.

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 1

- Controls: Controls to adjust the HUD-mode formation are now liberated of the CTRL key

The planet's have aligned! Praise Mad Cheese!

• Like 2

Thanks for checking and the kind words guys! I'm really looking for any feedback about the control layout, no matter how subjective.

Once the controls are better I can tackle my phantasies, which are bounding box adaptation in HUD mode and draw-formation in planning mode and maybe UAV support.

What is"bounding box adaptation in HUD mode and draw-formation in planning mode"?  Sound very interresting ....draw formation?

THANKS FOR 6K SUBSCRIBERS ON STEAM!  :m:

What is"bounding box adaptation in HUD mode and draw-formation in planning mode"?  Sound very interresting ....draw formation?

I am bad at giving better names to these things. BoundingBox support (HUD mode) would mean that you could use any object as cover that can be returned by the cursorTarget command. So, as with the buildings, you hopefully will dump the indicators on an object which will distribute the indicators around the object on ground level, according to your set spacing. I'm planning to have it work with buildings to if you point at a height lower than 1.5m, then above that switch to the second floor etc.

Drawing a formation (Planning Mode) would be best described as a low budget version of Zapat's rubber function ( without the actual rubber lol) just for use with the table map. Drawing a line on the map that distributes units with a semi smart system will do the job fine as the map in A3 is not exactly precise anyways.

• Like 2

They somehow made those way point markers in Eden snap to the proper floor no problem which perhaps can help? So this cursortarget would allow cover placement behind dynamic vehicles and such?

One thing I liked bout Crysis editor was ability to plant your own cover nodes tho it had to be before mission launched

They do a bunch of really cool stuff in EDEN that I would love to understand better. Karel was so happy in the stream about the gun-on-table-on-tower and it goes way beyond simple bounding box checks. Since it will be all mod friendly, I hope they will add a nice little function to their library or make it otherwise accessible.