Could it auto-generate s whole group as a stand-by re-inforcement unit?  This is Awsome!

Yes, you can disband units into new groups while the new group will still carry out whatever orders the leader (hoever you selected first) has. If you are synchronized to a HC module, the new group will be accessible in HC. You can later join the units back, at the moment it's all or nothing but I want to have a managing system for that at some point.

Maybe I'm dense, but how do I get the guys to move in 3D HUD feature? I can get the little disc icons to appear, but how do you tell them to move that location? I did read the manual and the watched the youtube videos. I also pressed every key on my keyboard and already looked in the configuration menu for a key to bind. I feel stupid.

You send them there with CTRL + RMB. The controls definitely need some practice but once you got it, it's cake ;)

Will they move in cars and travel too?Not by waypoint,but randomly by using the roadsystem?   That way ,we could move assets around, :D.

Could you add a timer ,that moves let`s say ,AA-units around the map,randomly,with a set timer when they stop,set-up and move on?

Just played around with it. Awesome update! All the cool features that were borken in the last one have been fixed. Suppression works great now, and the new formation mode is really easy. The ability to disband groups into seprate HC units and then rejoin them is absoutly amazing. Love the new pop-up menu as well. Great work!

• Like 2

Congrat on the realese. Good improvements there.

One suggestion though.  Could xou consider to use createDisplay instead of CreateDialog because the inability to walk is realy annoying.

Thanks for your work.

Thank you so much i've been waiting for it since Friday!))  :bounce3:  Unfortunatly not working on the dev-branch and i can't switch to stable(( Oh my :frown:

On another topic, I got the 3D hud working. The CTRL + RMB is kinda a weird combo, it would be nice if we could change it (I guess I could just unpack the mod and change it myself, but whatever). I found out pretty quickly that the HUD is hard to use when trying to position a men on say the roof of a building, but that it probably more limit of Arma than a limit of the mod.

Kinda reminds me of Full Spectrum Warrior meets Arma. Anyone remember those games?

@mad_cheese

I see you fixed suppression, but I have a weird suggestion. I used the broken suppression to quickly point my AI to watch a direction. It was actually kinda a feature. I used it so much, that I was taken back when my guy started shoot, and realized "Oh yeah, that's what it was suppose to do."

@mad_cheese

I see you fixed suppression, but I have a weird suggestion. I used the broken suppression to quickly point my AI to watch a direction. It was actually kinda a feature. I used it so much, that I was taken back when my guy started shoot, and realized "Oh yeah, that's what it was suppose to do."

An interesting thing to bring up. There's a vanilla "Watch Direction" feature, in-case you weren't aware. I'll add on a related note, though, that it took a little while for me to figure out the little arrow inside the first visual indicator in HUD Mode. Even after the penny dropped, it's still a somewhat awkward way of representing what it does as it only properly shows you what direction they'll face before you start to spin the formation around.

Unrelated: did you ever play Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, mad_cheese?

Excellent mod man; presses a lot of my buttons  :P Hope you get a lot of satisfaction from making it all happen.

Will they move in cars and travel too?Not by waypoint,but randomly by using the roadsystem?   That way ,we could move assets around, :D.

Could you add a timer ,that moves let`s say ,AA-units around the map,randomly,with a set timer when they stop,set-up and move on?

Uhm I am not sure what you mean. You can totally use vehicles but the idea is only that you can pre-plan and execute where the units will go, so yes you need to set the waypoints. I do not think that me moving units of your group randomly is something that you will like. But you can send an AA unit somewhere and tell it how long to wait there, isn't that what you want?

One suggestion though.  Could xou consider to use createDisplay instead of CreateDialog because the inability to walk is realy annoying.

that sounds great because I tried and didn't get it to work, I will contact you about that as soon as i have a little time :]

Thank you so much i've been waiting for it since Friday!))  :bounce3:  Unfortunatly not working on the dev-branch and i can't switch to stable(( Oh my :frown:

I was not aware of this and will look into it, thanks for reporting.

On another topic, I got the 3D hud working. The CTRL + RMB is kinda a weird combo, it would be nice if we could change it (I guess I could just unpack the mod and change it myself, but whatever). I found out pretty quickly that the HUD is hard to use when trying to position a men on say the roof of a building, but that it probably more limit of Arma than a limit of the mod.

Kinda reminds me of Full Spectrum Warrior meets Arma. Anyone remember those games?

Arma3 is a weird game now innit. That's why we need weird key combos, so that the weird thing can be bypassed where you can override key-functionalities but not mouse-functionalities and then again the CTRL key bypasses them if you are lucky. did that sound insane? i hope it did because it tears my brains out. Then, CBA does not let you configure mouse-binds, so yes the key combos are weird but a compromise between functionality, trickery, access and A3 default bindings. I actually considered them very carefully and no matter what I have, it will not suit everybody and customization has it's limits. I am quite frustrated with that myself. 

Units not going to a roof - I haven't figured out why it can happen. For around 5% of buildings,  the AI refuses to enter with C2 but default A3 commands still work, it's like dark magic.

About looking direction: I am working on a system to manage looking directions and auto-stance, but at the moment whenever you send a single unit somewhere with HUD mode, the unit will look in that direction. Planning mode also offers this feature and now it actually works lol. Off course A3 also offers this function, select the unit, hold ALT and I believe press MMB.

And yeah, full spectrum warrior was the blueprint for HUD mode and I am hoping to include more of it's impeccable functionality. I am still dazzled by how reactive that was.

[…] that it took a little while for me to figure out the little arrow inside the first visual indicator in HUD Mode. Even after the penny dropped, it's still a somewhat awkward way of representing what it does as it only properly shows you what direction they'll face before you start to spin the formation around.

Unrelated: did you ever play Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, mad_cheese?

ha! well this is one of the quirky things that bother me too. I will have to change the icons for that and make them more specific and understandable, because in all honestly sometimes I really need to think to anticipate the correct result. The little arrow is supposed to represent the direction in which the units will cover a sector. So if you set 3 units in a line formation looking straight at 0 degrees of your position with the arrow pointing right, you will have unit1 looking north, unit two looking west, unit three looking south, because they are distributed over a 180 degree axis. Now if the arrow was pointing to the left, unit 2 would be facing west but the rest would be the same. 

You are also right that once you spin the formation around, you need to remember that the orientation will be relative to the formation direction, not where you are looking.

Oh yeah and I did play Brothers In Arms, great game! Same as in FSW, the AI has great abilities to adapt to the environment

If you are synchronized to a HC module, the new group will be accessible in HC.

Why not create your own ?

if (isNil YourTag_HC_Commander) then {YourTag_HC_Commander = _group createUnit ["HighCommand", [0, 0, 0], [], 0, "NONE"]};
if (isNil YourTag_HC_Subordinate) then {YourTag_HC_Subordinate = _group createUnit ["HighCommandSubordinate", [0, 0, 0], [], 0, "NONE"]};

Then use hcSetGroup to link your newly created group to the subordinate module. I've implemented that system recently in my custom formations project (WIP) and it seems to work quite well so far. Dont forget to delete the modules when you have no subordinate group otherwise you'll give the player control over all units of his side.

I concur. Not only would you be able to move when using the tablet, but you could still have access to the game's units selection (F keys) and most of the commanding menus, what could improve user-friendliness a lot imo. You'll have to use a slightly different syntax with createDisplay, but the benefits are obvious.

Best regards,

No,I meant if I tell them to,will they use random roads,go to...nearest road,then next Wp will be at destination?

I tested on dev branch yesterday and had no problem.. what's the issue?

Why not create your own (HC module)?

(CreateDisplay) I concur. Not only would you be able to move when using the tablet, but you could still have access to the game's units selection (F keys) and most of the commanding menus, what could improve user-friendliness a lot imo. You'll have to use a slightly different syntax with createDisplay, but the benefits are obvious.

I did try that yesterday in one of the more tedious copy and pasting massacres of my recent past. :)

FINALLY, I was under the impression that I could not do it for a long time. It's really neat, especially in the small menus, but I have problems with the tablet, it's there but the map click stuff does not work anymore.

No,I meant if I tell them to,will they use random roads,go to...nearest road,then next Wp will be at destination?

I am still not sure what you mean but anything random is.. let's say not ideal ;) You set every waypoint, with a timer if you like, the magic being that you only have to do it once before the unit starts moving, where before you had to set a wp at a good spot, then wait and send the unit to another spot.

Nevermind Mad_cheese, tested on today's dev-branch and no issues were found. Thank you for amazing mod! Is there any way to select all units at once in planned mode?

Would love a more detailed video review of Planned mode -  Mode I'm trying to learn mostly -   Spacing set to 4 (is that feet apart?, I assume).

Nevermind Mad_cheese, tested on today's dev-branch and no issues were found. Thank you for amazing mod! Is there any way to select all units at once in planned mode?

Not at the moment, but you can select color teams. I will make some additions there, good point.

Would love a more detailed video review of Planned mode -  Mode I'm trying to learn mostly -   Spacing set to 4 (is that feet apart?, I assume).

That would be a spacing distance in meters. Most of the info is scattered overt the three tutorial videos, I want to make a new one at some point, all in one.

Seen it?  CAS module.

uhm.. I am not sure if I get it but it does look great ;)

Hi mad_cheese,

let me thank you one more time for this exellent job.

Based on the experiences from these project I think I am right in saying that your work is one of a kind.

The actual possibilities of tactical movement are on a new level, because I am able to surprise the enemy in a way that he can't react sometimes.

I want not compare your work with the great Full Spectrum Warrior Interface, but YES, you brought it back in game.

One last word and a piece of advice to all users:

Use it!

It´s the best way for understanding the intention and  all the great possibilities for the practical use.

Great job mate and keep it up!!!!  :)

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 1

@MCLupo Thank You Sir, that really means the world to hear that :)

FSW's hud was amazing, although the whole game was kinda layed out towards moving from a to b and I'm afraid that without the extreme boundaries of a game like that you can only get so close. But it's getting better, and in that respect:

QUICK UPDATE TO VERSION 1.3.1!

STEAM:

Steam.png

MEDIAFIRE:

mediafire100.png

ARMAHOLIC:

news_download_a3_3.png

WITH SIX:

banner-420x120.png

Changelog:

• Switched dialogs to displays, player can now walk while using menues. Note: Formation key has to be initialized by using it once
  • Added: HUD mode units can be selected via RMB on teamcolors in radial menu for much quicker access
  • Added: All units can be selected/deselected in radial menu (purple)
  • Fixed: After executing orders, undo button gets removed now to prevent errors
  • Tweaked: GTI Grenade system from radial menu: click on grenade, drag pointer to target, let go of TAB key
  • Changed: Radial Menu Keybind from U to TAB
  • Changed: Tablet Keybind from DEL to SHIFT + TAB

• Like 2

Hi,
thanks for the update, also for your effort and the continuous improvement and adaptation.

I choose addons/mods very carefully, true to the motto "less is more" and so only one was always in use; the TPW-Mod, but now there are two.  :) 
I am convinced in all aspects of your work.

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 1

Really really impressive, nice job on this ;). I wonder if it's possible to have this kind of control in zeus ?

Really really impressive, nice job on this ;). I wonder if it's possible to have this kind of control in zeus ?

It is! there's a catch though, ZEUS actually has to be a player, meaning that the interface has to be forced off. Then, CTRL+SHIFT+LMB gives you control of the remote unit. Shift + Y gets you back to ZEUS/your player unit

Whats the default key now since update to call up Planning mode? use to be DEL or End key.  Now I can't get it to show up  (also, since when as A3 not allowed one to configure while in mission preview within editor?? Use to be able to. Can't now).

Whats the default key now since update to call up Planning mode? use to be DEL or End key.  Now I can't get it to show up  (also, since when as A3 not allowed one to configure while in mission preview within editor?? Use to be able to. Can't now).

The new keybinds are TAB for menu, Shift+TAB for tablet (Planning Mode). As for you not getting the CBA key-configs show up when you're in the editor.. I have no idea what that's about, works for me :s