I think I saw a post on here somewhere on how to sync waypoints together in the planner tab. Can't for the life of me find it??? anyone got any ideas, unless I'm imagining it???

Hey mate -nice addon! i wanted to ask ,is it possible to make a small addon that gives more control over an AI pilot? What i mean is like in this mission https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176755778 

Here you can sit in the gunner seat and easily use the action wheel to tell  the pilot to increase/decrease height ,circle an area,land etc.Because in the vanilla game having an AI gunship pilot is usless when he wont go up or down etc.I can't contact the guy who made this to find out how he did it  so i thought this might be something that would compliment your addon?

Thanks again.

Can you make someway to choose ordering the pilot to fly below-treetop level? Maybe add a 2:nd chooper to take out tanks ahead of the main force? Suppresion with mingun during insertion?  Setting up AA-defence team with insertion?

There's something fishy going on here. Please try another mission to see if the issue continues, what other add ons are you running?

For the Radial Menu, remember you need to select units before. 

Press ALT while putting down WP's if you are inside of the vehicle you are trying to command. On that note apologies to all, I will fix the manual ASAP, I am positively overwhelmed by the amount of response.

• I do not know of a timed grenade that attracts humans (yet).
  • An orbit function for helicopters, or better yet the ability to create loops, is on top of the list :)
  • Access to 203's or rocket launchers and choose ammunition is somewhat planned but more tricky than I expected.
  • Underwater, hey I never even gave that a go. My guess is that it works but you won't be able to send them UNDER water. AI placing mines etc - can you not do that with default A3 controls? 

Came to think of USAF mod; Try to use something like creating a "racetrack" symmbology that makes it fly back and forth ,like a modified Loiter command.

Could you all imagine the Armaverse if Zapat and Mad_Cheese joined forces ?  Oh to dream :)

Zapat helped me out A LOT so it's already quite real. :)

Would love to see rocket launcher troops being ordered to fire on a specific building or position. The same with underslung grenade launchers, if they could be ordered to fire a grenade through a window or into bushes. If the supression command could be expanded to include those, I'd be one even happier camper.

I did think of this a few days ago and wrote down some notes, but i see a problem that may kill it off.

Can you make someway to choose ordering the pilot to fly below-treetop level? Maybe add a 2:nd chooper to take out tanks ahead of the main force? Suppresion with mingun during insertion?  Setting up AA-defence team with insertion?

You can do all of that. But remember you are playing Arma, if you have a pilot going at 5m it doesn't take much for him to kill himself.

This mod is not compatible with infantry RHS.
Only it works well with NATO infantry.

In the future it will be compatible with other mods infantry?

I like directing troops with this mod, but I use mods infantry units as RHS army or armed forces. :)

I use it alot with massi special forces, I've not had any issues. Maybe its the RHS mod itself??

Mad_cheese, I had an idea today about something and was wondering if you'd be open to me sharing it. I've got to do some visual explanation for you though so that you get what I am talking about in more detail. Only reason I asked first is that I see how you are developing this and that you are quite set in stone with some features and I don't want to make too much work for you thats all.

This mod is not compatible with infantry RHS.

Only it works well with NATO infantry.

I can not confirm this. I just tested the different russian RHS units, foot soldiers and vehicles, in HUD- and in planning-mode. I can't really imagine it not working with any one UNIT-mod - unless there's a bug in that mod.

I did observe very weird AI behavior of especially RHS vehicles though - I don't know how all this stuff works, but I play WLA a lot and don't even bother capturing vehicles because of this. Foot soldiers as I said, I can't see any difference to any other unit, so I just assumed its a RHS vehicle issue.

Mad_cheese, I had an idea today about something and was wondering if you'd be open to me sharing it. I've got to do some visual explanation for you though so that you get what I am talking about in more detail. Only reason I asked first is that I see how you are developing this and that you are quite set in stone with some features and I don't want to make too much work for you thats all.

sure, i'm always curious. feel free to send a pm :)

gotta say though, coding is a bad drug and I just had a pretty good run... I'm attending meetings of armaholics-anonymous and am considering to go into rehab for 6 months. Then come out JUST to snort a massive line of code, like in the good ol days.  :D

WARNING: CURRENT DEV BUILD BREAKS THE INITIALIZATION OF THE ADDON, PLEASE USE STABLE BUILD FOR NOW

Great to see this mod is finally getting attention, I've been using it for every SP/MP mission and it is absolutely a game changer and i look forward to see how much better this gets in future releases.

Though i have found it rather frustrating when in danger mode  (I'm aware that they are working to fix this) Say i Have my squad positioned behind the walls of a building while taking suppressing fire from a fireteam up the road. I try to get one of my squad mates to SPRINT across the road to the wall on the other side to get a better firing position and possibly flank around. Sadly Danger mode makes them move halfway and stop in the middle of the road like a duck waving his wand around trying to fire back only to get obliterated by the fireteam shooting at us. This ultimately results in my squad being wiped out because of their lack of following orders in danger mode. I have tried ai mods to try and alter this behavior such as bcombat and ASR AI but they seem to have little to no effect on this.

I have looked around on numerous threads for a solution and see people with the same problem. Threads from years ago, I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed by now.

So i have a few questions.                                                                                                                                                                             

1. Maybe i just suck and am using it wrong, but is there any way to make ai rush a position, maybe add a 3rd move speed in planning mode slow/normal/sprint(ignore enemy fire and move it!) and somehow implement it into 3d hud mode? Im sure it's not that simple (I have little experience with arma 3 scripting) but it would greatly increase the survivability of ai teammates.

2. Is it best to use with vanilla ai or are there any specific ai mods that might increase the effectiveness of commanding my squad and make them actually follow orders.

3.Could you provide a video on maybe a compound raid and how you use this effectively and maybe a work around the danger mode? Or could i just force my ai to stay in alert mode though i have no idea how.(I've watched the tutorial videos)

Thanks Mad_Cheese, glad to see you listen to the communities feedback. I am very appreciative of your work, this is something we needed in arma 2 and AA. Keep up the good work it just keeps getting better :D  :D

I could be doing something wrong and I am sure it's a simple solution but I can't figure it out. All I have installed is C2 and CBA (Most current version). All aspects of the mod work fine except 3D HUD mode. I can't seem to get it to come up. Do you have to do something to get this to work? Please help would love to keep this mod in my collection.

I can not confirm this. I just tested the different russian RHS units, foot soldiers and vehicles, in HUD- and in planning-mode. I can't really imagine it not working with any one UNIT-mod - unless there's a bug in that mod.

I did observe very weird AI behavior of especially RHS vehicles though - I don't know how all this stuff works, but I play WLA a lot and don't even bother capturing vehicles because of this. Foot soldiers as I said, I can't see any difference to any other unit, so I just assumed its a RHS vehicle issue.

failure to have with other units is launching grenades and fire suppression.

It is what I have seen with this mod and my infantry units in different maps.

Though i have found it rather frustrating when in danger mode  (I'm aware that they are working to fix this)

[...]

Maybe i just suck and am using it wrong, but is there any way to make ai rush a position, maybe add a 3rd move speed in planning mode slow/normal/sprint(ignore enemy fire and move it!) and somehow implement it into 3d hud mode?

2. Is it best to use with vanilla ai or are there any specific ai mods that might increase the effectiveness of commanding my squad and make them actually follow orders.

3.Could you provide a video on maybe a compound raid and how you use this effectively and maybe a work around the danger mode?

Thank you MasterArrow. Danger-mode is in fact a real bummer and I wish for the fix every day. THAT would be a gamechanger :D Gotta give BIS credti, there's a LOT of things that I once dreamed of that made their way into the game sooner than later.

There's no real way to bypass it atm... at least  in a way that doesn't open up other dungeons, as the issue lays in BI's fsm's. In planning mode, you have this red icon that I never talk about. It can be switched to blue - it basically shuts down the AI's brain for that waypoint. They MAY run but be unable to fire. I haven't had good results with it at all, but it has actually saved me a few times in the situation you describe.

Other AI mods - I am actually quite curious if there's any good combo, so far at least I have not had reports of any clashes.

For compound raid, the example in Tutorial 2 is very detailled and doesnt skip anything. It's the full layout.

I could be doing something wrong and I am sure it's a simple solution but I can't figure it out. All I have installed is C2 and CBA (Most current version). All aspects of the mod work fine except 3D HUD mode. I can't seem to get it to come up. Do you have to do something to get this to work? Please help would love to keep this mod in my collection.

Change back to OFFICIAL if you are enlisted in DEV mode. There's been a mod-breaker in yesterday's patch. I'm slightly confused though, can't guarantee that's it. Please keep me posted

I checked and I am not running it in Dev. I don't know I guess I will not use it until it gets fixed which bums me out because it looks great.(Great work btw) When you get into game what is suppose to happen when you select a unit and press left control. Are the 3D placements suppose to pop up? When I press L Ctrl-L Shift or L Cntrl-L Alt nothing happens, and I have checked the key bindings to make sure they are right.   

Press and hold LCtrl while you press the F# of you teammates.  Put them where you want (using mousewheel for direction) then press RMB.

BOOM! That's it. I knew it was something simple considering the rest of the mod was working fine. Thank you kind sir.

very powerful AI controller.

I loved your originally mod. I've been away for several months. Back and updated to latest 1.48 patch.  However, whenever your mod is activated. I can't click on anything once on main page.

I get the following error

NoEntry bin/config.bin/recdisplaymain/config / button play

I've gone trhough process of activation and deactivation of the 6 mods I use. Yours is the one causing the issue??

Huh, actually it seems I get this error only when I have your GREAT mod and the latest CBA 7 hotfx2 installed.  Rolling back to earlier CBA solved it for now.

You don't need the latest CBA 7 to play with C2 do you?

Hmm. I'm having an issue getting CBA updated I believe.

How does the Y key work for surpression?? isn't that key used for "combat pace"??

Resloved. Had to completely reinstall and insert new path routes to A3 mod launcher -

Question - When giving orders in Planning mode.  How do I point the direction I want a unit to be looking in once I have them stop??

I get the following error

NoEntry bin/config.bin/recdisplaymain/config / button play

I've gone trhough process of activation and deactivation of the 6 mods I use. Yours is the one causing the issue??

...Rolling back to earlier CBA solved it for now.

Yeah, there was an issue with CBA once but it's fixed. Also sounds like you were not on the newest version of C2 but hey it works now aaaalllll good. :D When in doubt, get a new CBA version.

You may have to rebind some keys.

Good point and something I have not mentioned yet - off course I assume you will change some key binds, but it also really helps to adjust some of your vanilla settings, especially for RMB. 'Optics mode' and 'hold breath' are not on RMB for my mapping for example.

Question - When giving orders in Planning mode.  How do I point the direction I want a unit to be looking in once I have them stop??

??  Is there a way to be certain which way you have left your guy facing once giving him a WP destination in the planning mode?

This is great fun. My only question is this - is there any way to modify the AI audio to change the "ready" / "standing by" audio message to something a bit more discreet, like a simple squelch? When you are ordering around large numbers of AI dudes, the ready notifications can be quite persistent :)