Thank you for this awesome mod, much appriciated😊

i have a wish in a future update tough: can you add a pip helmet cam in the tablet and select individual units to see what they see? this can be usefull when you order a recon team to a elevated position to scout a area, so you can gather more intel before an assault. It can also be usefull if you send a fireteam or two down different streets in a urban assault. It may not be realistic, but since you can not have a radio dialog with the AI, it would be a good replacement😉

Tom

There's something fishy going on here. Please try another mission to see if the issue continues, what other add ons are you running?

For the Radial Menu, remember you need to select units before. 

I have tried it both with mods and without. Most current test was with just the most up-to-date CBA on Armaholic and C2 mod. Still not working for me for some reason. I tried to download and install the mod again but it didn't help. 

Is there a possibility that you could mix it up using the idea from Full spectrum warrior and Dragon rising. the icons being contact sensitive, I think get tactical does things that way doesn't it? and having the quick access menu having options to control some movement of the AI as well. Such as formations, speed, Stance?

[…]

I found using the DR ui, the more I knew the route to an option the quicker I could get them to do what I wanted on the fly. I find atm, I slow my play pace down trying to get them to move effectively. Unless I'm not fully utilizing the tool. that being said, its a great addition to the mod arsenal, and a good help for SP play. 

Contact Sensibility is definitely an option, I don't know how to do it yet but its the way to go. All of the mod can be heavily improved over time, no doubt, I am not satisfied with a lot of things that must still become way more fluent. Thanks for that video, that is a great menu. 

Stances and stuff - well, frankly I shied away from that.

Not because I don't want to, but at some stage in development I found that there's some real unflattering similarities to the CSE-addon so honestly that scared me off a bit. I do think a lot of this stuff is common sense but in this case it was a bit too much and I found it disrespectful to continue. I'd have to talk to them first.

Thank you for this awesome mod, much appriciated

i have a wish in a future update tough: can you add a pip helmet cam in the tablet and select individual units to see what they see?

Tom

In the long run, yes :)

But this also goes with what I said above, there's great add ons for that out there. CTAB in this case does what you want super well. I am hesitant to putting this kind of stuff into C2, I prefer a kind of modular mod system that works together.

I have tried it both with mods and without. Most current test was with just the most up-to-date CBA on Armaholic and C2 mod. Still not working for me for some reason. I tried to download and install the mod again but it didn't help. 

I will pm you, we'll sort this out :)

Thanks for that video, that is a great menu. 

I didn't post a video?

I didn't post a video?

Right. You told me about Dragon Rising and looked for a video, nevermind. :D

The menu is cool in that game. I did just mess around with this a bit, it's really smooth if the menu is only active while the key is held down and the sub-areas are contact sensitive. Way faster. It's clashing with the top layer buttons atm but I'm sure I can sort it out.

Mad_cheese, that'll be great if you could get something similar. Pm'd!

Came to think of this;Could you add a way,option, to make the AI set up a 360* LZ-defence around the helicopter? Vill be very usefull if one could ,on the fly,make the helli land at a circle made by the Point Mod.You point at a place and if you could use a setting and choose how wide they will fan-out around it in 360* will be just what would make my life a lot simpler.

Could we get some sort of "make LZ-zone with IR-strobe" option?

Thanks,great mod!

Really nice Mod!

I've send you an PM don't kow if you've get. Since the forum update may account haves some problem.

This looks amazing! :) I've enjoyed GTI a lot, and this looks even better -- although I haven't taken it for a spin yet.

A few comments:

• How is the mod licenced?
  • Is the code open source, e.g. on GitHub? If not, would you consider it? That way you could accept patches/contributions from others helping you out. I know you mentioned in a video that you're not a dev, so just give me a shout if you would like some pointers to get you started.
  • Please please please consider adding a configuration dialog to set keybindings, or use the "Configure Addon" dialog. (Have a look at the code of Tao's folding map, for example, to see how to use it.) I use a lot of mods, and using User Controls will quickly lead to collisions.
  • By biggest advice as a developer: Manage complexity closely. Think carefully before adding any features. Keep it simple and elegant, and focus on general purpose functionality rather than specifics and corner cases. For example: Don't add a "Green light for snipers" button -- but consider implementing a ROE system. Don't add a feature because a few users want it, or even because most users want it -- only add it if it makes sense and is genuinely useful. You seem to be doing fine on this point so far, just be careful not to get ahead of yourself in the future  :)

Oh, and finally: Writing clean, maintainable code that can be changed and improved without introducing bugs is something developers spend years trying to master. (I have at least a handfull of books in my bookshelf on this topic alone.) Again, let me know if you want me to have a look at the code and see if I can help you make the code easier to work with.

(Btw: Your English is amazing for a German. I'm presuming you've lived in the US?)

Edit: I just realized the latest version implements customizable controls the way I suggest. My bad!

Edited by Lstor

Mad_cheese, that'll be great if you could get something similar. Pm'd!

Hey, just got here,, will check your PM right after this.But: The menu will stay as it is, just in terms of accessibility it needs to be better. Whole interaction should not take more than 1sec with 1 keystroke and one mouseclick. Your example was a great pointer!

Came to think of this;Could you add a way,option, to make the AI set up a 360* LZ-defence around the helicopter? Vill be very usefull if one could ,on the fly,make the helli land at a circle made by the Point Mod.You point at a place and if you could use a setting and choose how wide they will fan-out around it in 360* will be just what would make my life a lot simpler.

Could we get some sort of "make LZ-zone with IR-strobe" option?

Thanks,great mod!

Maybe on this one. I recently started playing in the 506th IR unit and while C2 has been greatly influenced by those experiences, this one feature is something that's own my own wishlist too. You'll be suprised if I tell you that the main reason it's not in there already is that the units have to go prone at the right time and spot. The compromise would be to have the units prone, but that's inaccurate, half-assed and therefore not an option.

Really nice Mod!

I've send you an PM don't kow if you've get. Since the forum update may account haves some problem.

Hey you know what I have just seen that yesterday and I was very glad to receive that! I'll get back to you asap, thanks!

This looks amazing! :) I've enjoyed GTI a lot, and this looks even better -- although I haven't taken it for a spin yet.

A few comments:

• How is the mod licenced?
  • Is the code open source, e.g. on GitHub? If not, would you consider it? That way you could accept patches/contributions from others helping you out. I know you mentioned in a video that you're not a dev, so just give me a shout if you would like some pointers to get you started.
  • Please please please consider adding a configuration dialog to set keybindings, or use the "Configure Addon" dialog. (Have a look at the code of Tao's folding map, for example, to see how to use it.) I use a lot of mods, and using User Controls will quickly lead to collisions.
  • By biggest advice as a developer: Manage complexity closely. Think carefully before adding any features. Keep it simple and elegant, and focus on general purpose functionality rather than specifics and corner cases. For example: Don't add a "Green light for snipers" button -- but consider implementing a ROE system. Don't add a feature because a few users want it, or even because most users want it -- only add it if it makes sense and is genuinely useful. You seem to be doing fine on this point so far, just be careful not to get ahead of yourself in the future  :)

Oh, and finally: Writing clean, maintainable code that can be changed and improved without introducing bugs is something developers spend years trying to master. (I have at least a handfull of books in my bookshelf on this topic alone.) Again, let me know if you want me to have a look at the code and see if I can help you make the code easier to work with.

(Btw: Your English is amazing for a German. I'm presuming you've lived in the US?)

Thanks for your kind words.

I have to call out that I think GTI is one of the best works ever made. It tailors to a specific task and it's so damn beautifully made. Zapat is a real magician and he is heavily responsible for the good feedback that I get here because he wrote the grenadesystem and pointed me in the direction of SmartPos. Just wanted to make that clear. C2 only exists because it is FPS based and leans towards MP, alongside with a few original features here and there. :)

Next, you are adressing a very important point and I'm glad to be on the right path here. You're right, I'm no dev - I just have ideas and a need to be create something. I also got lucky and had some good teachers.

I do have a very clear idea about what I want to have in C2 though, where it starts and where it ends. At this point I'm very happy with the available features, or the 'framework'. But it needs to improve.

My code is organized in some ways, then violently sloppy in others. I don't even have a function library or anything and also have some code written out (but not necessarily running) twice with suble variations that can be boiled down quite a bit. I can make all that stuff much faster and cleaner. BUT it is almost somewhat modular already... It's a bunch of specific functions that each call a bunch of generalized functions whenever needed. The gitHub idea is something I need to get smart about, I like it a lot - I'd never have guessed that there would be interest in it. That would be a mission though. Anyways, long story short: Once this is cleaned up I will thankfully come back to your offer to give it a critical look.

The mod licensing, I hope I understand it correclty. I guess it would be APL-SA. Do I need to apply or something?

Lastly, CBA-keybinds are already inplemented, at least the negotiable ones. CTRL and F1-F10 as well as dialog control keys are not really negotiable.

My code is organized in some ways, then violently sloppy in others. I don't even have a function library or anything and also have some code written out (but not necessarily running) twice with suble variations that can be boiled down quite a bit. I can make all that stuff much faster and cleaner. BUT it is almost somewhat modular already... It's a bunch of specific functions that each call a bunch of generalized functions whenever needed. The gitHub idea is something I need to get smart about, I like it a lot - I'd never have guessed that there would be interest in it. That would be a mission though. Anyways, long story short: Once this is cleaned up I will thankfully come back to your offer to give it a critical look.

I understand, that's quite common. Don't be afraid to put your code on GitHub even though it's not perfect, though. It can be useful for you and others regardless, and the tone there is generally very friendly and constructive :) GitHub also has a ticket/issues tracker that I find very useful. The offer to review the code or help out with any other insights I might have is standing, just look me up on GitHub or Steam (same username as here in both places) if you want to take me up on it in the future and I don't reply on the forums.

The mod licensing, I hope I understand it correclty. I guess it would be APL-SA. Do I need to apply or something?

Nope, you just need to state that the content is licenced under APL-SA. Which is a good licence for Arma mods that fosters collaboration and contributions, I might add!

Lastly, CBA-keybinds are already inplemented, at least the negotiable ones. CTRL and F1-F10 as well as dialog control keys are not really negotiable.

I just realized that myself, sorry about that. You're obviously one step ahead :)

Oh, by the way, I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but I find the helicopter pickup and dropoff icons to be a bit confusing. The pickup arrow is pointing down, and the dropoff arrow is pointing up. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I'm hosting a popular pub server, does the server need to run the mod along with the clients? Or can this be a client only mod and still work?  Thanks for the great mod!

So this is just pure hope, but would there be anyway to implament this type of system into High Command somehow? That being said, this is a wonderful mod. 1000x's better than the vanilla system.

Oh, by the way, I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but I find the helicopter pickup and dropoff icons to be a bit confusing. The pickup arrow is pointing down, and the dropoff arrow is pointing up. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Thanks again man, all you said is great input.

As for the icons, I also find them confusing, but that's the correct ones. I also confused the arrow for up and down, when it really refers to 'inside' and 'outside'. That's also why the colors are there because green sort of transports that it's less com batty than yellow.

I'm hosting a popular pub server, does the server need to run the mod along with the clients? Or can this be a client only mod and still work?  Thanks for the great mod!

The mod is client only, everything should only run or even exist on your machine. No server addon needed. having said that, I welcome feedback in this area as I recently lost access to a testing server. 

So this is just pure hope, but would there be anyway to implament this type of system into High Command somehow? That being said, this is a wonderful mod. 1000x's better than the vanilla system.

HC is a tricky issue. I experimented with it, I thought a HC page could be a good idea. This would really give the name 'C2' more purpose as that's what it is in real life and I'd love to be able to combine the 'small picture' of your squad with the 'bigger picture' of HC, but super elastic. Short story - A3 reality check. So many things to consider…. no thx.  It's not over yet but honestly I doubt I'll make it perfect. This is only really relevant for a game mode where you can 'purchase' units without limit, where else do you find your self with 30 units under your command. But you got me, I do agree it would be nice

Mr Cheese, I'm having issues with the server key. Myself and other players can't log into the server due to BE kicking us for not having a signed server key. I've been doing this for years and we allow multiple mod keys, did you test your key and ensure it works?

Mr Cheese, I'm having issues with the server key. Myself and other players can't log into the server due to BE kicking us for not having a signed server key. I've been doing this for years and we allow multiple mod keys, did you test your key and ensure it works?

Oh dear… I have indeed tested and assured it worked. But I'll be honest my MP-knowledge goes only as far as the issues I had to take care of this far.

I packed and signed the pbo's with pboProject, it's a V2 key. I have the Serverkey included in the folder and each addon is signed. This used to work for me always, but I did recently loose access to a testing server so I did not test these particular pbo's. If what I did sounds correct for you and you are willing to let me test on your server, write me a PM please. Thanks for the report.

In other news, there's a tutorial available for the new functions now, as well as some explanations that you can skip if you don't care.

• Like 1

Watched the whole thing ... very impressive.

**From the video you mentioned not stepping on others' toes ..... but remember CSE is no more :( so you'd be able to write your own code.

hey also, @Sttosin: These are great ideas you brought up before. I like the idea a lot, but am quite lost as how to find a universal approach to something like the aussie peel. There's so many variables.... Aren't you guys working on this with SAMO (which is amazing by the way)?

Hey MC,

Great work Man! Havent tried latest but Im stuck in some projects. I am working on this and so is StTosin.

StTosin's role is critical as he provides the following ?s

-Is Aussie Peel ready?

-Why isn't Aussie Peel ready?

-When will Aussie Peel be ready?

What can I say... the man loves his Aussie Peel :)

LoLz

;)

When We finally do get it running I will let you know... ;)

I am not sure if I should be worried about it but I had a dream last night about Aussie Peels and chopper security.

Will have my shrink analyze your message Cosmic, there's something fishy happening I smells it. :D

Actually both these requests seem relatively easy to embed in the existing framework at 2nd glance. Not gonna lie though, I may play with this but before the behavior.fsm fix is released by BIS  I'd rather use C2 to peel potatoes than units. I can see the maneuver taking like 10mins in danger mode with a lot of â€  tactical dying â€ 

Really worried about the serveKey MP thing, please report any issues.

@Kremator, about CSE - I read that ALL features of the old mods within ACE3 will be ported over time. I think I'll contacting the creators is the best etiquette.

Congrats on the new release. Been using this mod since it came out, packed with new features for each release. Thanks a lot for spending time coding it and making nice video tutorials. The community really makes this game much more enjoyable.

Have a suggestion, would be great to be able to have different formations per fire/colored teams. E.g Can have squal column, fireteam wedge while travelling.

@Kremator, about CSE - I read that ALL features of the old mods within ACE3 will be ported over time. I think I'll contacting the creators is the best etiquette.

A true gent.  Keep up the good work mate ... just awesome work !  Am really interesting in what else you can do with the choppers (and even aircraft) as they need much more AI loving :)

I am not sure if I should be worried about it but I had a dream last night about Aussie Peels and chopper security.

Will have my shrink analyze your message Cosmic, there's something fishy happening I smells it. :D

Actually both these requests seem relatively easy to embed in the existing framework at 2nd glance. Not gonna lie though, I may play with this but before the behavior.fsm fix is released by BIS  I'd rather use C2 to peel potatoes than units. I can see the maneuver taking like 10mins in danger mode with a lot of â€  tactical dying â€ 

Hahaha. The goal to see Aussie Peel functional and effective in Arma is infectious isn't it.

I am going to have to take the new C2 out for a spin. Watched the entire video as well and C2 is packing a ton of features.

I think C2 could be the ultimate AI management interface. Eventually these things will become native to Arma like weapon resting, ai suppression, etc did. At least thats the hope.

You just gotta add that feature demo Zapat showed where he drew a line and soldiers moved and used formation based on the libe drawn.....with permission/collaboration of course.

Keep up the good work. The A.I.M Team supports the cause.

Could you all imagine the Armaverse if Zapat and Mad_Cheese joined forces ?  Oh to dream :)

Seems almost rude to make a suggestion, so impressive is C2 already - but I will :P

Would love to see rocket launcher troops being ordered to fire on a specific building or position. The same with underslung grenade launchers, if they could be ordered to fire a grenade through a window or into bushes. If the supression command could be expanded to include those, I'd be one even happier camper.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Also, thanks for taking the time to make the tutorial video. Cleared a few things up for me.

Edited by Chops

Would love to see rocket launcher troops being ordered to fire on a specific building or position.

This! I died so many times in trying to coordinate an AI to destroy an empty vehicle (if it's a mission objective), and ended up ordering him to drop everything, and do it myself.