It's not in "configure addons" ?? I think he shifted from custom controls in "main" arma3 controls.. you have to do it via the addon configuration

Thanks I'll check. I swore I looked in the Mods keymapper and didn't see C2 in the list. I'll check again.

There is no C2/Command and Control section in my "mods/addons" section of the keymapper. If it's in the Default keymapper, what section would the keybinds be found in and what exactly are the Actions?

"UPDATE:" Problem Solved. My newbness got the best of me. There's that section in the default Configure/Controls, "Custom" I think, that's where you find all the User Actions. I was looking everywhere but there and it's way at the bottom you have to scroll down, it's not in the little window unless you scroll to the very bottom below Vehicles, Jets, Helicopters, and Sea.

Edited by Bad_Karma

Hi guys, sorry for the bad thread maintenance lately. Life has been quite the rollercoaster.

@Bad_Karma - glad you got it in the end! Next version will feature the "configure Addon" option but the current version still relies on User Action Keys.

C2 does work with ACE3 and the update is even slightly tweaked for usage with ACE3. I am working on it and am quite eager to release, but getting it stable and reliable takes moretime than I thought. I hope the arsenal of new functions will make up for the wait!

Looking forward to what you cook up next with C2. Great work on the mod.

I was in a building on the second floor on Altis, commanding a squad of four to enter a house. I gotta say the movement outside followed by how they entered the house was unlike anything I've seen in Arma 3. I like how each unit watches the appropriate sectors.

Ever considered including a third aspect to this mod to handle the middle ground between planning mode and HUD mode?

What I mean is a set of simple routines or wait for it.....tactics that can be activated. E.g. a peel back or Aussie Peel tactic that can be commanded by player if ambushed. You can bring to the tactic list doctrines from different millitaries of the world. What do you think?

I can't log into my old account and my options with this one are kinda tedious. But here you go...

C2- Command & Control V1.2

UPDATE FEATURES:

• Smart Building Position-Selection in 3D Mode (detects targeted building-floor)
  • Supression Feature
  • Quick-Formation-Selection (Numpad,optional)
  • Ingame Menu
  • AI-Helicopter Control page (4 flying heights, 4 wp types: move/pickup/combat drop/full landing).
  • GetTactical Grenades (Supported Addons: RHS-Escalation, ACE3, SuperFlash)
  • CBA keybinds

SCREENSHOTS:

C2BucketBuilding_zpsklagz4ye.jpg
C2BucketSupress_zps64izcssl.jpg
C2BucketGrenaded_zpsgqlotiqi.jpg
BucketMenuForum3_zpsntuuuio1.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

mediafire100.png

Steam.png

MORE INFO ON ARMAHOLIC

• Like 4

Niiiiiiiice! Love your work mate! Gonna have a lot of fun with this. :D

• Like 1

Glad to hear that! If you want to share any great moment you had, don't hesitate.

In other news, I can finally log in to my main account and was able to change the OP. I am very happy about that.

By the way, everyone spawn a can of drink for ZAPAT next time you're in game as he authorized the implementation of his grenade system and assisted the BuildingPos-SmartPositioner :D. Forever grateful.

This is great man, so much goodyness here.

How do you get a unit to stop Suppressing, Hold Fire they ignore and even a Move order they will continue suppressing that spot as soon as they arrive -which is cool..if desired.. :)

• Like 1

This is great man, so much goodyness here.

How do you get a unit to stop Suppressing, Hold Fire they ignore and even a Move order they will continue suppressing that spot as soon as they arrive -which is cool..if desired.. :)

LOLZ you know what. I did forget to mention this.

To stop supression, select the unit in default A3 and then press the Y (Supression hotkey) again. It also works if you just select all units and press Y - this will stop all active units from supressing. Thanks for reporting this, the supression function already wastes enough ammo, not necessary to leave it on forever :D

hey also, @Sttosin: These are great ideas you brought up before. I like the idea a lot, but am quite lost as how to find a universal approach to something like the aussie peel. There's so many variables.... Aren't you guys working on this with SAMO (which is amazing by the way)?

Hi Mad_Cheese.

Got a slight problem I have narrowed down to C2. I use the numpad for movement as I am left handed with the mouse, but this mod makes these keys not work for moving player. I see in your update description it says "

Is there a way to change these keys away from the numpad, can't see it in the manual.

Thank you.

EDIT...... Just saw Bad Karma's post and your reply... will look again

Hi Mad_Cheese.

Got a slight problem I have narrowed down to C2. I use the numpad for movement as I am left handed with the mouse, but this mod makes these keys not work for moving player. I see in your update description it says "

Is there a way to change these keys away from the numpad, can't see it in the manual.

Thank you.

EDIT...... Just saw Bad Karma's post and your reply... will look again

Actually you are experiencing a niche problem because you are left handed. Apologies, I did not think of that.

At the moment, quick-select is only available on Num-Keys. You can switch it off though, in the top right corner of the Ingame Manu (default: U-key).

I will put that on the top of the list for the next update. You can help me if you tell me what's the most logical positioning of these buttons to a left handed person, so I can make an option for that.

See now something like this should really just be vanilla, the AI command system of Arma is horribly outdated and flaud. But its great to see that you've tackled it and by the looks of it pretty much solved it. 

However I must ask if this conflicts with AI mods like ASR and realism mods like A.C.E. 3. 

See now something like this should really just be vanilla, the AI command system of Arma is horribly outdated and flaud. But its great to see that you've tackled it and by the looks of it pretty much solved it. 

However I must ask if this conflicts with AI mods like ASR and realism mods like A.C.E. 3. 

Thank you :)

I guess the thing about AI squad control is that it's a very specific little story. The vanilla system - the bit that's there - is amazing. But I do feel like they cut off at a weird point. I always imagined that it's more an issue of priorities, from the perspective of a relatively small company like BIS. I have no beef with that.

The good news is, I am convinced that the engine already has all the capabilities one could dream of. The whole 3d indicator thing just did it's baby steps. I'm just not a programmer so it takes 20x as long.

As for your MOD question. ASR should be fine. I mean, unless it makes your team pop smoke left and right, because then it's gone :D

ACE3 works perfectly, it is actually supported. While you lose your default A3 control, C2 works fine and you can also use the M84 Flashbangs with Zapat's GTI-grenade system.

Any other mod question, can I ask whoever is interested to try and report any issues.

Things of MODS/Missions that interfere with C2:

• scripted movement commands
  • garbage collectors (they can delete units disbanded to reserve)
  • unusual adding/removal of units (fixable with refresh)
  • excessive group switching (fixable with refresh)
  • 80.000km ViewDistance on DualCore

Hey mate -nice addon! i wanted to ask ,is it possible to make a small addon that gives more control over an AI pilot? What i mean is like in this mission https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176755778 

Here you can sit in the gunner seat and easily use the action wheel to tell  the pilot to increase/decrease height ,circle an area,land etc.Because in the vanilla game having an AI gunship pilot is usless when he wont go up or down etc.I can't contact the guy who made this to find out how he did it  so i thought this might be something that would compliment your addon?

Thanks again.

Hey mate -nice addon! i wanted to ask ,is it possible to make a small addon that gives more control over an AI pilot? What i mean is like in this mission https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176755778 

Here you can sit in the gunner seat and easily use the action wheel to tell  the pilot to increase/decrease height ,circle an area,land etc.Because in the vanilla game having an AI gunship pilot is usless when he wont go up or down etc.I can't contact the guy who made this to find out how he did it  so i thought this might be something that would compliment your addon?

Thanks again.

You can do a lot of these things already! You can have a chopper pilot fly in 4 different heights (5/25/75/200) while using 4 different WP types (WP/Pickup/Dropoff/FullLanding) and 2 different speeds. There's no orbiting function but you can set  waypoints in low speed and high altitude and be the gunner.

In the tablet window, press '2' to get access to the helicopter page or click on the small helicopter icon.

Just remember that you have to hold down ALT while issuing waypoints on the tablet when you are actually a passenger of that vehicle.

I'm having trouble getting the HUD method to work well, as well as suppressive fire etc. I can bring up the Quick Menu/Planning Dialog but HUD isn't working...I can bring up the radial menu by pressing 'U' but I can't access anything. I can also bring up the suppressive fire option by pressing Y but it stays in a fixed position and no matter what I can't move it or do anything. AI won't react to it either. I'm sure I am overlooking something minor...anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? 

Anyone else cant place waypoints in the planner for a helicopter pilot (or any unit that is) when sitting in a vehicle? Also having an issue once you order a unit to move say a helicopter the chopper is locked and you cannot board it?

â€‹Is it possible to add a " add diversion by smoke and grenade" an area to lure enemy to go there? Say,50 m away.A  smoke/grenade with a timer on it?

Could this make AI search wrecks under water too?  Make AI mine with detachable satchel charges,or invisable mines ? Could you add a "S&R" search pattern for a helicopter too?

Make them use flaregun in darkness? Work with AI-mods?

Add AA-teams,AT-teams as extra units.  Any way to add in Cas from Zeus? Would be Very usefull. B)

Just my 2 cent...thanks.

I'm having trouble getting the HUD method to work well, as well as suppressive fire etc. I can bring up the Quick Menu/Planning Dialog but HUD isn't working...I can bring up the radial menu by pressing 'U' but I can't access anything. I can also bring up the suppressive fire option by pressing Y but it stays in a fixed position and no matter what I can't move it or do anything. AI won't react to it either. I'm sure I am overlooking something minor...anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? 

There's something fishy going on here. Please try another mission to see if the issue continues, what other add ons are you running?

For the Radial Menu, remember you need to select units before. 

Anyone else cant place waypoints in the planner for a helicopter pilot (or any unit that is) when sitting in a vehicle? Also having an issue once you order a unit to move say a helicopter the chopper is locked and you cannot board it?

Press ALT while putting down WP's if you are inside of the vehicle you are trying to command. On that note apologies to all, I will fix the manual ASAP, I am positively overwhelmed by the amount of response.

Is it possible to add a " add diversion by smoke and grenade" an area to lure enemy to go there? Say,50 m away.A  smoke/grenade with a timer on it?

Could this make AI search wrecks under water too?  Make AI mine with detachable satchel charges,or invisable mines ? Could you add a "S&R" search pattern for a helicopter too?

Make them use flaregun in darkness? Work with AI-mods?

Add AA-teams,AT-teams as extra units.

Just my 2 cent...thanks.

• I do not know of a timed grenade that attracts humans (yet).
  • An orbit function for helicopters, or better yet the ability to create loops, is on top of the list :)
  • Access to 203's or rocket launchers and choose ammunition is somewhat planned but more tricky than I expected.
  • Underwater, hey I never even gave that a go. My guess is that it works but you won't be able to send them UNDER water. AI placing mines etc - can you not do that with default A3 controls? 

Mad_cheese, this is the best thing I've seen yet for AI control. Certainly for SP play anyway. I loved the idea way back when, playing Full spectrum warrior. It got very intuitive for me to operate and play, setup the units how I thought best and then smack hard on the enemy. Love the video and all the features you have implented. I'm definatley gunna be playing abit more of A3 SP now this is available. Shame you missed the Comp for this mod, you might have won it! good job, gunna have a play today and let you know of any bugs I find myself. thanks!

Spook.

Had a bit of a play in the editor with this and I like it, the icon placement is a little bit weird, trying to get my head round the usage on that. I like the UI though. Similar to the one used in Dragon Rising, that UI I thought was quite effective. Is there a possibility that you could mix it up using the idea from Full spectrum warrior and Dragon rising. the icons being contact sensitive, I think get tactical does things that way doesn't it? and having the quick access menu having options to control some movement of the AI as well. Such as formations, speed, Stance?

I know that you can use it via the tablet, but that is more of a commanders sit back and relax type of tool for planning. I'm not saying discard what is there, maybe add in if at all possible? If you wanted to do things on the fly as you moved with the squad I think having some of the options available in the UI would be a good advantage to fast movement too. I found using the DR ui, the more I knew the route to an option the quicker I could get them to do what I wanted on the fly. I find atm, I slow my play pace down trying to get them to move effectively. Unless I'm not fully utilizing the tool. that being said, its a great addition to the mod arsenal, and a good help for SP play.