Have to admit the speed at which my squad took the house positions was exciting and couldn't help but imagine if the enemy AI could give such and order while Player is hiding inside alongside Swat 4 banter and flashbangs...*dreams:inlove:*

Also, had some problem getting two man squads to face out of upstairs windows in multiple adjecent building. Would it be possible to change the potential house position orders to be more correlated with where the cursor is looking? For example if I control Unit 2 and 3 and look up at building with two windows that that would be the first available option? Sorry if Im not clear.

How do you get your AI to go to an upstairs location?

I already told you, if you ever manage to include these buttons for AI Heli control like Fredkatz did, I donate amount X on your accont on the Cayman Islands :)

Good call! I will explore options for helicopters in planning mode, my account on the islands is in fact running a bit dry at this time :D

Also, couldn't help but notice that you have 666 forum posts at this time which sort of confirms some theories I had of you lol.

How do you get your AI to go to an upstairs location?

For now, all you can do is send enough units in so they automatically select positions on higher floors. More info below.

had some problem getting two man squads to face out of upstairs windows in multiple adjecent building. Would it be possible to change the potential house position orders to be more correlated with where the cursor is looking? For example if I control Unit 2 and 3 and look up at building with two windows that that would be the first available option?

Man, the issue you are referring to really makes me pull my hair out. There IS a way to do this, since BI's HUD gives you this option. If anyone knows their way around BI's addons/configs and can refer me to the right info please PM me!!! I can think of a way but it involves way too much math… god, I hate math.

However, if attempts to get this right fail, I might be able to include a way to scroll through options with your mouse wheel for more flexibility. This also won't be perfect though… Many buildings have a weird order of building positions - for example the building in the video:

Bpos1/Bpos2 (downstairs), Bpos3 (upstairs), Bpos4 (downstairs), Bpos5 (staircase), then the rest of the positions upstairs.

Another limitation to the engine (as far as my knowledge goes) is that not all windows represent building positions.

(now if we can find the old school way of AI tossing a stun grenade a la old original raven shield days when clearing a room that would be fantastic).

That WOULD be fantastic if I could achieve this, unfortunately my level of witchcraft is not en par with this. Not saying it´s impossible but the only workaround I can offer is to have your units stack up and then taking care of the door and grenade yourself before sending your units in. Then again, some of your AI may decide to walk through another door. However, I do want to implement a possibility to delay the execution of orders, which could work wonders if I manage to include the features discussed above.

Thanks for the feedback, input and your kind words guys!

Edited by Mad_Cheese

Get Tactical from zapat has some of the best grenade throwing I've seen.

Now wouldn't it be AMAZING if you and zapat joined forces?

Yeah, being limited to overarm throws is a PITA. Underarm or sideways lobs for doorways (much less likely to bounce back at you) & some sort of 'straight' (or sideways) throw for popping a grenade through an open window, etc. would be great.

Continue to love this mod the more I get use to it and using it for certain situations. I do every once in awhile get to where one of my guys (or two) seem to not want to execute their order. When this happens it is hard to clear the system to continue to issue orders as their order (path) they would not execute stays on the screen. Other units will execute given orders during this. Just not say solider #3. If I spawn into them, then out. Sometimes this clears it up.

I do every once in awhile get to where one of my guys (or two) seem to not want to execute their order. When this happens it is hard to clear the system to continue to issue orders as their order (path) they would not execute stays on the screen. Other units will execute given orders during this. Just not say solider #3. If I spawn into them, then out. Sometimes this clears it up.

also a valid point, I haven"t figured out why exactly but so far the only thing that works 100% of the time is if you order the unit to stop (x-1-6). The button for that is WIP as we speak, but will have some options to it that may come in handy.

Here's a list of things I'm working on for the next update:

• New page in dialog for controlling aircraft (designed for helicopters and possibly small drones) -> options: simple waypoint, pickup_dropoff/full landing, flying height
  • Simple supression for infantry and ground vehicles
  • Option to cancel waypoints for planned AND/OR executed orders.
  • Tweaked conditions ending execution of plannedwaypoints
  • Improved flexibility when manning buildings
  • Option to return unit stance to "AUTO"

One thing that I will not be able to provide is looking near a window to select building positions closest to that window. Help on the subject is welcome, but the main holdup here is that I can't find a technique to get a Z-value for where you are looking. screentoworld [0.5,0.5] will always return a Z-value of 0. Meaning you can only determine 1st floor positions, which defeats the purpose of the enterprise.

Also, should I include small drones (the only ones that don't act shitty)

• Like 1

Hi,

IS there a possible problem with new version of CBA A3?

I can't load the game if I enable your great mod.:(

The error Displayed is :

"No Entry 'bin \config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/ButtonPlay.textureNoShortcut'."

I hope It can help

Windblow

Edited by Windblow

Yah it's insane that not all Windows have building positions yet there's that funky one in the center top of stairs. You should ask in Editing section as that's where the lineintersect + stupidcrazy math smart guys dwell

Hi,

IS there a possible problem with new version of CBA A3?

I can't load the game if I enable your great mod.:(

The error Displayed is :

"No Entry 'bin \config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/ButtonPlay.textureNoShortcut'."

I hope It can help

Windblow

Please,

Any advice?

I confirm that without C2 the game is working fine.

Windblow

Envoyé à l'aide de Tapatalk

Wouldn't a https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/weaponDirection with some triangle solve your problem?

Hey Grandmaster Zapat!

Well, in theory, this would work - but I don't have the mathematical skill to do it yet. I'm HORRIBLE with math. And to make it worse, I guess finding even a line intersect position on ground level is beyond of what I understand. :( If I find the time, I will look into it, I just don't even know where to start.

You should ask in Editing section as that's where the lineintersect + stupidcrazy math smart guys dwell

Problem here is, I would't just be asking a question. Basically, I'd be asking people to do the work for me.. That's bad etiquette and I can't really expect an answer.

Please,

Any advice?

I confirm that without C2 the game is working fine.

I am on the road until tomorrow afternoon, will look into it. But what you wrote earlier looks like an issue that I fixed before, so just to rule out the obvious let me ask if you are running C2 1.1 HOTFIX or just 1.1 (which had this issue with CBA). On the other hand, there's a CBA update saying stuff about fixed base classes - Not sure if that might have something to do with it.

oh Mad_Cheese, i feel so confused. :o

YES !!!! the issue was the missing hotfix .Thanks a lot.

I just tried it a few minutes, It looks great and powerfull. keep it on

Winblow

Ps : maybe you should add the hotfix in the 1st post:rolleyes:

I just don't even know where to start.

Well, let me know what you actually want to achieve and I am sure I can help you out with ideas, directions, algorithms, whatever.

Yes, there were some initial talks, but GTI was nearly finished when Mad Cheese started ASM/C2, and marrying the two would've be overly difficult at that point. However I am glad to help with whatever I can.

Looking forward to next update. Love this mod.

Hi Mad_Cheese, Love this mod its really great work but I was wandering.

I have a group manager script I use and when recruiting new members they are added to the units list but the old members I move to high Command or dismisss dont disappear. is there anyway to re-trigger the init of this addon or clear out the current units and re-add the ones in the current group, even if its a dirty way?

Hope you can point me in the right direction, Thanks again for all your work.

Hi Mad_Cheese, Love this mod its really great work but I was wandering.

I have a group manager script I use and when recruiting new members they are added to the units list but the old members I move to high Command or dismisss dont disappear. is there anyway to re-trigger the init of this addon or clear out the current units and re-add the ones in the current group, even if its a dirty way?

Hope you can point me in the right direction, Thanks again for all your work.

I don't really have much experience with HC and as always it's possible to assure compatibility with any 3rd party add-on or script. Having sad that, there's a variable in C2 that contains the array of your group units and keeps an entry for killed or disbanded units. This is to make sure the right formation number can be retrieved etc.

C2 detects changes in your group count and updates the variable after the fact.. But if you join/disband a larger number of units at the same time, as I assume is the case here, the add-on may not have enough time to react at the moment. I will look into it when I'm back home.

Sorry to tease y'all, but you'll love the update :D

;) ;)

Yes, BIG overhaul. I was really hoping I could release it today… But then: Bug of death. So I have to wait for 3 weeks until I'm back.

Also I guess it's worth mentioning that Grandmaster Zapat is helping me out a bit. Life is good!

Edited by Mad_Cheese

Noooo ... the extended wait !!! Looking forward to that release then.

This is a really cool concept, I mainly play singleplayer with AI since my internet sucks. Being able to easily send half my squad to the right flank and the other to the left only continuing to advance when both are in position really feels satisfying instead of the frustration of the normal limitation of the arma 3 default commanding system. This is now a must have for commanding my squad in singleplayer missions, i cant play without it. This mod really deserves more attention it'd be a shame for something this good and fresh to be forgotten about. Keep up the good work :D;):cool::yay::)

I have had some problems of when my ai squad mates die and respawn the dont show up anymore in C&C so that'd be something to fix.

Edited by MasterArrow1

is this mod compatible with ACE3?

Apparently it is. Though I'm bumbling though my first baby steps at controlling a squad. I've watched the update video for this mod. I've read every page of this thread. I've read the "manual" file. I'm having problems locating the "User Action 13, 14, 15, 16" in the Configure/Keymapper. I can't find user action 1-12 much less 13, 14, 15 and 16.

I'm assuming I'm looking in the wrong place, as in NOT the in game keymapper. There's no keymapper menu in the mods section for C2, so I'm stumped.