Oh noooooo :D

yes in fact i use an older version of cba (1.09), I wasn't aware of this issue. i will look into this and release a hotfix as soon as I figure it out. I would just post a link to an older cba in here but I'm not sure if that's good etiquette. will fix the OP until then. god dammit, always something :(

I really don't get it since I'm not even using CBA key-eventhandlers...

as far as weapon resting goes, I didn't really look into it much yet but I'm not sure if you can make AI look for a position that allows for weapon resting. Unless I'm missing something. I only see commands to return if the weapon is rested/deployed... great idea though, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Edited by Mad_Cheese

Oh noooooo :D

yes in fact i use an older version of cba (1.09), I wasn't aware of this issue. i will look into this and release a hotfix as soon as I figure it out. I would just post a link to an older cba in here but I'm not sure if that's good etiquette. will fix the OP until then. god dammit, always something :(

Thanks Cheesy.. Great mod, keep up the good work :)

The error is related to the new CBA Keybindings..... Check out CBA thread...

Reverting to older CBA version gets rid of problem. Can OP fix this please ?

The error is not related to CBA's new keybinds but to my included baseclasses.hpp that I use to declare classes for the dialog. If I delete the RscButtonMenu

class, the game will start without the error message but then you have a lot of Arma's menu buttons missing :(

The best I was able to achieve in testing was that the game starts, but the dialog was not displayed, you only got the mousecursor. I asked in the CBA thread, but for now please just revert to an older version of CBA as mentioned before

Okay, I solved the issue. Here you go:

V1.1 - HOTFIX

mediafire100.png

Sorry for the inconvenience.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** chance for an official changelog for this hotfix?

Thanks for the changelog m8 :)

Edited by Guest

Thanks Fox! Fast as a lightning!

V1.1 - Hotfix

- Fixed gamecrash using CBA greater than 1.09

- Fixed missing marker in dialog

Love this mod! Few questions

1. Is the mod somewhat dependent on the map used on (for effectiveness). On Kunduz Astan new map. I see some very awfully strange paths to target being taken by friendly AI (within a compound zone).

2. Seems the AI is reluctant to put two guys in a room still? Is this the case. meaning two guys dont' seem to want to storm into a room together

3. Is there any easy way to delete an entire plan if you look at it and don't like it? Or do you have to try and click and undue each waypoint for each guy?

4. Would be great to find a way to do some type of covering arc surpressive fire command at a given waypoint

5. I can't seem to get the sync to work. I get the Ctrl-LMB...get the green line , have them connected but doesn't seem to unfold . Only one of the guys seems to move ? I'm likely doing something wrong.

Thanks for all the work.

Love this mod! Few questions

1. Is the mod somewhat dependent on the map used on (for effectiveness). On Kunduz Astan new map. I see some very awfully strange paths to target being taken by friendly AI (within a compound zone).

2. Seems the AI is reluctant to put two guys in a room still? Is this the case. meaning two guys dont' seem to want to storm into a room together

3. Is there any easy way to delete an entire plan if you look at it and don't like it? Or do you have to try and click and undue each waypoint for each guy?

4. Would be great to find a way to do some type of covering arc surpressive fire command at a given waypoint

5. I can't seem to get the sync to work. I get the Ctrl-LMB...get the green line , have them connected but doesn't seem to unfold . Only one of the guys seems to move ? I'm likely doing something wrong.

Thanks for all the work.

1. I have tested with Kunduz and can confirm your issue. My only theory is that there's something off with the AI pathfinding in Kunduz, I was not able to recreate the issue on any other map I tested. This theory does not really make sense to myself, but the indicators in HUD mode and the lines in planning mode all show up where they are supposed to be - all the MOD does is send the AI to that position.

2. There is a lot of variables that are hard to control and on the other side a limited spectrum of available scripting commands. However, I am working on methods to make it a bit more diverse as it is right now.. which is that if say you have 2 units in your selection, unit1 will go to buildingposition1, unit2 will go to buildingposition2. For now, if you want to storm a house, your method would be to send in as many units as possible. This may turn out quite disastrous but then again, while clearing buildings is possible it's not the main goal I had in mind. It works better for fortifying buildings.

3. The 'cancel orders' button is in fact in the works. First priority is to cancel existing orders that are already being carried out. Second off course is to erase all waypoints for your selected units in the planning stage, but (as usual) this turned out to be more complex than I imagined because this can easily screw up any sync-items. This will require a lot of testing on my side, but I am working on it!

4. Also a feature I have in mind (are you in my head? :D). The problem here is that I need to keep it simple so you don't have to cycle through gazillions of options in the dialog, but I have an idea how I can base this on the looking direction you set.

5. Can you elaborate? Sounds to me like you are not hitting the markers. Zoom in and see if the problem still exists. I was debating this issue with myself before but decided against bigger markers since the mapline clutter will not get any better from this lol

Anyways, thanks for your feedback and input! Glad you enjoy C2. By the way, this topic will be renamed soon so keep your eyes peeled for C2 - Command And Control instead of the current thread title.

Hi Mad_Cheese

This looks like a great mod but I'm not fully able to try it out because C2 never shows up in the pulldown list when I select "Configure Addons" in the Controls dialog. It's not a mod conflict thing, I get the behaviour when running nothing but dev build 130283, CBA RC6 and C2 (latest hotfix).

Am I doing something wrong or us there an issue worth looking at?

Hi Mad_Cheese

This looks like a great mod but I'm not fully able to try it out because C2 never shows up in the pulldown list when I select "Configure Addons" in the Controls dialog. It's not a mod conflict thing, I get the behaviour when running nothing but dev build 130283, CBA RC6 and C2 (latest hotfix).

Am I doing something wrong or us there an issue worth looking at?

For the moment I am not using the CBA keybind system because I had problems getting it to work... But I am determined to get it right in the future. For now, I rely on User Action Keys, which are off course less ideal. I chose somewhat unusual numbers though, so it would be less likely to conflict with anything else.

C2_SHIFT MODIFIER: User action 13

C2_ALT MODIFIER: User action 14

SHOW INTERFACE: User action 15

LOCK 3D FORMATION: User Action 16

Big fan of TPW Mods btw!!

For the moment I am not using the CBA keybind system because I had problems getting it to work... But I am determined to get it right in the future. For now, I rely on User Action Keys, which are off course less ideal. I chose somewhat unusual numbers though, so it would be less likely to conflict with anything else.

C2_SHIFT MODIFIER: User action 13

C2_ALT MODIFIER: User action 14

SHOW INTERFACE: User action 15

LOCK 3D FORMATION: User Action 16

Big fan of TPW Mods btw!!

Thanks Mad_Cheese!

So how in fact am I meant to enter C2_SHIFT_MODIFIER to user action 13 for instance? If I select "Custom Controls" and click on "Use Action 13" there's no way to enter C2_SHIFT_MODIFIER. There's a list of keys/mouse commands onm the right, but that's it. I'm sure I'm going to FPDR when you tell me the answer...

Thanks Mad_Cheese!

So how in fact am I meant to enter C2_SHIFT_MODIFIER to user action 13 for instance? If I select "Custom Controls" and click on "Use Action 13" there's no way to enter C2_SHIFT_MODIFIER. There's a list of keys/mouse commands onm the right, but that's it. I'm sure I'm going to FPDR when you tell me the answer...

LOL well I must admit I am not not explaining it very well.

My custom controls mapping looks like this for example:

User action 13: L-Shift -> (referred to as 'Shift-modifier' but can be mapped to anything if conflicting with your personal keybind mapping)

User action 14: L-Alt -> (referred to as 'ALT-modifier' but can be mapped to anything if conflicting with your personal keybind mapping)

User action 15: End -> (brings up the interface)

User Action 16: T -> (locks the 3d indicators)

LOL well I must admit I am not not explaining it very well.

My custom controls mapping looks like this for example:

User action 13: L-Shift -> (referred to as 'Shift-modifier' but can be mapped to anything if conflicting with your personal keybind mapping)

User action 14: L-Alt -> (referred to as 'ALT-modifier' but can be mapped to anything if conflicting with your personal keybind mapping)

User action 15: End -> (brings up the interface)

User Action 16: T -> (locks the 3d indicators)

Thanks mate. Facepalm duly delivered...

Dude the building interface is a dream come true..and they face outwards!!!

OK so I got the keybindings working (!) and have had a bit of a play. Very very impressive work.

The main issue I can find is that stances assigned via C2 override anything else. Let's say I send unit 2 to a spot prone. Later, I issue press F2-7-9 to return his stance to auto and then a "regroup" command from the action menu. He'll crawl back to me. In fact any stances issued via C2 seem to be very sticky. If I order my entire squad prone via C2, then press ~-7-6 they'll all stand up, but if I issue ~-7-9 they all hit the deck again. It seems that once you use C2 you are forced to manage squad stance via C2 from then on.

Apologies if I have a wire crossed about the way it's meant to work.

Really thankful for the nice feedback guys!

@TPW - that's a fair point. I don't really trust the AI in "auto" lol... Basically, I use the "copy my stane" (~-7-9) to snap out of any (~-7-x) commands, because these have priority over the scripted stances that the addon relies on. I will try to think of a slick way to make units go back to "auto", this should be fixed easily. On the downside, it will not work with (~7-9) anymore I'm afraid, just a different method.

Good news btw... suppressive fire is coming! I have a rough layout for 3d hud mode but I feel a need to find something good for planning mode as well :)

Mad_Cheese you and TPW are two of the greatest doing it right now in the single player modding bracket *IMEO* It would be the fruit of Eden to see your guys collabo on a project together. I don't know what, I just know it would be revolutionary for SP experience as your current projects both very much already are.

But I digree,,, Are you guys using some third party addon to make your 'guys' copy your stance? straight out of the box to this day that "fx>7>9" command has been absolutely fruitless for me and seems to have 0 effect on their posturing "decisions"

From beta testing until now, I can only say: Cheesus Christ ! I wish I've had it in A2. I already told you, if you ever manage to include these buttons for AI Heli control like Fredkatz did, I donate amount X on your accont on the Cayman Islands :)

Agree that heli control was AWESOME ! C2 is of the same order for infantry.

Really thankful for the nice feedback guys!

Good news btw... suppressive fire is coming! I have a rough layout for 3d hud mode but I feel a need to find something good for planning mode as well :)

Wow! Will be fantastic! (now if we can find the old school way of AI tossing a stun grenade a la old original raven shield days when clearing a room that would be fantastic). Raven Shield had clearing a room with G0-Codes and grenades down so well...

Have to admit the speed at which my squad took the house positions was exciting and couldn't help but imagine if the enemy AI could give such and order while Player is hiding inside alongside Swat 4 banter and flashbangs...*dreams:inlove:*

Also, had some problem getting two man squads to face out of upstairs windows in multiple adjecent building. Would it be possible to change the potential house position orders to be more correlated with where the cursor is looking? For example if I control Unit 2 and 3 and look up at building with two windows that that would be the first available option? Sorry if Im not clear.