This looks super impressive. Downloading now.

Awesome mod OP ..I love the ghost recon feel

Makes single player fun again..

Just a couple things

Is it possible to add in the 3d hud mode to specify which directions you want your units to face? That would be the holy grail of controlling the ai !

Maybe holding the right mouse button when giving the move order and pointing to the direction you want the unit to face ?

Thanks

Hey,

In the current version, all the units face in the direction you rotate your formation to. This is off course not ideal for L-Formations etc because ideally each unit should cover another direction. I have implemented that already for the update but it ends up in a less clean formation so I need to tweak it a bit more.

Main WIP features:

- unlimited sync items per waypoint (Planning Mode)

- smart MOUT style looking directions for formations (HUD MODE)

- Adjustments for usage with vehicles (BOTH modes)

- exploring possibilities for further formations than LINE (Planning Mode)

By the way, if anyone had a chance to test in in a MP setting I'd love your feedback!

Mad_Cheese is there a way to do the dialog menu in the map or having a larger tablet screen. Perhaps have the tablet buttons show up on the bottom of the map when go into the map. Would also be interesting to see this done with like a real time satellite image. There's a satellite view script from Pixel Art, I haven't tried it yet. Been watching the video and your mod looks great!

Mad_Cheese is there a way to do the dialog menu in the map or having a larger tablet screen. Perhaps have the tablet buttons show up on the bottom of the map when go into the map. Would also be interesting to see this done with like a real time satellite image. There's a satellite view script from Pixel Art, I haven't tried it yet. Been watching the video and your mod looks great!

I did consider the map vs tablet/dialog option but went for the tablet since (in short) it matched my personal taste better. I find it more immersive although I can see how opinions may differ.

Sat view inside the tablet... I did try to achieve it with PIP before, but could not get the screentoworld command to work inside of that context. I also realized that it would give an unfair advantage over other players in MP if they don't have the mod.

Thanks for the input though, I appreciate it!

Also I finally got to test in MP and, as expected, ran into some bugs that are absolute no-go's. I fixed those already but want to test further and implement the remaining features before releasing the update.

Thanks for this great mod. Must have for SP missions when squad leading.

What are the rest of the planned features you have in mind?

Please don't stop developing this. I had so much fun planning the AI movement in rainbow six and now that we are able to do it in real time with arma is simply great.

EDIT: Units don't show in the planning mode unless I enable it under the difficulty settings. I'm hoping for a fix in the future.

Edited by Denco

Denco I made a simple mod to track units from your own group. Works on ASM and the main map. PM me if you are interested.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Please don't stop developing this. I had so much fun planning the AI movement in rainbow six and now that we are able to do it in real time with arma is simply great.

EDIT: Units don't show in the planning mode unless I enable it under the difficulty settings. I'm hoping for a fix in the future.

Thank you!

I am still developing it in fact - and correct, difficulty settings need to be adressed in the dialog mode ;) Thanks for the report!

At the moment the Mod is not stable though.. I might have messed something up, but there is also a chance that the 1.4 patch made 3d mode 50% unusable.

The Ctrl key will not block the default Arma3 unit selection when the keys F5 - F10 are used in 3d-Mode. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Should this be an 1.4 issue, I will have to wait for the next patch and completely change the layout if the issue remains. The good news is that the addon will be fully MP compatible by then and I hope to keep my other promises too.

Hi Mad_Cheese, just found your mod today, I am using it alongside BCOMBAT, FOA and WW-AIMENU, all seem pretty compatible,

I thought your video tutorial was excellent and well presented. Love being able to use multiple waypoints and syncing them in the planning map,

Just what I was looking for, keep developing this great mod, Thank you.

Hi there,

I just released the 1.1 update. In know it's weird that I had to change the name, but it's better this way because ASM was already a mod for Arma Samples.

Highlights of the 1.1 update:

• HUD mode now detects buildings
  • Unlimited sync items in planning mode
  • New custom indicators for HUD mode
  • Fully MP compatible
  • Difficulty settings considered

Or you can just have a look!

I tried to change the thread name as I had to rename the addon to C2, but it didn't work. If an admin could help me out, i would greatly appreciate it!

-> C2 - COMMAND AND CONTROL (formerly ASM)

There is also Arma Server Monitor ;), but anyway awesome stuff. Cant wait to try the waypoint sync and building holding.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Can you please make it so that we can hav +1 guy on the team that could control UGV`s, Drones and some options for the jetdrones that others are working on,preferably with PiP for recon,Without the need of a Backpack. Want that. Could you make it work with the Marksman DLC LaserSpotting Device,maybe using that as a camera?

Could you make the ones in houses take up positions with weapon resting in the windows?

Could you make it possible to use a" Drone Slot" to use for individual teams? Would come in handy.Could you make the Drone "bullit

resistant"?

Can you make the Sniper/Spotter Team a reallity? Adding them would be nice...make them find high ground by themselves and "Green Light" button for them and defining how they are facing.

Thanks for a great mod!

Edited by Teddybear1

Congrats on the new release. Watched the video, very nice features have to try them properly later today.

Reporting error from latest CBA release (v1.1.20.150408) "no entry bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/ButtonPLay.textureNoShortcut". Test with C2 and CBA only, revert back to previous version of CBA (v1.0.9.140907-rc) works fine.

Thanks for the feedback and support guys! Always a pleasure to be hosted via Armaholic and Play withSix.

@Teddybear1 that's quite a list ;) as far as the drone stuff goes.. Well, the only reason why I did not include at least movement orders for connected UAV's, is that there's a lot of things off with them compared to your group's units. DARTER's or Tayran's are less of a problem but the UGV's and Predator's etc just have their own mind and do not carry out movement orders as you set them up. Darter's etc ... I may revisit it for those, they fit the concept of the MOD better anyways. As far as the necessary items go (terminal etc), I would still make sure that someone in the player's squad has them in order for it to work as all I want to do with this mod is make some great aspects of A3 a bit more accessible. Bullet proof drones would also go against my code of honor lol

BUT: The sniper team is already possible, rather than making them find a position by coding you can easily set up a fireteam with sniper/spotter and move them up to the highround that works best for you, facing the direction that you want.

Hey, This is an awesome mod. I have seen it a couple of times and always skip over command mods but in work pressed play on the youtube and wow. Cant wait to give this a go. looks really good. If only the AI took advantage of weapon resting now it could make for some epic battles.

Thanks for this mod :D

Hmmm it looks like e conflict here (with other mods), but I get a error on startup (buttonplaytexture.noshortcut). Will investigate the conflict.

EDIT: Nope no dice. With only C2 and CBA running it fails to load (giving the above error)

Edited by Kremator

The error is related to the new CBA Keybindings..... Check out CBA thread...

Reverting to older CBA version gets rid of problem. Can OP fix this please ?

Edited by cub1