Sign in to follow this  
Markokil321

ArmA 2: OA Pre-EoL Update - Thank you!

Hello all,

I write this as a long time player and supporter of all the ArmA releases, i have have not spent much time on the forums until recently but have been playing ever since OFP.

I would like to say a big thank you to Dwarden and everyone else in the team that were able to organize this Pre EoL update for Arma 2: OA. Arma 2 has always been my favorite of the series up to now, and it would have been very sad to have seen the end of life come with so many critical unresolved problems and bugs. I will be looking forward to this update (and am sure very many others will too) and i really hope BIS allocates the needed and required resources / staffing into this to pull off the update properly and the 'right' way - ARMA 2: CO/OA DESERVES A PROPER CLOSING CHAPTER!!!

I will gladly help out in the testing/feedback of any beta patches for this update that get released (if this path is chosen), this is easy enough to do using Steam. It would be great to see as many community members also lend a supportive hand in any way possible.

So again a big thanks to Dwarden <--(this man deserves raise) and the rest of BIS team for tackling this project, and best of luck in doing so!

Regards :)

Marko

1517604-old_snake_salute_1280x720.jpg

For the people willing to contribute in the discussion regarding this OA Update, join this public Skype group set up by Dwarden.

Arma 2: OA pre-EOL (end-of-life) update done right:

skype:?chat&blob=iRmkMwVHquGqTjcraHdsABzkSXXatQTHhm-Rv4BELk3Ai3J9PUu-MXLWHSMEy_hSuhhzoB93eftZ

PS. Please if replying keep this thread clean of any unnecessary spam/hate/demands, this is simply me saying thank you for something i have hoped would happen for a long time already!

Edited by Markokil321

I agree 100%. Many thanks to Dwarden and others who have contributed to the Pre-EOL update discussion! :)

As he mentioned, EoL = "end of life", so apparently there's at least one more update upcoming from BI before they're formally done with Arma 2, the same way that ArmA ended with v1.18.

Nice! Arma 2 CO is the best game ever and deserves love.:bounce3:

I never heard about this until I saw this thread but this is awesome. Is the updating done step by step or will it be one update to rule them all?

I can't wait for this EoL update and I can give all my support, if needed :cool:

^ ^ From what I understand, it is likely that corepatch will be integrated. At least it is high on the list of potential fixes (thank Dwarden). :)

^ ^ From what I understand, it is likely that corepatch will be integrated. At least it is high on the list of potential fixes (thank Dwarden). :)

I heard this too (and this is great). Also hoping many of the other community put through issues will be addressed and that this update is done properly so we can all have a proper closing. :)