Sign in to follow this  
lexx

AI tank gunners watching wrong direction

Yeah, no idea how to correctly title this thread.

The issue is this: i noticed that some of my armored vehicles are facing their turrets towards west all the time, as if they expect an enemy to jump out of cover any second. The deal is though, there is not a single enemy in this area. The enemy actually is in the east. Yet the gunners seem to be unable to grasp this. I am not 100% sure if this really affects their ability to target the true enemy, but in any case it just looks stupid...

I don't really want to force their direction with doWatch, etc. So the real question is: What can I do? What causes this behaviour? How can I tell my armored pals that the enemy is in the other direction without forcing a single target onto them?

*Warning* Standard Question Follows:

Are you running any mods or scripts that alter AI behavior?

Nope, none at all. Just the dev-branch.

Only thing I can think of is the type of waypoint, but I would think that has a limited effect, if not that then my next assumption would be with dev branch (but I don't have/never used dev branch).

Yes, did this, but it changes nothing. The tanks just like to watch that direction as if something cool is about to happen.

Right now I am forcing them to target a different enemy after x event happened. Though it's still annoying.

Yeah, no idea how to correctly title this thread.

The issue is this: i noticed that some of my armored vehicles are facing their turrets towards west all the time, as if they expect an enemy to jump out of cover any second. The deal is though, there is not a single enemy in this area. The enemy actually is in the east. Yet the gunners seem to be unable to grasp this. I am not 100% sure if this really affects their ability to target the true enemy, but in any case it just looks stupid...

I don't really want to force their direction with doWatch, etc. So the real question is: What can I do? What causes this behaviour? How can I tell my armored pals that the enemy is in the other direction without forcing a single target onto them?

if the commander spots an enemy then the AI gunner will spin around and start shooting the real enemies. They simply point the barrel in that direction when they're idle usually and theres no enemies. Though it would be nice for them to keep the gun pointing forwards with the chassis when idle instead so it looks less derpy.