Sign in to follow this  
max1944

FreeTrack not working ingame, pls help

Hello

Freetrack works fine but I can't get it to work with ARMA3. Within the options unter controller "Track IR" is enabled but it does nothing (and it is not customizable).

Do I need additional software like a virtual joystick, or do I have to start it ingame with a certain keyboard key (combination)?

It stopped working for me a few months back, no real rhyme or reason as to why, I started using opentrack and it is honestly a much better headtracker. Grab 2.3 RC8 from here, it is actively being developed (unlike freetrack) and works exeptionally well in arma once you have figured your curves :)

Thank you very much. I will try it.

Edit: With Opentrack I won't get a image from my IR camera no matter in wich mode. FreeTrack and FaceTrackNoIR in PointTracker 1.1 Mode worked well, thou (but they won't work with Arma 3).

Edited by max1944

Ok fine,but i connect freetrack with wiimote and opentrack not work with wiimote.

Any solution!!!!

Thanks again BIS (sarcasm mode ON)

I created a thread about this because i didn't see this. I USED freetrack couple months ago. i just stopped using it because i didn't get used to it as infantry, but it was awesome as pilot. So now it's magically not working, didn't touched anything, i just don't get Freetrack in my controllers i get Track IR and that doesn't work.

So was this intentional or it's just another thing they ruin in their updates?

Fons, me pasa lo mismo, lo utilizaba para pilotar y ha dejado de aparecer la opcion Freetrack, el opentrack no tiene soporte para el mando de la wii.

The same in my options menu,Freetrack vanished without a trace.

I am trying to configure now OpenTrack.

What's the protocol i need to use for arma? Also is there any guide/tutorial to set it up? Or maybe someone make it work for arma and can give me some tips?

I'm not on my computer right now but I'll post up a guide on setting up 2.3 rc8 later on :)

Okey man, if not, sharing a profile would be awesome. I am using now pointracker 1.1 on the tracker option and freetrack 2.0 enhanced in the protocol option. I am trying to copy the curves of freetrack to the opentrack mapping but i don't get it. 1 hour now trying it...

I'll upload my profile so you can try it out, I also use pointracker and freetrack protocols. Have you set up the model dimensions and run through the auto calibration routine?

Once you've done that you should be getting some raw input data on the main screen, along with three green crosses and one red cross. The red cross signifies centre of rotation and for me appears in the wrong place (at the top of my head instead of base of skull) but it works perfectly with the auto calibration results.

Set the output to trackir only and hide the freetrack option.

The mapping graph horizontal axes is the physical input movement of your head and the vertical axes is the output movement in game. So setting the horizontal value to 30 and vertical value to 90 will result in a 90° in game motion with 30° head movement.

edit: here's a link to my opentrack profile, you will need to setup and calibrate your own model dimenions as I use a non-standard model; it's a 3 lamp ir led clip that I made, driven directly off a usb port. I also use a ps3 eye camera, 640x480 @ 75hz with a piece of floppy disk cut and positioned between the lens and the camera sensor to act as a visible light filter.

Edited by forteh

I can't get OpenTrack to work

PointTracker 1.1 / Settings / General

Status

Camera Info: Tracker offline (FreeTrack works fine ...)

Extracted Points: Tracker offline (FreeTrack works fine ...)

When I hit start a LED on the webcam turns on (indicating that it is recording but there is no image) and when I hit stop the LED indicator stays on. I only can turn it off by starting FreeTrack and start/stop the camera from there. Opentrack seems really buggy (Win 7 x64)

Edited by max1944

That's odd, works perfectly for me; start it up, the camera led lights up and I get three points + the reference and all tracks without issue.

Try uninstalling freetrack, it might be that windows is getting crossed wires somewhere and trying to use the old freetrack protocols instead of the opentrack ones.

Ok man, thanks for all.

Yeah i translated everything i could form freetrack to opent track. But i find that today i lost all my configurations?! all model dimensions, all settings appart from the mapping were lost. Yes i created a profile and yes i always saved it. So don't get it, i load it and all that configs are erased to default.

Thanks for your profile. I am also using ps3 eye in that config and a 3 ir led cap.

EDIT: Thank you dude your profile works like a charm.

Edited by fons

Try uninstalling freetrack, it might be that windows is getting crossed wires somewhere and trying to use the old freetrack protocols instead of the opentrack ones.

Cleaned everything but still the same (Tracker offline). Do I have to "install" Opentrack in a certain way? There is no installation routine within opentrack-stable-2.2.zip. I unziped the folder "install" and executed the opentrack.exe (as administrator).

Edited by max1944

Grab the 2.3rc8 file that I linked to, that's what I'm using and it works spot on. I've not used 2.2 so not sure what the problem is. There isn't an install routine yet, I just dump it on the desktop and shortcut to opentrack.exe.

Anyone loosing all the protocol configurations after closing opentrack? This is very frustrating... I save all the profiles after modifying them.... i don't loose the maps, just the protocol's setups...

Grab the 2.3rc8 file

It's the same (Tracker offline). I'm really getting tired of this and I think I will wait for the Oculus Rift CV1. Many thanks for the help.