Sign in to follow this  
rimblock

Why wont my bus driver stop at the bus stop if AI people are waiting.

Hi,

I am trying to get my bus to drive along the road and stop at a bus stop. When it stops the waiting AI get on the bus.

I have got this all working apart from the issue that the bus will not stop close to the waiting AI. The bus will pull over to the other side of the road before stopping (on the wrong side of the road). If I move the waiting AI further back from the road then the bus will stop by the bus stop. It seems the AI bus driver is keeping a minimum distance from the waiting AI.

The bus driver and the AI waiting are both "Civilian". The bus driver waypoint is "CARELESS" "Move to". The AI getting on the bus has a "Move to" waypoint with the "Get on nearest" sync'd to the bus "Move To" waypoint. Everything apart from the bus stopping in the correct place with AI waiting is working.

It was built in the editor and was intended for a cut scene but just looks silly at the moment.

Any ideas on how can I resolve this ?.

Thanks

Additional: If I set the behaviour to "SAFE" (the bus driver drives down the road to a specific point, drives in to the front fence of a house and the systematically destroys it with vengence (however many back and forth movements it takes) before pulling back on to the road to continue on his journey. Quite bizzare but a little amusing.

Unfortunately the AI is just not a good driver.

What is your objective here? A cutscene? Maybe look into UnitCapture / UnitPlay.....