Hi BryanBoru,

That cloudy picture looks awesomely moody and sinister!

I could be wrong, but it looks like the weather setting has generated fog. I get almost exactly that effect when I drop the Zeus weather module on land just under the level of the castle and turn up the fog bar. It could be a random weather event (I just copied the weather configs from Stratis), or you could check your fog bar on the Zeus weather module, and make sure it's set to minimum (unless you want fog).

I was happy with the photo as well, as an image it was cool, I will try to recreate the issue later today to help narrow the issue down for us.

EDIT: I tried to recreate the issue and realized it was a half and half issue. Half me being an idiot and not realizing the fog slider was set high, and half being the skybox looking...broken? Maybe too high? http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/710777690366419570/DBAF6725AFC83C71D16C1216CC5A8F1FCCEEE4C0/ (327 kB) This is set to Overcast and http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/710777690366419459/0E6E538E5F1677BAB36211356C5644BCCFA2891E/ (290 kB) This is set to stormy

Edited by BryanBoru
Added info.

That is a weird one. I haven't seen it before, but will check if I can reproduce. Cheers for the feedback!

Nice map, i'm enjoying it while testing bCombat.

Shame my measly notebook can't handle the forested area near the cimitero.

That is a weird one. I haven't seen it before, but will check if I can reproduce. Cheers for the feedback!

I'm not sure how to reproduce it but I usually get it fixed by changing the cloud settings and then changing them back.

For ex. if you use Standard cloud settings, change it to Low, then change it back to Standard. Mine usually resets to a normal sky after this.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

I'm not sure how to reproduce it but I usually get it fixed by changing the cloud settings and then changing them back.

For ex. if you use Standard cloud settings, change it to Low, then change it back to Standard. Mine usually resets to a normal sky after this.

Note that Im changing the weather through Zeus. Ill see if it is the same with changing the weather through editor.

Just a quick status update on Gorgona.

As you might have seen, I've just released Gorgona v1.3 (available now on all mirrors). This version appears to fix the major known issues with the terrain (see the changelog) like the annoying buildings-not-appearing-on-the-map bug (which means many - though not all - of Gorgona's little secrets are secret no longer!).

Assuming v1.3 hasn't broken anything serious - and absent any other urgent bug reports from players or fixes required by Arma 3 updates - this is the last version of Gorgona I plan to release for a while. The island seems stable and in reasonably good shape, so I'm going to let it be and move onto to new horizons... ;)

Edited by Major_Desync

Outstanding Major Desync, such a beautiful island..... I think it's the islands that keep me coming back to OFP/ArmA/ArmA2/ArmA3......

Thanks again for sending us the newest version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I've started using this map today and I've run into a bit of a problem. AI around Prigione won't go through the gates. I've waypointed them and tried opening the fence gates for them before they go through but they still won't go through. Has this been encountered before?

I've started using this map today and I've run into a bit of a problem. AI around Prigione won't go through the gates. I've waypointed them and tried opening the fence gates for them before they go through but they still won't go through. Has this been encountered before?

Nope - I have not encountered that before. I can't recall if I've explicitly waypointed AI through the gates there, but I have seen them move in and out of them on their own (for example, if they're engaging targets either inside or outside the walls). For what it's worth, the road paths don't go into the prison (IIRC), so they're not getting auto-pathing from that.

I'm working on another map at the moment, but do plan to release a definitive version of Gorgona (much) later this year. I'll play around with the roads around the Prison and see if this is fixable. Thanks for the heads up!

No dramas mate, I'll keep an ear out for it then.

Probably one of the more detailed terrains I've seen so far for Arma 3. Everything feels well-placed, the detail underwater is great, and the map feels... real. Which, I suppose, is what you were going for with something relatively small like Gorgona. Definitely looking forward to your update, as well as any other terrains you work on, especially if they retain this kind of detail.

Thanks for your kind comments here and on Steam! 

Future plans for Gorgona - I may do a small interim update before the end of the year to fix some small things that have been annoying me for a while, Then I'll wait and see what goodies wash up from Tanoa before doing a further (and possibly final) update (I don't expect the changes to be major though). Between the interim update and Tanoa, I may try my hand at publishing a mission or two for Gorgona. 

Other terrain - though Hofstadter's Law is in full effect, I hope to have a something new to tease you all with sometime this month, and a release soon after (for deliberately vague values of "soon").   ;)

I hope it lives up to your expectations, and doesn't suffer from "difficult second album" syndrome.

• Like 3

Just in time for the holidays - the first update to Gorgona in many months. Nothing major - just a few tweaks here and there (see the changelog below). 

Latest version is already on all mirrors.

Happy holidays to you and yours wherever you are and whatever holidays you happen to celebrate.  :cheers:

Beta v1.4 Released

Changelog:
ADDED: A few minor cosmetic tweaks to road paths (near Gorgona Scalo) and to the pier at the harbour in Gorgona Scalo. 

ADDED : Short road segments to gated compounds to allow AI to path through gates better (hopefully). 

ADDED: any changes to objects introduced in the latest (post-Nexus) version of Mikero's Arma3p.

• Like 2

Updated mod v1.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Major_Desync , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Update 1.60 has broken the sky in Gorgona. Efforts to repair are under way. Keep calm and carry on. :)

Update: Good progress on understanding what's broken - not just the skybox and lighting, but also updated surface textures. Hotfix coming soon.*

*: Your concept of  "soon" may vary.  ;P

Update II: Gorgona v1.41 (hotfix for 1.60) is live on Steam right now. Other mirrors shortly

Changelog:

TWEAKED: Config and surface textures updated to 1.60 standards. This fixes the 1.60 Black Sky bug. 

ADDED: Some clutter objects around the helipad.
REMOVED: Target range objects from the military base. Unfortunately these were crashing MakePbo for some reason. 

I'm not happy with how Gorgona looks with the new darker Stratis surface textures. I'll either have to figure out how to lighten them or darken the sat image, as right now Gorgona is not looking as good as it might (or did pre-1.60). The new water effects are cool though....so there's that. 

UPDATE (29/6/16): Visual optimisations are in progress. Spoiler alert - there will be some substantial changes to Gorgona - textures, clutter,  some vegetation - in the next major release (which will be soon after the official Apex launch).

However, I'm keeping Gorgona Apex free - that is no Apex objects, textures etc - so that it will run for everyone, whether they have the Apex DLC or not. While there are some objects from Tanoa that might work with Gorgona, I don't think they'll add that much to what we already have. It's a Mediterraean island, so the assets from Altis/Stratis will do just fine. 

• Like 1

Armaholic mirror updated**:

news_download_a3_3.png

Gorgona v1.41

** same version number as before as you requested, only archive was updated with fixed keys!

Gorgona has been updated to v1.50. This update should bring Gorgona back to a moderately splendid visual standard after the Arma 1.60 release, and it should be good to go for Apex also, provided BIS have no major engine surprises for us between here and release day.  Terrain makers can find the gory inside-baseball details here

Before and after 1.60 screengrabs here

The new version is on all mirrors (Steam, Armaholic, PW6) now. 

v1.50 Changelog:

Visual optimisation - Making Gorgona Splendid Again. 

ADDED: Green grass texture plus clutter. 
ADDED: Three large olive groves on the previously bare slopes on the east side of the island. 
ADDED: Miscellaneous trees and bushes to blend better with new, darker sat image. 
ADDED: Functioning or new lights to various locations, inc Gorgona Scalo, the prison and the military base. 
TWEAKED: Config lighting settings. 
TWEAKED: Sat image and mask image - there are some changes to the distribution and extent of the different surface textures. 
TWEAKED: Texture PAAs - to better match updated sat image. Stony PAA swapped for soil PAA. 
TWEAKED: Clutter on dry grass textures. 
TWEAKED: All non-concrete roads changed to dirt trails.

Thanks to t800a and Cype_Revenge for visual optimisation hints and tips. 

• Like 2