@Zonker:

Base: You know - I had not considered that. I think it's an easy fix though - I've a spot in mind on the south side.

Radome - I think that's how they work. In real life those domes are made from fibreglass.

I guess I was mostly struck (no pun intended) by the extent of the damage. Two HE rockets from the Pawnee completely obliterated the radar dome to the point that even the dome's base was heavily damaged. Meanwhile, the dome-shaped building in the southeast corner of the island can take more than 24 HE rockets before collapsing. I guess it's a quirk of BIS' config values but still...bizarre. Anyhow, it obviously isn't an issue specific to your island so please disregard.

Thanks!

The military camp has one entrance/exit. Maybe that's intentional and a good idea, it just seems like a potential bottleneck to me. A relatively small force could keep the entire base locked into the walled area by blockading that one location.

Sounds exactly how it should be, if you ask me.

Maybe you should teach your Arma group how to blow a hole in the walls that you don't like with explosives instead of crying "design flaw!" Satchels, explosive charges, AT rockets, or just a good old tank pushing down the wall work very well, in my experience.

Edited by 4

To be fair - I don't think Zonker is talking about getting into the base, but the problems that just one exit might cause the defenders. I had a look at some diagrams of typical base layouts and most have a secondary or emergency exit to allow a garrison to manoeuvre out against a force blockading the main exit without having to knock holes in their own walls.

Now, when it comes to getting into walled compounds, I'm with you, 4 - I prefer to have intact walls (where they make sense) that you have to blow through, rather than lots of conveniently placed holes.

Hello Major_Desync i just want to say that you have created a freaking amazing terrain.

So far it is the best terrain i have seen in Arma 3.

I really love it how you managed to get a real sense of thight streets and alleyways.

Me and my group hade multiple missions on your map tonight and all of us loved is so thank you for this awsome awsome map.

I notice one thing that might have been misplaced, at grid 025007 on the western side of the main wall of the prison there is a empty tree growing thing(no clue what its called).

The road in some areas might be a bit to uneven. For exampel such as the road at the harbour at the first corner when you are leaving the harbour.

Once again amazing terrain and i look forward to seeing whatever you do next.

@Granis: Thank you. It's great to hear people enjoying the map. It makes the hours struggling with TerrainBuilder and Buldozer worth while! :)

Good catch on the tree bin - I read your post too late to get a fix in v1.1, but it's on the list for the next update.

Roads - yeah, they're rough in places. I found it hard to smooth roads, so they're not always as well-built as they should be (the island authorities weren't kidding when they put up all those road signs and speed limits!). I'll get a road crew out to look at the problem area (the terrain cell size of the map allowing). ;P

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awsome i can tell you this so far i think i have spent something like 10-15 hours on your terrain and i have loved every second of it.

Now im gonna try out the new version. Keep up the great work.

Ps: About the uneven road i talked about this is what and where i meant.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=386299706

Overall i dont mind the "bouncy" experiance you get while driving on the island it just simple fits in with the island and what its used for.

Edited by Granis

Gotcha Granis - I've tried to realign that bend I don't know how many times. :)

Will give it another go, as that is shonky (that's what you get when you let convicts do your roadbuilding, I guess). :p

Lol gotcha. I just found that these two buildings has some terrain clipping through the floor(i guess some one stole some of the floor or is hiding the dirt from their escape tunnel)

Anyway great to see that you are on the case.

Lol forgot the link

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532884024390147188/C8AE28CF4FEEB2780904820EAADA1BDC93D50824/

I just tried the latest version and I love it! One thing I happened to notice was at [2987.03,2520.96,0.00143814]...the light pole is embedded in the corner of the house. It looks fine from outside but when you're in the house, it's more obvious. Also the terrain seems to rise through the floor in one or two houses. Still, this is a wonderful map! Thanks for making it in the first place and then taking the time to listen to feedback from the community.

Keep those glitch reports coming, guys - it's always good to get fresh eyes on a project and I really appreciate that you take the time to report stuff.

I'm fixing these as they come in and will release another "proof-read" version in a week or so.

Found another one. At 031003(north part of that grid) there is like a small ravine(i guess you could call it) that kills you if you go into it.

Might be something you either want to block or smoth out. Here is a pic of its enterens http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387143730

Here is something else i just found along the coast(032998 grid). Nothing major but it looks weird. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387145609

Found this really cool cave you made with a under water entrence. maybe add some rock walls to it http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387146952

That is if it was intentonally..... Righhhht??

Here is yet another killer ravine on the map. One brave slodier lost his life to this one. Please make it stop!!!!! :P http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387148808

Grid 023992. Oh and the rock infront of me hurts you when you touch it.

Yet another killer ravine starting to think they where place here to kill the convicts. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387150789

Grid 024989 south east part of the grid.

Might be editing this post a bit much but look another killer ravine while not as fatel as the other ones it still hurts you and wont let you escape.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387153212

Grid 009006 north west part of the grid.

Suprise yet another killer ravine and one that if entered you never leave also the rock to the left of the entrence has no collison meaning you can walk through it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387155260

Grid 016016

Guess what?????

Yet another killer ravine found and reported to the authoritys.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387157903

Grid 024019

I sure hope the killer ravine maffia wont come after my family after i reported so many of their members. :P

Well these where all the killer ravines i could find hope this helps. Got a couple of good laughs while looking for these. Oh arma how i love the goofines you sometimes do.

---------- Post added at 04:16 ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 ----------

On another note not related to killer ravines. Is there something or some bugs that you want us to look really hard for?

Edited by Granis

And I thought all the killers were in the prison. :)

That's a happy list of fixes for the next release (and you found the sea cave!). I'll do what I can to eliminate these, though rocks in Arma are are always an occupational hazard.

Priorities:

Obvious glitches like misplaced objects, ground clipping through floors (unless it makes sense like in ruined buildings).

Killer terrain in places where players are likely to encounter it - like the first example there, which is right by the buildings at Calle Marina if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't necessarily go looking for every single bit of killer terrain, because who has the time for that?

Thanks again - this took a lot of time and effort and many Bothans died to bring us this information. :p

Noooooooooooooo dont take away the cave its awsome. You can use it for stuff like a hidden stash or something.

oh btw i also found your "tempel" *wink wink nudge nudge ;)

Oh, I'm not taking away the sea cave - that was deliberate (though it may look accidental).

And gold star for finding the temple - you're the first to mention it! I wondered how long it would take.

The rocks on top of it do Arma you, but I don't think I can fix that and keep the temple.

First of all I would like to say thank you for such a great little map. It's one of those maps where you can just enjoy a foot patrol even with no enemy contact!

I wouldn't say its a bug as such but maybe something that's needs adjusting. The small town on the north east side of the island has a small bay, beach and sea defence wall. If you stand on the beach looking to the south/ South east, it looks like the sea level could do with being raised around 2 feet or so. As the waves come in they are ok on the beach but they kind of travel 'up' the sea wall, like there is a 'step' which then makes it look like the water is coming from the wall to the sea.

Sorry I don't have any pictures as I'm riding a train atm and I know it's relatively small in the grand scheme of things but as you were looking for bugs/issues I thought it may help.

Again thanks for this awesome map, can't wait to explore more after work.

Hi TokyoIndia!

Sorry for the slow reply (I've been play-testing missions and fixing forests) and thanks for the feedback.

I know exactly what you mean - it's how the sea edge effects interact with sloped terrain. It is a bit unsightly, so I may see if I can get a pier box in there to tidy it up a bit, so long as the solution is not more ugly than the problem. :)

By way of a progress report - I'm going to collate a list of all the glitches and bugs reported here and other threads (thank you all again) and do a fixathon, with a view to a v1.2 release in the vaguely near future.

Thanks for sending us the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Meant to do this awhile ago.

Great map man. Please continue to support this and to create new content. As much as I miss some of the older ARMA 2 maps getting a facelift for ARMA 3, it's guys like you that help me get over the "good ol ARMA 2" days.

I really enjoy this map, the flow is nice and I enjoy the variation of locales, One very important thing I'll mention bugwise. When you change weather in Zeus the world gets a little... wonky.

Here is an example of two shots from the same location, one with weather clear and one with overcast... http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/710777386958013970/13D6F7FD9966CB9C51AC5805DE48FA1205BBAB40/ (318 kB) http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/710777386958014292/8BC7C04F257B21F5AD86F418B1D2BA2BE677D798/ (101 kB) as you see, it appears the cloudiness comes from below you. This occurs while on the ground as well, but I thought these shots would show the effect better.

That is the only complaint I can see, wonderful work, too much goes into making your own terrain and I commend all involved.

Building placements shown on the map would be a plus, but beggers can't be choosers, keep it up!