Sign in to follow this  
shzam

Constant Shaking After The Last Patch

Hello,

I have been having lot of problems after the patch. First the game wouldn't launch so I had to reinstall it. Now I am getting this weird shaking effect in the game. Like every 2 seconds the whole camera shakes as if a giant is walking close by and shaking the ground. It is almost like a heartbeat.

Another thing I noticed is the bug with the inventory that I have seen posted on here with blank/black icons and when you walk over an obstacles, it is almost mechanical going up and down and not smooth. Another thing I noticed is when you use AT, it keeps locking the target even after it was destroyed.

Way too many issues after this last path.

Thanks,

RN

Same issue here.

Pretty annoying huh?

It occurs on every game mode / mod I have tried (Breaking Point, King of the Hill, even singleplayer missions) I have tried almost everything to fix this. Uninstalling-re-installing different versions of drivers, changing resolution, fov, whatever. Never had this with earlier ARMA3 versions.

My PC specs

i7 4770K

GTX 970

8 GB

Lol as a first day member I cant post links so enjoy copy pasting the youtube link - fixed.

Edited by burst
Fixed link

Try verifying your game cache in Steam. (Right click ArmA3 in Steam, then click on 'Properties' down at the bottom. Then click the 'Local Files' tab along the top, and then 'Verify integrity of game cache'.

@burst: To save people copy-pasting the link:

:)

Running any mods? If you could both reply with what (if any) mods you're running, maybe there is a common element.

No mods when playing KOTH or Wasteland. BP is a mod but/and the issue is exactly the same there. It definitely is a ARMA 3 issue because I don't have any shaking in any other game.

this happens also with vanilla ArmA3 no mod installed

must be introduced with 1.38

Hello,

I have been having lot of problems after the patch. First the game wouldn't launch so I had to reinstall it. Now I am getting this weird shaking effect in the game. Like every 2 seconds the whole camera shakes as if a giant is walking close by and shaking the ground. It is almost like a heartbeat.

Another thing I noticed is the bug with the inventory that I have seen posted on here with blank/black icons and when you walk over an obstacles, it is almost mechanical going up and down and not smooth. Another thing I noticed is when you use AT, it keeps locking the target even after it was destroyed.

Way too many issues after this last path.

Thanks,

RN

Same issue and after weeks of pointless emails with there tech support I am still no closer to getting a game in!

One interesting bit of info did come out of it though:

our developers are currently aware of this problem and are trying to solve it.

Please make sure one more time that you have your camera shake disabled:

go to Configure -> Game ->Difficulty -> and disable Camera Shake

Please note that on some servers this could be forced by the server settings.

This would imply that the issue is related to head bob/cam shake? so why can't a hot fix patch be released that disables this function client/server side?

anyone with this problem should email tech support to get the pressure on and get a fix out!

Same issue and after weeks of pointless emails with there tech support I am still no closer to getting a game in!

Please make sure one more time that you have your camera shake disabled:

go to Configure -> Game ->Difficulty -> and disable Camera Shake

Please note that on some servers this could be forced by the server settings.

Also seen this issue on our Wasteland server.

We ended up putting `enableCamShake false;` in our client init, and it's gone - so definitely cam shake related.

Just use -nologs as launch parameter to get rid of it. At least this fixed my shaking issues.

Thanks but that does nothing for mine just heard from Bis Tech support it will be fixed in the next patch!!!!!

Why are they waiting to release the hotfix for the shaking bug?

It's confirmed fixed at feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22400

This bug is game breaking. Affects aiming, binoculars, everything with a scope.

Please release a hotfix and don't wait for 1.4

Why are they waiting to release the hotfix for the shaking bug?

It's confirmed fixed at feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22400

This bug is game breaking. Affects aiming, binoculars, everything with a scope.

Please release a hotfix and don't wait for 1.4

Or, turn off camera shake and head bob in your options until 1.40 comes out...

Or, turn off camera shake and head bob in your options until 1.40 comes out...

I've done this and it doesn't help.

I still get the bug

I've done this and it doesn't help.

I still get the bug

Thats odd. It worked perfectly for me. I say that, I never had head-bob or camera shake enabled in the first place, and have never experienced this bug. Perhaps turning both options off and restarting the game?

I can confirm this issue exists and seems to pop up when we (my unit) restarts our public server. I can also confirm the fix stated in post #11 works.

I don't know what the fix in the feedback tracker was that is referred to in post #14, so sorry if my solution is already mentioned somewhere else.

I had the same type of problem starting a few days ago and tried all of the suggested solutions but non of them got rid of the problem.

For me the source of the problem was that the continuous zoom in and zoom out controls where bound to the slider on my Saitek X52 throttle control and when the slider is slightly off-center then you will experience what looks like a screen shake but what actually is happening is that your view is constantly zooming in and out by a small amount.

So for people who are still having similar problems then check your keybinds for the "zoom in (continuous)" and "zoom out (continuous)" controls under the View categorie and check if there are any controls bound that could produce such type of behavior (probably only analog controls).