Sign in to follow this  
xhdx

Connection drop when using Server Browser/Joining+Leaving Server

Hi, ever since installing Arma 3 a month or two ago, I have an annoying problem which I can't seem to get rid of.

As the title says, when i use the Server Browser, or when I join or leave a Server, the connection to all devices drops flat.

I only noticed this when my browser stopped displaying the pages. However, I didn't realize that it was Arma 3 causing this now, until I searched online. I've tried all the suggestions I can find which were;

• Add a new Registry key which limits the Bandwidth available to Steam
  • Limit the bandwidth the game consumes via Steam using Download speed

Neither of these worked and now I'm puzzled as to what I should do. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks for reading my issue.

I don't think there is much you can do to correct this problem until BI fixes it. I have also looked everywhere and tried to fix it as well, but I think arma just uses all available concurrent connections on your computer and not allowing anything else to connect until it finishes. You just have to wait a while after closing out of the server browser for the connections to terminate and you can then browse the interwebs again

I don't think there is much you can do to correct this problem until BI fixes it. I have also looked everywhere and tried to fix it as well, but I think arma just uses all available concurrent connections on your computer and not allowing anything else to connect until it finishes. You just have to wait a while after closing out of the server browser for the connections to terminate and you can then browse the interwebs again

Yep. I find it even more annoying when my relatives can't play what they want to play because of this. It literraly cuts the connections for all devices too, and continues to do so after exiting the server list, for about 2 minutes. I think i'll submit something in the forums for them to look at.

Thanks for reply.

How low did you go with the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\CafeRate value? Maybe set even lower number?

Did you change the steam ping setting: "Steam" > "Settings" > "In Game" Tab > "In-Game server browser: Max Pings/min"

Some routers have some kind of firewall/ traffic analyzing features which may kill the router. I don't remember what they're usually called though.

The last thing to try is to replace the whole router/modem.

How low did you go with the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\CafeRate value? Maybe set even lower number?

Did you change the steam ping setting: "Steam" > "Settings" > "In Game" Tab > "In-Game server browser: Max Pings/min"

Some routers have some kind of firewall/ traffic analyzing features which may kill the router. I don't remember what they're usually called though.

The last thing to try is to replace the whole router/modem.

I lowered both of them, but I have no idea what the cafe rating does at all.

And no, I don't think replacing the whole router or modem is a reasonable idea lol :)

I think I have the same problem, it has just started after the latest patch, if I can actually join a server, when I leave my net seems to be down until I restart my modem. I get a "Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (pramary DNS server)" error.