Sign in to follow this  
simon1279

Would you like to have a Save Loadout Module ?

With the new inventory system came in with ArmA 3,it will be very usefull a save loadout module, including the possibility to choose to respawn with the loadout you had at the mission start, or the one you had when you died, i know there are many scripts and functions out there but an official module could be the best and user friendly with the custom loadouts made by using the virtual arsenal in the game main menu.

what do you think guys ?

and also check out this:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22377

>> Official module could be the best and user friendly

Or it may not

I don't see what having an BIS sticker on it does to make it better than the ones that are out there, just look at Tonic's VAS what would being BIS add to that that Tonic couldn't?

Personally i don't use VAS, and i'm not very interested in it, i'm using the VA and i'm making loadout functions with a cfgfunctions, which is , under my point of view way better in therms of performance gain, for the save loadout, actually i'm using the @AGM module included in the mod, but many times, first timer editor guys in my community, are asking me how to respawn with the same loadout, without using mods, and i give 'em the get/set loadout functions by aeroson, but as first timers in editing for such a simple thing, they go crazy, this is the reason why i'm asking BIS a save loadout module, just because for newbies is simpler, and also considering the new inventory system, which has nothing to do with the ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 ones, i believe a module for saving inventory is a must to have and a natural consequence to the ArmA 3 inventory system.

Clearly the ArmA 3 editor is more user friendly in certain ways (sector modules are an example), than the one in ArmA 1 and ArmA 2, and keeping the ArmA 3 user friendly line, i believe the save loadout module ain't difficult for BIS to make, and will be a nice addition for all newbies that like to copy and paste stuff from the VA

It would certainly achieve to make the connection between the Bootcamp features and the rest of the game. Right now all those features are packed in their own separate menu and that's it.

Frankly it's a pain to close the editor, open VR, export, close VR, re-open the editor... etc.

A 3D editor is in the works. Now, i can only assume they would use Zeus for this reason, as it's not just a gaming tool, but i'm certain it was developed with other things than "on the fly" in mind. If they use the Zeus for such purpose, than i would also assume you can use the VA module and place it on units in order to give each and every soldier a unique load out with ease, due to the fact you can save load-outs, and quickly load them in seconds.

Following on from what slim posted.

We have noticed that a whitelisted VA causes red chains whereas VAS did not.

No idea why this is, we use VA anyway because its BIS and because its pritty.

But to be fair VAS ran better.

Just my tuppence worth :)

i meant pre-made loadouts on main menu bootcamp virtual arsenal, not the one ingame, which just needs a trigger with some BIS functions in it to auto save everything while you're out of the trigger area.

the module that i'm asking for, is for to save the loadout on respawn of the copy&paste loadout made in the VA, inside the bootcamp menu, not the one you can use ingame just like the VAS.