Sign in to follow this  
polecat.uk

HACKED? Weapon shaking

Hi guys, I think I was hacked last night in game.

I was playing on a king of the hill server (US HC) I was sniping from around 1000m out and doing well, killed around 25 for 0 deaths, I guess i pissed someone off as my weapon started to shake as if i was playing dayz and I was cold, ok the game is pretty much unplayable so I left the server and went to bed, next day I had a go in the editor WTF still shaking how do I stop this I really don't want to reinstall any help would be appreciate.

Regards Pole

Fade? that's for illegal copy's and this is not so I don't think its that, I have been playing with this copy from day dot.

@ jonathan0434 wtf you talking about, if you have nothing constructive to say your better just saying nothing

Its a quote from the Arma 2 FADE system, but seriously, its a Steam copy right? Cause that's the only legit stuff out there. And you better validate your local cache files

Yes bud had it from the beta and i play almost every day from then, no problems with fade.

Ok, go to Steam and right click Arma 3, then go to properties and go to local files, press Verify integrity of Game Cache and wait, there might be a virus in your local cache from god knows where but you first have to identify it

K i'll try that and get back to you thx

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

all files successfully validated

Well the shaking screen has been reported in the forums couple times.

Does the server difficulty use Camera shake Enabled?

Did you board any vehicle?

Was there any vehicle like tanks driving near you?

Camera shake could be somehow messed up atm or there's some hacking going on.

Ok....so no virus.....that is strange....might be the new patch, it messed up all lot of people's games, me and B00tsy cannot even launch our games! :)

Hang in there, it might be a online thing, try running it with steam offline and with vanilla settings. If it still occurs the best I have is to re-install and if that doesn't work then wait for a patch. Just to clarify, you did buy off steam right?

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Well the shaking screen has been reported in the forums couple times.

Does the server difficulty use Camera shake Enabled?

Did you board any vehicle?

Was there any vehicle like tanks driving near you?

Camera shake could be somehow desynced in the MP atm.

He said he switched off the game and then went back in to editor so I don't think that is the issue but I might be wrong :p

I'd suggest to delete those three files (ARMA3PROFILE File and CFG File) from C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\Arma 3 to see if it fixes it.

Be warned you lose your video and control settings so back-up them first if it didn't help and you don't want to mess with controls again.

Or/and you can copy Arma3.cfg and YOUR_USER_NAME.cfg and post them here so someone can see if there's a problem in those.

@jonathan sorry to here you and bootsy cant even play that sucks lads really. have you posted the problem maybe I can help, I'll look for your post.

@ St jimmy, Now that i think about it, I did have a jet pass close by at the time this started so there may be something in that although I'm not sure on Camera shake Enabled in the server.

Fade? that's for illegal copy's and this is not so I don't think its that, I have been playing with this copy from day dot.

@ jonathan0434 wtf you talking about, if you have nothing constructive to say your better just saying nothing

Yeah it was not an accusation, but that came to my mind. With FADE the aim also gets messed up.

There is definitely an issue with the 'shakes'. I've played 5 times on 5 diff servers over the past weekend - 3 of them had the 'shakes' from the start, the last two played fine for about 2 hours, then it started to 'shake'....everyone got it at the same time and started blaming a hacker or something (some sort of earthquake mod or something). There is DEFINITELY an issue that needs to be addressed.

Us too.

Played this last weekend. No server, but home LAN network with friends. Our last game, we did HALO jump into Southern Sahrani and had the 'shakes' for about 10 minutes or so after we landed.

Thought it was a cool new mod feature that took into account the cold high-alt jump and we were shivering. Was going to add into my HALO mod, but thought, great now I don't have to.

Looks like there is something else going on then? Kooky!

Is the shake intermittent? Like every 1 second it shakes for a moment, then stops?

yep it shakes for something like 3 secs then stops...then 3 secs then stops....and keeps going. Its almost like you're freezing or something. This then impacts your ability to aim.

I'm seeing camera shaking in relation to the tank physx bug, and there are some other reports of it too. Does anyone have video of it?

That shake hack is making the rounds. I've seen it several times in the last three weeks or so. The first time I saw it, the server admin caught the hacker and perm banned him. It cleared up after the kick and a restart. We've had hackers more than once in the last couple of weeks, come in and run cheat hacks. They were also able to take over the Zues, put markers on everybody and use aim bots, and those shakes, too. Finely had to permanently lock down the server and only allow players by invite.