mikey74

Ambient battle sounds Module

I just got around to trying the scripted version.

Just what I needed. It dynamically adjusts volumes so its not to loud when near the source, still audible when far away and seams to positionally displace them around the source.

Great stuff Mickey74!

I hope you don't mind, I've changed script to use sounds built in to game instead of the new .wss files you've included to keep mission file size down.

If OK with you I'll include it in next update of my mission.

Thank you.

@ Fox,and Kecharles thanks

@Jigsor Try my original AMBS its all stock sounds.

@ gienkov What do you mean?

Maybe I'm missing something but, why not just use the battle sounds in the editor?

I don't like those as much. I do have my original version that uses those still on the 1st page. Much smaller file too. And you have more options to make more immersive.;)

Nice work there dude! enjoyed the video.

IMHO I think ambient sounds are only really effective if there is a large scale battle going on. I appreciate people play different mission types etc, but ya wouldn't want them in if it was a stealth mission would ya?? (mission makers choice to use it not really isn't it?

Or even, if ya walking into a town and all is quiet, then the first few cracks kick off an ambush, then you hear the gradual increase of battle sounds. Could this be something that you could work on if at all possible. Just a thought from a realism POV instead of having the same consistent sounds looping over and over at the same volume.

I've not played with it yet but I do intend too, but can these sounds be played using triggers??

Nice work there dude! enjoyed the video.

IMHO I think ambient sounds are only really effective if there is a large scale battle going on. I appreciate people play different mission types etc, but ya wouldn't want them in if it was a stealth mission would ya?? (mission makers choice to use it not really isn't it?

Or even, if ya walking into a town and all is quiet, then the first few cracks kick off an ambush, then you hear the gradual increase of battle sounds. Could this be something that you could work on if at all possible. Just a thought from a realism POV instead of having the same consistent sounds looping over and over at the same volume.

I've not played with it yet but I do intend too, but can these sounds be played using triggers??

1) Right you can use them as you see fit. I'm sure there have been stealth recon type missions during a large scale battle. That being said. Yes there are deffo plenty of missions that do not need ambient background combat. Its just another tool in your tool box for making missions. ;)

2) yes syncing to triggers works. Say you wont it quiet at 1st you go in raid a town. other groups do the same set an ambs module down around the time it all happens. Name it Skirm1.Sync it to a blufor detected trigger. Then make the settings ummm says 100 50 500 false true 5 5. That would set ambs to small skirmish with no distant explosions just fire fight. Set up another trigger after a few minutes to delete skirm1 in init type in deletevehicle Skirm1. Have that trigger or another synced to another AMBS module call it SKirmohsh&t. Set it to lets say 1 1 3000 true true 7 3. Which would set it to basically a major battle because ohsh&t we peed someone off. ;)

3) read 2 but yes I like the idea. ;)

@Smill Thanks :)

• Like 1

@diehardfc Make sure when you name your mission do not use spaces. example West to East change to West_to_east. Filenames doesnt like spaces. ;) Try that n let me know. :)

The mission name doesn't have any spaces. I was worried that maybe I set the trigger up wrong, so I copied the trigger from the sample mission and put into my mission, but I still get nothing other than the welcome message when I preview it in the editor. To clarify, I'm trying to use the script so it will work when I eventually export to a multiplayer mission. Is the "Instructions.txt" file empty by design? I can't help but wonder if I missed something that was supposed to be in that document.

Send me the mission pm and let me have a look. Then I'll know. Cosmic and Sttosin had same probs. it was spaces in the mission name. this may be something else. idk. Best way i can tell is to have a look.

Instructions txt was just instructions. I have instructions now in script itself for script users.

thanks for the reply Mikey74, double thanks for explaining how to use with triggers, I get bogged down trying to work them out sometimes. grrrr! But I'll be having a play with it in a particular mission I have, which I hopefully will get round to releasing.

Edited by SpookyGnu

Jeza, one of the people who cooperates with Armaholic to create videos for the Armaholic Youtube Channel, released a video showing your Ambient battle sounds Module.

We hope you will enjoy the video, like and/or subscribe.

In case anyone sees this and he/she makes videos and is also interested to cooperate with Armaholic feel free to sent me a message here or on Armaholic!

WOW yes it is thanks Foxhound! Front page updated.

So i'm a little confused, if I have the script version of this, do I need all the players to have the sounds folder? Or can I have them download the playwithsix addon version, and trigger it with the script?

Sounds like a great mod, thanks for this! Will be playing around with it shortly!

So i'm a little confused, if I have the script version of this, do I need all the players to have the sounds folder? Or can I have them download the playwithsix addon version, and trigger it with the script?

Any suggestions? Would love to be able to use this tonight, just don't want to break anything or have any missing sounds

Any suggestions? Would love to be able to use this tonight, just don't want to break anything or have any missing sounds

I may be wrong Soulis but I believe if you use the script version it would be included in the mission and thus the client would get it when they received the mission.

Its triggered in the mission and the ambs folder would be pbo'd within the mission....