mikey74

Ambient battle sounds Module

ahhhhh thanks savage... I'll deffo try that! Thanks a lot. I'll let you know as soon as I'm able to test it. Thanks!!! :)

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Yup that did it!!!!

No problem!! When you said the addon version worked but not the script version a light bulb turned on!!!

lol love those moment. Hopefully tonight after work I'll upload release with sample mission and scripts. Thanks again. :)

Updated mod v0.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Mikey74 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hey mikey ,

can you upload the new version (0.3) on a normal Download page ,like Armaholic ?

thx

yup gonna upload new one hear for armaholic and others as soon as my slowwww internet gets my dropbox updated. lol In the link here you will have the mod itself plus inside of it you will find script version. ;)

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-02-2015 at 11:30 PM ----------

NEw AMBS upload! :)

Changelog:

New sounds revamped

Added input instead of selection so you can input your own numbers to make what you want the ambient battle sound like as far as scale and intensity.

Next update... idk how long, but there will be new cat for volumns. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

This is something I've missed a lot. Thanks Mikey :)

Thanks man. Glad you like it. :)

This vid has 3 different mods Im working on. 1) obviously AMBS 2) an experimental sound mod lol prob will never be released I'm not the coder or modder Jarhead is on sounds just bored. lol 3) Greener Vanilla uniforms.

enjoy

Edited by Mikey74

ArmA can handle large scale (more than 1 AI) battles now!!!! Finally! :) You are writing ArmA history.

ArmA can handle large scale (more than 1 AI) battles now!!!! Finally! :) You are writing ArmA history.

Nice one tortuosit ;)

Thanks guys glad you enjoy it. :)

Added some new sounds You can hear them best towards the end. Well a couple of them. Also editing the pitch of explosions.

Got a vid from Sttosin. With all new sounds on it.

Have another uploading that will be several hours before complete. Low frames though becuase of the vid capture.

For some reason, I am unable to get this working. When I load the sample mission in the Editor, the welcome message appears, saying "let the battle begin" but I don't hear a thing. Then I tried creating my own mission on Reshmaan, and that didn't work in the editor either. I have all the script and sound files in the mission folder, the init code added to my init file, and the Trigger in place, just as they appear in the sample mission. Is there anything else I need to do? The "Instructions.txt" file is empty in my download, so maybe I missed something?

Looks like a cool mod!

I do have one thing that would prevent me from using this though. Could you release optional .pbos that make it so that: there are none of those closer sounding machine gun bursts, and remove the audio of aircraft?

I think that's a bit too distracting if you're actually trying to listen for enemy gunfire or aircraft.

Looks like a cool mod!

I do have one thing that would prevent me from using this though. Could you release optional .pbos that make it so that: there are none of those closer sounding machine gun bursts, and remove the audio of aircraft?

I think that's a bit too distracting if you're actually trying to listen for enemy gunfire or aircraft.

The helicopter sound was coming from a real helicopter nearby. It lingered around longer than I thought it would when I hit record. He was dropping off some troops on the hill.

it sounded like in previous videos that you could hear fixed wing aircraft, also those close up machine gun bursts are still there. I just find that a bit distracting. It isn't really distant with that machine gun, it's more like "100 yards away on the other side of the hill I'm on"

@ The Hebrew Hammer ahhh yes I'll add a selection to the module and script by next release script maybe release after. There is no ambient air though. Just firearms and artillery and rockets sorta.

Another W2E with AMBS Gameply by Cosmic. This is without my goofy sound mod only ambs and whatever mods he is using.

Edited by Mikey74

@diehardfc Make sure when you name your mission do not use spaces. example West to East change to West_to_east. Filenames doesnt like spaces. ;) Try that n let me know. :)