Sign in to follow this  
ronhillultra

Binarize keeps crashing while crunching map with PboProject

I've got this problem for about two days now.

Pboproject worked perfectly so far until 2 days ago so i downloaded Mikreo's tools again and reinstalled them to no effect.

But I binarized the map with addon builder ( map works fine), but there are no roads.

I never managed to get roads on my map while I was using addon builder that was one of the first frustrations and the reason why I switched to pboproject.

I was wondering if someone knows the reason why would binarize crash while addon builder packs the map and works fine in game (except the roads).

Have you looked in the output and binlog in pboproject?

Those are the first places you should look when it doesn't work. Posting them here will help people figure out what's happening if the answer isn't obvious.

pboproject doesn't tolerate errors in the configs the way Addon Builder does. That's why it's ultimately the better tool for binerization.

In the absence of logs, I can only advise you to try:

1: downloading all the latest versions of Mikeros tools (the components that pboproject uses); - this sometimes makes a difference.

2: reinstalling your P: drive using Arma3P; - again, sometimes makes a difference.

3: use Eliteness to Lintcheck your config, layers, surfaces, clutter files; - this will detect any syntax errors in your configs that might stall out pboproject

4: check the requiredAddons line in your config. I had errors in this line that caused a crash during the Bis binerization step

This is the requiredAddons from Stratis, which seems to work fine with pboproject for me - (note: I was only using A3 objects):

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F","A3_Roads_F","A3_Structures_F","A3_Map_Data"};

Yea... pboproject if fucking awesome ( all praise Mikero :) ..... I seriously dunno how would i do anything if that guy never made those tools.

I actualy learned the logic behind the code just because pboproject was pointing me in right direction, but this time... no error was in log... it just crashes with this

(bunch of pages of config)

rapify x32UnicodeVersion 1.75, Dll 4.90 "roadslib.cfg"

No Error(s)

Esseker\texHeaders.bin

1 File(s) copied

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

and than crash

I had the same problem. No I am getting an Division by Zero everytime I try to crunch something. BI really has to work on that binarizer - even opened a ticket on the bugtracker.

I never managed to get roads on my map while I was using addon builder that was one of the first frustrations and the reason why I switched to pboproject.

I haven't used addon builder but there is probably a list of "files to be copied" and you're probably missing the ones associated with roads like .shp. That being said, I recommend pboProject. Not sure why it is crashing on you though.

I haven't used addon builder but there is probably a list of "files to be copied" and you're probably missing the ones associated with roads like .shp. That being said, I recommend pboProject. Not sure why it is crashing on you though.

I actualy had some errors with roads. I did cuople of custom ones. But i've delt with wrong paths and when no errors were reported and as soon as it starts binarizing it crashes.... allthough it worked fine for months... I dunno... I will keep trying....

Same for me here,

I have two projects with the same terrain.xyz file. The one does but have just 1 texture while the other Island has 4, the one with 4 textures keeps crashing since yesterday, the other runs perfectly through binarize. the second one ran perfectly before. I only had made some changes at the config that has let the binarize keeps crashing until now. Even with a working config it keeps crashing and all I got from the logfile is

MEM\MEM_IslaNubla\texHeaders.bin 1 file(s) copied
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.

...crash..

what is the reason for the crash?...this makes no sense :mad::mad:

Same for me here,

I have two projects with the same terrain.xyz file. The one does but have just 1 texture while the other Island has 4, the one with 4 textures keeps crashing since yesterday, the other runs perfectly through binarize. the second one ran perfectly before. I only had made some changes at the config that has let the binarize keeps crashing until now. Even with a working config it keeps crashing and all I got from the logfile is

MEM\MEM_IslaNubla\texHeaders.bin 1 file(s) copied
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.

...crash..

what is the reason for the crash?...this makes no sense :mad::mad:

I have exactly same log ending and problem (crash) :( And this error basically keeps me from working on my terrain as addon builder / binarise is still broken (You can not see buildings on map and/or interact with them with scripts)

Could please one of the Terrain Experts here explain why Binarize keeps crashing for no reasons? That would be too kind.

I dont get it, If I keep a _ in the WRP name as I have named it while export the .wrp file and defined it in the config, it keeps crashing. If I remove the _ it does not crash...Sorry but that is so annoying and makes no sense. I really would like to reproduce the reason for a crash, but this is not possible. So could please anybody explain what it is all about?

hmm...OK, the most obvious reason seems to be that ArmA3 tools installation ran faulty in some way, and I missed to let ArmA3P run over the tools right after installation. The latest binarizon worked well.

hmm...OK, the most obvious reason seems to be that ArmA3 tools installation ran faulty in some way, and I missed to let ArmA3P run over the tools right after installation. The latest binarizon worked well.

Hey I got this binarise crashing fixed. There was a problem in my config and when I changed them it worked out.

Hey I got this binarise crashing fixed. There was a problem in my config and when I changed them it worked out.

What sort of problem was it for you.... maybe its something similar to me

What sort of problem was it for you.... maybe its something similar to me

I´ve encountered that the reason for my continous crashes was a faulty installation of ArmA3 tools and afterwards preparation. What I did to fix it, Uninstalled and reinstalled the tools and ArmA3P overrun afterwards to create the respetive files and folders in P:\A3. Since then I had no crashes anymore.