dezkit

F/A-24 Shadowcat

Several features about F/A 24 worry me

1. Sweep wings reduce stealth and takes up internal space

2. Sweep wings reduce amount of internal weapon bays due to internal mechanics and limit wing pylons

3. 2 engines with internal weapons means large fuselage or limited engines/weapons and fuel

I'm no flight expert but these are quite visible after some thought, but its all relative to the size of the F/A 24

But as a Arma project I look forward to it!

Actually no, since the wing doesn't go inside the aircraft, but actually there is only a rotation system, that only changes the angle of the wing, but the portion that is inserted on the inside of the fuselage remain the same, and when the wing is in the aggressive position it gives the aircraft more aerodynamic and lower profile so that should actually make the aircraft in theory more stealth capabilities, this makes more sense when you actually think that the Tomcat wings didn't actually entered the fuselage, it only changed the angle of attack... this might be easier to perceive once looking at the schematics of the F-14

Actually no, since the wing doesn't go inside the aircraft, but actually there is only a rotation system, that only changes the angle of the wing, but the portion that is inserted on the inside of the fuselage remain the same, and when the wing is in the aggressive position it gives the aircraft more aerodynamic and lower profile so that should actually make the aircraft in theory more stealth capabilities, this makes more sense when you actually think that the Tomcat wings didn't actually entered the fuselage, it only changed the angle of attack... this might be easier to perceive once looking at the schematics of the F-14

I wasn't really talking about the wing in the fuselage but rather the mechanics for it, but I get your point, sweep wings do take up space but not as much I thought it would.

But when you think about it, it is still taking up space and limits payload and range due to the increased weight of sweep wings. And sweep wings are limited in weapons capability. Also wouldn't sweep wings limit stealth since there would be rather large holes into the inner fuselage which could compromise stealth as the radar waves would hit these smooth un-coated parts and go back to the radar piece. But it would create a incomplete image on the other hand....

I'm just confusing myself here but what are the pros and cons of this aircraft?

I wasn't really talking about the wing in the fuselage but rather the mechanics for it, but I get your point, sweep wings do take up space but not as much I thought it would.

But when you think about it, it is still taking up space and limits payload and range due to the increased weight of sweep wings. And sweep wings are limited in weapons capability. Also wouldn't sweep wings limit stealth since there would be rather large holes into the inner fuselage which could compromise stealth as the radar waves would hit these smooth un-coated parts and go back to the radar piece. But it would create a incomplete image on the other hand....

I'm just confusing myself here but what are the pros and cons of this aircraft?

Again Not at all, and i hope i doesn't have to draw here to explain to you, the wing is on the very top of the fuselage, the payload area is in the middle and bottom of the fuselage, the fact that the airplane is Stealth already diminish the payload option, and no the wing doesn't enter the aircraft, the area behind the area were the wings are is thiner than the rest of the body, and the area around the wings are larger, the wing doesn't go in, and then turn, it simply turn and the surface that is inside the fuselage remains the same all the time, it just tilts backwards

Pros: Faster, more aerodynamic, less surface while flying hot to be spotted "Low Profile" there are no holes where the radar would hit, the angle is geometrically impossible.

Cons: Losses a bit of maneuverability to gain more speed.

Again Not at all, and i hope i doesn't have to draw here to explain to you, the wing is on the very top of the fuselage, the payload area is in the middle and bottom of the fuselage, the fact that the airplane is Stealth already diminish the payload option, and no the wing doesn't enter the aircraft, the area behind the area were the wings are is thiner than the rest of the body, and the area around the wings are larger, the wing doesn't go in, and then turn, it simply turn and the surface that is inside the fuselage remains the same all the time, it just tilts backwards

Pros: Faster, more aerodynamic, less surface while flying hot to be spotted "Low Profile" there are no holes where the radar would hit, the angle is geometrically impossible.

Cons: Losses a bit of maneuverability to gain more speed.

Thanks for explaining that, Im pretty good with armored vehicles and to a extent ships but aircraft designs are still a thing I am trying to get around :D

It's his model, with permission.

What about put that in the first post?

Anyway I dig them shapes

No problem, I read my text again and realized that might be interpreted as a jerk because of the drawing bit, but I was trying to make a joke and be funny rather than kind of an ass...

An easier way to explain this would be, in the back of wing of the aircraft we have the Flaps/Aileron that are used to reduce speed and change the airflow and make an axis rotation, they go up or down, if the left wing rises and the ones of the right wing goes down you will rotate in your axis to the left, and if the one in the left go down and the one on the right up, you will go right.

Imagine if part of the wing entered inside the fuselage, when you would try to turn, part of the ailerons would be inside and since it would encounter an obstacle, it would break, causing massive damage to the wings, and eventually a crash

Looks good! (Just like your old 'Altain Air' aircraft you used to make before you removed them and blocked all contact from me.)

Well, I guess its good to see you working on ArmA mods still!

Dezkit, I love your work. I use almost all of your aircraft available on steamworks and make use of them frequently. I'm a huge Tomcat fan and since I don't really have Arma II I can't use the mod from it in Arma 3. Since no one has done the regular F-14....this is the next best thing and a dream come true. Wanted something like this ever since they shot down the Navalized F-22 and decided not to build the Advanced Super Tomcat.

I'm grateful and can't wait to see more when you have the time!

Edited by JackGallows

Looks good! (Just like your old 'Altain Air' aircraft you used to make before you removed them and blocked all contact from me.)

Well, I guess its good to see you working on ArmA mods still!

My thoughts, exactly... he´s been a little too quiet for a new project (almost two weeks of everyone posting here, except him...), maybe this F-24 has been scrapped already? Let us hope not...

;2870678']My thoughts' date=' exactly... he´s been a little too quiet for a new project (almost two weeks of everyone posting here, except him...), maybe this F-24 has been scrapped already? Let us hope not...[/quote']

I think he's also helping on the US Air Force mod, so that might also be taking up his time in addition to any other real life obligations.

I'm still developing :)

Great, this jet has already started the hype-train, we´re all quite anxious for it! Whenever you got some new screenies to tease us more, be our guest, Dezkit ;)

cheers!

Cant wait for this mod, keep up the good work,

Question: Will it be able to be used (with credits) in other mods? (like how you sourced your other planes/jets)

Looks cool, but how will it perform and what roles will it fill. Also who else is really annoyed by the fact there's so much stealth stuff in game and none of it does anything against radar.

I think dezkit has left.

Is it possible to get an update of where this mod is on its life cycle?

It's still going. I'm just finishing up classes IRL, then I can release this

Does that have the ability to sweep the wings back?

I don't know if dezkit is still active in the ArmA modding community but if you need any information about the Lockheed A/F-X or NATF designs I might be able to help.

On 5/28/2019 at 5:11 PM, reconteam said:

I don't know if dezkit is still active in the ArmA modding community but if you need any information about the Lockheed A/F-X or NATF designs I might be able to help.

Bro its been 4 years. Pretty sure this guy is gone. 

On 6/2/2019 at 2:28 AM, Dallas Medina said:

Bro its been 4 years. Pretty sure this guy is gone. 

Didn't even notice the date, went back a few too many pages I guess.