Sign in to follow this  
Poddy

Arma 3 failed to start (error code 81)

I cannot run Arma 3 after the 1.38 update. I've even tried re-installing the entire game and still get the error:

zqQHGBC.jpg

I've seen a few other reports online of the same problem.

Exact Same Error here, Arma 3 was playing fine yesterday evening.

I verified Cache.

I Ran Steam as Administrator.

No luck.

I tried both of those too.

Verified cache, which is fine, re-installed, tried running as admin, still no luck.

Yes,

Fresh install no Addons at all. I also attempted the Regedit, and to no avail. Still getting same error. I also attempt to run out of folder.

Here is what two errors I am getting through launching from folders and steam respectively.

n18w5pic7

http://postimg.org/image/n18w5pic7/

Here are my specs for the heck of it.

Windows 7 64bit

16gb DDR3 1600 RAM

Intel i7-3770 3.4ghz

nVidia GTX 970 4gb

DirectX 11

Edited by Handlebar

this might help you..... Log in to Steam and click on "Community". Now , at the very top left of your screen, you'll see "Steam".. click on this. You'll see "Settings".. click on this. Now a big box will show up and on the left side, you'll see "DownLoads"..click on this. Now look and you'll see a Box that says "DownLoad Region". You can set this to the closest down site near you for better download . It does work. I haven't a problem downloading yet. I found this by mistake .didn't know we had it.

Still no luck. Even after a complete freah install. I hope we can get a hotfix as arma is no unplayable as I am unable to launch.

Poddy have you had any luck with this yet?

No, Handlebar, still having the same problem after a fresh install, no mods, no other customisation, no registry edits.

Ms_Scout, there is no problem for me downloading the game, everything downloads and installs as it should, local cache verifies 100%, but still 'error code 81' when trying to launch the game.

I also have the same exact problem.

Nothing helps. I never modified the registry, it just fails to start after the update.

Arma 3 failed to start: error code 81

i have reinstalling, starting as admin, launch settings -nobenchmark... can not play after 1.38 update

PLS HELP!

Could we get a response from a dev. So far no one has addressed this and it is affecting a lot of folks.

Hey there guys! AppleJacksBrony here and I am also having this problem. I have re-installed the game twice now and deleted @BreakingPoint and @Epoch with no luck what so ever. I do hope that this is resolved soon, thank you!

My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-OVDKQaF-lkUiOE9YPY_w

Edited by Maio

A Temporary fix, if you do not want the update is to revert back to the Legacy version, using the Arma3Legacy136 code under the Betas tab. Arma 3 launches right up without a problem. 1.38 has caused a lot of issues.

That's something we had all tried a few posts ago. They are all off, if not off they the Largepages was never created in regedit yet we still get these errors.

I rolled back to a legacy version to play. Hopefully this gets fixed before the weekend.

At least you get an error message. For me it just freezes up after start without any errors.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

A Temporary fix, if you do not want the update is to revert back to the Legacy version, using the Arma3Legacy136 code under the Betas tab. Arma 3 launches right up without a problem. 1.38 has caused a lot of issues.

Legacy is wroking fine for me thanks.

I've resolved my issue.

What worked for me was UNINSTALLING Comodo Antivirus, then restarting my computer, and updating to 1.38. It launches fine now. The issue may be with Antivirus software.

What I had tried that had not worked.

Undoing Regedit FPS fix

Running Steam as Admin

Uninstalling Game/Reinstalling

No mods

I am using Norton (premium) and it never gave any issues with arma nor any other game. However, arma keeps crashing after start now without any error message, it just freezes at the intro.

I have figured out the problem. It is the new arma3.exe file. Your antivirus software is removing the file before ArmA can launch. The only fix to this is disabling Real Time Scanning and to restore the file.

Was there ever a solution found for this? After the patch to 1.40, I am now getting error code 81 upon startup. Game was fine since alpha, no issues. Now all of a sudden I can't play. Any help?

If you are trying to run arma 3 and the lanching screen pops up and you push play and exit code:0x00000051 shows.

YOU MAY NEED TO DELETE SPACEDESK

its a program that allows you to have wireless dual monitors 

I did this and it worked.

Hope this helps :D

• Like 1

If you are trying to run arma 3 and the lanching screen pops up and you push play and exit code:0x00000051 shows.

YOU MAY NEED TO DELETE SPACEDESK

its a program that allows you to have wireless dual monitors 

I did this and it worked.

Hope this helps :D

I created this account just to say

THANK YOU

It helped very much!