barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

No, I am not :)

You may order your men to rearmand after, at HQ dismiss them, all their locked stuff will go to the inventory.

Hello,

Great mission.

Playing SP.
Cannot get menu when I approach the Corrupted Official during side-mission.

Has happened twice. Don't know what to do.

You may order your men to rearmand after, at HQ dismiss them, all their locked stuff will go to the inventory.

That's going to bring 18 vests/weapons/items to the main repository and progress research? Or maybe I can hire 18 guys, and if they spawn with vests I dismiss them and progress research to the next step, and so on an so on?

Not everything, but mainly weapons, optics, items, helmets....

Is there a quicker way to loot dead bodies? I don't play with AI very often but I don't have enough time to throw all their stuff on the ground then transfer it to my truck. It's such a slow process that I can't get very far into it before a counter attack hits

• Like 1

Is there a quicker way to loot dead bodies? I don't play with AI very often but I don't have enough time to throw all their stuff on the ground then transfer it to my truck. It's such a slow process that I can't get very far into it before a counter attack hits

Just look a few posts above. Looting faster is apparently considered a cheat, and going through the tedium of looting vests and weapons one by one while your teammates do nothing a virtue.

Just look a few posts above. Looting faster is apparently considered a cheat, and going through the tedium of looting vests and weapons one by one while your teammates do nothing a virtue.

Lol, who said "cheat"????

Me.

I make the code for fast looting and this has destroy the scenario experiences for me.

I didn't expect that..

You grown very fast with arsenal at beginning which has ruin the missions goals

Ä°f its an easy thing to do, maybe consider making it optional/limit it to SP?

Better than that, I will add some delay for reinforcements in SP, so you will have a bit more time. That's in the to do list since ages....

• Like 5

Better than that, I will add some delay for reinforcements in SP, so you will have a bit more time. That's in the to do list since ages....

That would be pretty nice. I don't want to loot so quick that it breaks the game. But going into each vest, throwing everything on the ground and then moving everything on the ground to my truck takes quite some time. I may just be a newbie and don't know of a quicker way though.

That would be pretty nice. I don't want to loot so quick that it breaks the game. But going into each vest, throwing everything on the ground and then moving everything on the ground to my truck takes quite some time. I may just be a newbie and don't know of a quicker way though.

I'm mainly an Sp player and that is about the only way to do it.

barbolani's post 1011 will help things out a lot.

It's not so much that each corpse takes a lot of time to fully loot, but the number of times you have to do it, that's where the tedium is. The first stage is what, like 18 vests, 18 backpacks, 18 weapons, etc.? I don't remember how many is required by the next step, I am always getting bored when 90% of my time in the mission is spent on looting. The only real solution imo is to either get rid of the research, replace it by number of kills or earned points, or use an automatic loot function with a 1 minute gauge per corpse.

neofit, I understand your point and agree (to be honest, I never bother on picking vests except for me, as it does not apply to AI), but changing tedious on looting by tedious on waiting inmobile to the loot script is the same, don't you think?

I'm still on the rearm thing. Bring some AI, kill garrison, order them to rearm, and get out.

In SP this still means eat the QRF as AI is much slower than 9 players, and that's when the delayed QRF comes.

Hi, barbolani. Some early feedback on Tanoa Antistasi.

• It seems that that AK-12 is too good to be a starting weapon. Arguably, the best assault rifle in ARMA. AKM is perfect for this role.
  • UAV terminals available in the arsenal by default? Maybe just make it easier to obtain. It was an interesting challenge to get infinite GPS on Expert in Antistasi Altis. But maybe Sindykat is wealthier than FIA)
  • Towns on the CSAT island belong to NATO. Is it intended?
  • Maybe you should enable garage for helis (not planes) without an airfield. They are very useful even when camping in forest openings. And garage itself is not very realistic, so why not to make it more convenient?

1. I agree, but as AI uses them too...

2. You still have to scavenge for the drones, and seemed a bit uncongruent to have greenfor terminals on those boxes. Indeed only the commander role has the ability to hack drones.

3. Yes, CSAT cannot own a city, they only destroy them.

4. Well, the aim is to give some realistic approach in the unrealistic garage. Remember garage is there because of performance issues (not having the HQ too crowded). Helis must be kept in proper places with stuff for maintenance, refuel etc. so seems good to give the ability only near airports. Additionally I am really scared of the thousands of casual players ranting on they cannot recover their heli in the middle of the jungle because there is no room, it exploded etc. :)

neofit, I understand your point and agree (to be honest, I never bother on picking vests except for me, as it does not apply to AI), but changing tedious on looting by tedious on waiting inmobile to the loot script is the same, don't you think?

I'm still on the rearm thing. Bring some AI, kill garrison, order them to rearm, and get out.

In SP this still means eat the QRF as AI is much slower than 9 players, and that's when the delayed QRF comes.

I don't understand what the last sentence about the QRF means, sorry ;).

Also, I don't know what you think asking them to rearm does, but it doesn't help in this case. My guys spawn with assault rifle and a tactical vest. I need to bring a truckload of vests, backpacks and weapons to the main inventory. "<F2>, <6>, Rearm" ... "#2: Ready!" and he didn't even move. Rearm will make him try to get ammo from a corpse, he will never get anything else, be it in vanilla Arma or in Antistasi.

I agree that watching a gauge go down is not very fun, but 1 minute was an example. But here is what one needs to do to fuel research. At the first stage I need 18x vests, 18x backpacks, 18 weapons, 18x "items", etc.

* I bring the car the closest possible to the corpse(s) since I'll have to go back and forth many times. It's also better to know the exact spots on this car where you can open the inventory and where you'll be throwing stuff on the group instead.

* I check the corpse's inventory, depending on the way he fell you sometimes don't see right away whether he is wearing a vest and/or a backpack.

* He has both, dammit, you go to your car, drop your vest and backpack, your weapon and launcher too

* Go back to the corpse, put on his vest and backpack, manually put each "item" (radio, watch, etc) in the backpack, don't forget ammo, first aid and helmet.

* Drop everything into the car's inventory. Where is all my stuff? Dammit, rushing too much, pick stuff up from the ground, move to a better spot and this time drop it correctly into the car's inventory. Put back your vest and your own backpack, which is hopefully a Carryall or a Bergen

* Start picking up all the weapons lying around, hopefully your backpack can carry 1 or 2 so you don't have to make too many trips.

* Repeat stripping all the corpses lying around, pull your hair out when it's 10 corpses sniped at the top of a metal tower

* Go back to the car and start remembering what exactly was your combat loadout and where is it in all that trash :)

I have to do it at least 18 times for the first stage (assuming each corpse has one of each item), then 19(?) times for the second stage, etc. So I wouldn't mind watching a gauge for 15-30 secs per corpse when all this is being done automatically. Or better yet, select #2, point to corpse, choose the addAction "loot corpse into car", and see #2 perform some animation for 30 secs or 1 minute.

Oh man.

Hit Y button.

AI management.

AutoRearm.

Done. (not for vests)

Oh man.

Hit Y button.

AI management.

AutoRearm.

Done. (not for vests)

Oh, that window that is on a key that never reinitializes properly after a reload (instead of being on an addAction) ? ;) Nevermind then.

Oh that man that has been playing Antistasi for a few months and still does not know everything does not work with vanilla save?

So I'm not really understanding these garrisons. My friends take over an outpost, and we survive the counter attack but I still can't put a garrison on there because of "enemies near the zone" I've tried it with a factory and an outpost.

So I'm not really understanding these garrisons. My friends take over an outpost, and we survive the counter attack but I still can't put a garrison on there because of "enemies near the zone" I've tried it with a factory and an outpost.

You understand it but you don't want to believe it :D

You understand it but you don't want to believe it :D

:lol:  :lol:  Right. I just don't get how to put a garrison on something if there is constantly an enemy nearby. We have retaken the outpost multiple times, and Neri is on our side. Tried the factory and it's the same thing. blaaaaaaaaaah

Oh that man that has been playing Antistasi for a few months and still does not know everything does not work with vanilla save?

Not months. A couple of years actually, not constantly and for hundreds of hours like Pilgrimage which is working perfectly, but a few hours every few months to see if anything has changed in terms of SP playability. And apparently you still won't place the things that break after a reload into something persistent like a menu option. Or do what has been done with MagRepack, make the hotkeys resettable with Moduload when they are lost. I appreciate the hard work, but I just can't play a single-player scenario with no proper save-anywhere feature in SP. I am not wasting hours of my game time because a couple of pixels sniped me from behind bushes, and since apparently proper SP play has never been a priority, I won't bother you anymore.