barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

Spawn distance is critical, the more distance, the more AI in the scene. There is a monitor addon which will tell you how many AI is in the game, or you can put in the console hint format ["Units:%1\nVehicles:%2",count allUnits,count vehicles] and you will see how much are in the scene.

Anything more than 200 will affect performance for sure.

ah thats great I shall put this in and see whats going on.

@jaime1992: I missed this:

Secondly. Destroy/Steal Ammo Truck won't work. We stole it, and took it to base, currently sat near the flag but it refuses to see it actually being there. So that is a thing.

90% of the reports come from having stole the wrong truck. There are two. The good one gives mission accomplished once you board on it (or destroy it). Please confirm. 

Ah I only found one truck, I shall confirm again once the mission arises once more. May have just not noticed a second truck. Steal/Destroy armor worked fine but only after I put it in the FIA Garage.

I created a second headless client called HC2.

He joined and is helping HC1 but AI are still acting thick.

The cores I assigned the AI to are constantly maxed out.

The FPS limiter on the map screen what sould I set that to higher/lower? to decrease the amount of AI that spawn?.

Server FPS is good and normally sits at about 25-30.

also input the command in console above and at the time I had this

Units = 100

veicles = 105

AI was still acting very slow,thick even with that amount.

Please advise

Thanks

OK after more testing without HC AI are so much more smarter.

There is some thing strange going on because with a headless client AI act like idiots but the server FPS is awesome.

With out headless client AI are amazeing and realy are smart but server FPS suffers a little.

So not sure what to make of this :(

I created a second headless client called HC2.

He joined and is helping HC1 but AI are still acting thick.

The cores I assigned the AI to are constantly maxed out.

The FPS limiter on the map screen what sould I set that to higher/lower? to decrease the amount of AI that spawn?.

Server FPS is good and normally sits at about 25-30.

also input the command in console above and at the time I had this

Units = 100

veicles = 105

AI was still acting very slow,thick even with that amount.

Please advise

Thanks

Can you give the specs of the computer hosting the HC ? And if any, the mods loaded by your HC.

If you can, try to install ASM for one session and share some screenshots of the graphs. (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21436)

If I had to guess, looks like you are running HC and server on the same machine and you use specific core assignation thinking it will do wonders.

I think the sole reasons where you should use core dedication is either because you are hosting multiple servers on the same machine with a really large number of cores, or because you are following some uneducated tutorial which are too often copy pasted over the internets.

Arma servers and HC are using multiple cores for each calculation thread. Leave your processes be, your system will do a better job at balancing the load than you by ticking affiliations boxes.

I currently run Antistasi on the following setup:

• i5 5300U 2.3Ghz

• 8Gb Ram

• 250Gb SSD

• Lots of shitty corporate tools like HDD encrypting and routine GPO that are probably not helping the laptop.

Can go up to 150-200 AI with 50fps on server alone. Above 250 it starts lowering the perf (<40 fps server-side). I also run a headless simultaneously on the same machine. Can go up to 300 AI running between 40-50fps. Over 350 AI the fps tanks and makes it unplayable. My CPU starts hitting the 95% usage around 300 AI. (Top instance is HC perf, bottom server's)

200 AI : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqod1lt8yl3wvzf/200%2Bhc.JPG?dl=0

300 AI : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ph6zb1syjzrqlh/300%2Bhc.JPG?dl=0

On the 300 AI screencap the perf tanks because I use the splendid cam to TP elsewhere on the map, so the server has to delete the 200 previous entities, and recreate 300 more. You can see that the perfs starts to get better and steadier after few minutes.

As previously said, the spawning distance radius is critical against server/HC performance. When I test alone with 2500m radius, It can go up to 400-500 AI in sectors like the main airport. When I play, I usually set between 1800 and 2000, as it syncs with my detail view distance and I never have issue with performance.

Hi thanks for replying.

I dont think its server FPS as thats normally not to bad.

Yes I need to see what FPS etc the HC`s are running at I shall install ASM and get back to you on that one.

But the AI just dont respond maybe I have done some thing wrong in the HC setup?.

Though they connect to server fine etc.

How do I switch to Ace 3 advanced medical :)? at the moment it is only the baisc that is activated.

How do I switch to Ace 3 advanced medical :)? at the moment it is only the baisc that is activated.

Ace Advanced Medical breaks the respawning. And thus makes it so that once you die, you have to load or restart. As opposed to just respawning.

Any chance of adding the ability to set the game to Autosave periodically? I play this mission regularly on a dedicated server I host and it'd be great to have it autosave periodically so that when the server restarts, I didn't have to log in to manually save first.

About the HC issues, tommytom is the man, he knows how to use Antistasi with HC pretty well.

About the ACE advanced medical, it is you who set it up in some mode or another. Jaime pointed to some issue with that, but seems an ACE issue, as I haven't coded anything regarding that.

@winterbornete: No ATM.

Ace Advanced Medical breaks the respawning. And thus makes it so that once you die, you have to load or restart. As opposed to just respawning.

Cheers mate. Thanks for the fast answer :) 

Advance of todays patch:

- IMPORTANT: AAF will manage their vehicle purchase in a more progressive way, as long as it perceives FIA as a serious threat. This means they will not buy tanks or planes until FIA owns some zones. In early stages game will be easier, harder later on. AAF will save the funds for the future war, so for sure there will be a chance of heavy machines in late game.
- Mortars only spawn in outposts when AAF thinks it is a hot zone with FIA presence.
- Mortars shouldnt spawn inside buildings or anything with roof.
- Frontline checks will include FIA Outposts.
- AAF rebuild radio towers as timed task which players can disrupt or usie on their advantage.
- Increased safety check to mortar targets to avoid friendly/civilian casualties.
- Added ACE wirecutter and some more bandage types to default arsenal loadout for ACE users.
- Fixed: A code error made fastroping units wait too long between one unit and another. Fastrope should be quicker now.
- Reverted to the old HQ asset placement method as the new one was positioning the objects in very weird and ugly positions.

• Like 1

WOW this is awesome realy love all the updates mate thank you.

Advance of todays patch:

- IMPORTANT: AAF will manage their vehicle purchase in a more progressive way, as long as it perceives FIA as a serious threat. This means they will not buy tanks or planes until FIA owns some zones. In early stages game will be easier, harder later on. AAF will save the funds for the future war, so for sure there will be a chance of heavy machines in late game.

- Mortars only spawn in outposts when AAF thinks it is a hot zone with FIA presence.

- Mortars shouldnt spawn inside buildings or anything with roof.

- Frontline checks will include FIA Outposts.

- AAF rebuild radio towers as timed task which players can disrupt or usie on their advantage.

- Increased safety check to mortar targets to avoid friendly/civilian casualties.

- Added ACE wirecutter and some more bandage types to default arsenal loadout for ACE users.

- Fixed: A code error made fastroping units wait too long between one unit and another. Fastrope should be quicker now.

- Reverted to the old HQ asset placement method as the new one was positioning the objects in very weird and ugly positions.

Would the changes to Mortar's being spawned and the changes to enemy armor require a new game, or will a reload of a previous session ammend the currently spawned assets to the new patch changes?

Sounds fantastic though!

I repeatedly encountered a weird bug:

I bought an offroad at an outpost, entered it and then after like 3 seconds the offroad would get stuck.

I could no longer drive, could not eject from the car and not shut down or turn on the engine.

When I respawned, I still had the engine sound which would go on forever.

After respawning, the offroad was still standing around with me in it, seemingly alive. Other players or AI are also unable to use it.

This has happened to me repeatedly, on several outposts, usually after playing for some time.

I'm the host, we play HC.

Shall I upload rpts?

Very weird and probably something addon-engine related, but yes, sure, send it to me and I will check.

jamie1992:

The changes on mortar spawning apply now. The AAF assets no, as your save stored the number of each type of vehicle they have, so, in order to have a gameplay according to this rules, you need to start again.

Very weird and probably something addon-engine related, but yes, sure, send it to me and I will check.

jamie1992:

The changes on mortar spawning apply now. The AAF assets no, as your save stored the number of each type of vehicle they have, so, in order to have a gameplay according to this rules, you need to start again.

Thank you for the quick response. Shall start again from fresh then. :)

Awesome update mate been playing it for some time now.

Being able to move HQ about with in 30m is nice

Have you ever thought of having R3F logistics as a mod I think being able to build your base up would be amazing.

Great improvements, barbolani. I've just played today's version.

A couple of new issues:
1. "Move this asset" feature is useful, but "Drop here" option does not disappear after drop. And I'd like to be able to move the campfire or Petros too)
2. Object view distance is now limited to something like 2500 meters. Even with TAW view distance addon I cannot override this. There are many use cases for the view distance higher than spawn distance. Shooting down attacking enemy forces is one of them. Another is UAV recon. I think that the best solution is not to try to set view distance to a "sensible" value, but to give total control to players through some of commonly used scripts.

Will check 1, about 2, I haven't scripted anything on that.

Petros moving remains on the move HQ option, is the reference value.

Hey Barbolani, I just recently found your mission and boy - this is good! Real good and real hard! I have literally never been this challanged in a game to unlearn my bad habits, the most typical being "no need to retreat yet, i got this". Followed by a humiliating defeat always :) 

Some comments and questions - might be ignorant so forgive me

1) How do I actually get more HR? This seems needlessly hard. I have several towns switch sides to mine but I never get any HR. Makes the beginning quite hard. When playing pure SP I would prefer to get more HR, so I can actually make roadblocks, HC squads and such. Now I have a steadily dwindling supply of men and eventually get caught in a bad counter attack and have 0 HR = more or less game over I think.

2) How do you win a CSAT punishment mission. Got only one so far, and jets streaked in and napalmed my town to death, I got a fail even if I destroyed both choppers and killed the soldiers.

3) Mortars are pretty much a must have right now, the only way to even the odds. That being said, the enemy rarely seems to target my mortar.

4) Any consideration for having early game enemies be police type units (pistols and SMGs instead of assault rifles), might make the start more forgiving

5) How badly do you think a config replacer for AAF and/or CSAT will mess up the scripts in this mission?

6) There seems to be very few ways of disabling an APC to capture it - any pro tips?

1. In early stages, Rescue missions are your main source. When you have some towns, you will have 1-2-3 each ten minutes, which will be enough for your squad. Magic HR income number is still on trial and error.

2. With good AA surrounding the town, being ready to help the defenders, and some luck. Luck to avoid having one of those, more luck to defeat CSAT.

3. An anti-arty response may spawn from time to time if you abuse of them. Counterbatteries will depend on enemies awareness of your mortar and it's position.

4. No ATM.

5. Game crashing ATM. Tanoa edition is planed to be more flexible on that,

6. Mines?

Barbolani,

Running Mission on Dedi-Server with 3 HC's, always have.  No edits, no addons.  When enemy surrenders they "Freeze" in motion, ammo boxes appear and they respond with test to "Join" or "Interrogate" interface.  I started your mission over after taking half of Altis to try out the new features.  Could this be related to HC's?  i get no errors. 

Vengeance