barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

barbolani you cant settle everybody.

Your Antistasi is hard like shit but it should be like this.

Otherwise we would be have a rebel everywhere on the world...

Not months. A couple of years actually, not constantly and for hundreds of hours like Pilgrimage which is working perfectly, but a few hours every few months to see if anything has changed in terms of SP playability. And apparently you still won't place the things that break after a reload into something persistent like a menu option. Or do what has been done with MagRepack, make the hotkeys resettable with Moduload when they are lost. I appreciate the hard work, but I just can't play a single-player scenario with no proper save-anywhere feature in SP. I am not wasting hours of my game time because a couple of pixels sniped me from behind bushes, and since apparently proper SP play has never been a priority, I won't bother you anymore.

You don't bother.

With all the respect to Pilgrimage (an excellent mission indeed), I think Antistasi is like light years regarding complexity. It's a matter of focusing on 5 things and make them work excellent, or focusing on 500 and make them work decently.

And not being able to save / load anywhere hasn't to be a lack of features, as I know A LOT of games which won't allow you save anywhere (indeed lots of SP missions in Arma) as additional difficulty / gameplay point.

And I totally disagree with the lack of focus in SP, as 90% of my tests are done in SP.

Keys are resettable indeed...

Hi, 

This has probably been asked before, or is written somewhere. 

But couldn't find it in the wiki or with google and skimming this thread so I hope you can bear with me :)

I have set up a server with this mod, running as "persistent" so the server shouldn't have to save / load unless it goes down.

But we still get the question to load the persistent save every time we log in.

Is there a way to disable this, or will all players still get the question when they log in?

Will non commanders choosing yes do anything on the server, or is it just the commander that actually loads the save?

Is there any option for autosave persistent ? I saw some earlier questions where you had it on and disabled it, but I don't need it that often, just once every day / few hours in case the server dies. 

Hello,

First of all congratulations on the mission. We recently started playing it and we enjoy it very much!

As some people asking above about the "Autosave" feature, we are also playing in a dedicated server and it would be nice to have a feature like that. (Maybe use it as a parameter?)

Also as stated in the above post of Carl Eric, when we use the persitent save, is it saved on the server profile or is it saved on each players profile?

If i have the server to autostart the mission after a restart will the recent save be loaded or do someone have to join and load it?

Last note, we are having a problem with the revive feature.

Sometimes it works but sometimes you instantly die and repawn back at HQ.

Any idea on what it might be wrong? Do you use any script that if you get shot in the head or something to not be able to be revived?

Last note, we are having a problem with the revive feature.

Sometimes it works but sometimes you instantly die and repawn back at HQ.

Any idea on what it might be wrong? Do you use any script that if you get shot in the head or something to not be able to be revived?

I'm quite sure it is working is as intended. Difference between wounded (heavily) and killed outright.

Might be wrong, but it seems logical to me.

Hmm. kept trawling though this thread, found this answer in one post on the question regarding "Resume/load previous session".

"1. Game is asking to load their PERSONAL stats, which is their rank, personal money and some clothing."

Hmm. kept trawling though this thread, found this answer in one post on the question regarding "Resume/load previous session".

"1. Game is asking to load their PERSONAL stats, which is their rank, personal money and some clothing."

So that means that if i restart the server and someone joins, he will load HIS personal version of the save? Like the HQ position etc? (Assuming he was Commander?)

Is the save stored in the server or in client profile?

I mean if random people join the server what version will they be able to LOAD?

It needs to be clarified i think because i'm kind of confused. 

When the mission first loads, the very first player (or server admin) to connect and launch the mission will be asked 3 questions:  Enable switch commander Y/N, enable server membership Y/N, load previous Y/N.  If the player selects NO to this last one then the next screen he sees will be the map screen and a request to click where he'd like the HQ located.  If he clicks Y then the persistent save will be loaded and all HQ assets will be teleported to the save location.

Once the mission has loaded and these questions have been answered, ALL PLAYERS WHO CONNECT will be asked if they want to load previous, however, this question only refers to loading personal stats for the server.  Not the mission.

Also, with regard to persistent servers......Antistasi is a bad design for leaving up all the time.  Imagine this....you conquer and hold a bunch of enemy outposts, save it and log off for the night......over the next 8 hours the enemy AI is carrying out attacks on your territory so when you log back on in the morning it's all been recaptured and, if you're lucky, Petros won't have been found and shot.

The only way around this is to RESTART the mission and load the persistent save you did before logging off the night before.  However, while you're not there....if some idiot logs in, spends all your money and NATO points and saves it.....there isn't any way to recover to an earlier save.  So when I'm finished for the night I shut down the server.

If he clicks Y then the persistent save will be loaded and all HQ assets will be teleported to the save location.

Ok so if i saved let's say in position A when i restart the server if i'm not online and someone joins, if he select Y to load the save, he will load the save with position A i saved or something else?

Also, with regard to persistent servers......Antistasi is a bad design for leaving up all the time.  Imagine this....you conquer and hold a bunch of enemy outposts, save it and log off for the night......over the next 8 hours the enemy AI is carrying out attacks on your territory so when you log back on in the morning it's all been recaptured and, if you're lucky, Petros won't have been found and shot.

I think you are right about this one.

However, while you're not there....if some idiot logs in, spends all your money and NATO points and saves it.....there isn't any way to recover to an earlier save.

Ok so that means that the save is stored in the server. But then again i think they won't be on the "Member List" to be able to be Commanders and use the save function.

Also while looking at the mission files i see there is an option to Autosave / Autoload the mission but it is used only for the official server.

I wonder if i could add my server on that variable next to the official one to be able to use that feature.

Edited by Dexious

This shouldn't be an issue as the server halts with no players connected to it. At least unless mod author has done anything to change this default behavior.

Also, isn't an issue with randoms as this is a private server just for me and my friends.... though you never know what they might do :P

Ok so if i saved let's say in position A when i restart the server if i'm not online and someone joins, if he select Y to load the save, he will load the save with position A i saved or something else?

If you've left the mission running then when the 'someone' joins he'll spawn at position A, where you saved it.  The only message he'll see is the one referring to loading the save but it means "does he want to load his personal stats", not the persistent save. 

If you've ended the mission and left it on the role selection screen then he'll launch the mission and be asked the 3 questions, the 3rd meaning "do you want to load the persistent save" and, as long as he clicks yes, he'll be teleported to position A along with the rest of the HQ furniture.  If he clicks no then it's like starting a new game, as long as he doesn't use the persistent save feature you'll still have the one you saved previously.  If he does then you've lost the old one.

• Like 1

This shouldn't be an issue as the server halts with no players connected to it.

Are you absolutely sure about that?   Cos I'm not....

Maybe B can confirm?

Are you absolutely sure about that?   Cos I'm not....

Maybe B can confirm?

I haven't had it running for more than a day yet, but I can check when I come home tonight. 

The server states something as "last player disconnected, waiting for player" or something. Don't remember the exact wording. 

Persistent flag on the server config is just so it doesn't offload the map / scenario on disconnect.

I might be wrong though... Have to verify tonight. 

Nonono gents.

1. Use the system, no matter if you have the server persistent, main reason: I update the file and you won't lose your progress.

2. When the question is asked to a commander on server restart, saying YES will make the server stats load (+ his personal stats). Else, it will load personal stats.

3. You may leave the server without problems, engine is waiting for a commander to perform all the major things such as big attacks etc.

• Like 1

Nonono gents.

1. Use the system, no matter if you have the server persistent, main reason: I update the file and you won't lose your progress.

2. When the question is asked to a commander on server restart, saying YES will make the server stats load (+ his personal stats). Else, it will load personal stats.

3. You may leave the server without problems, engine is waiting for a commander to perform all the major things such as big attacks etc.

Thanks for clarifying barbolani.

Also how about the "Autosave" feature?

Can i replace the server name in the variable you have in the script and use it?

Edited by Dexious

No way!

The code for official affect a couple things more. Is designed for really open servers. If you plan to play with friends, believe me you don't need Autosave, HQ is visited from time to time at bullet speed :)

Thanks for the update barbolani

Guess I'll just have to play it more and I'll figure the stuff out :)

Btw.. I had a small issue when I tried to set up headless clients yesterday.

First, when I fired up the headless clients before I joined, one of the headless was commander and I couldn't change it. 

After restart, i joined first and then got commander. But as the HC joined I kept getting "commander has left, omez is the new commander" several times.

Probably not an issue as long as I don't loose command to one of the headless when I leave / join the server later, just thought it was a bit weird. 

Yes, it is a known issue.

Currently focused on Tanoa, there you won't find that bug (see forum post: Warlords of the Pacific). If you have time, as you have a running HC platform, I would be very thankful if you make a try and tell me if everything is ok there.

Hmm, i'll test it out when I get the chance, probably not before tomorrow. 

I'll keep you posted with what I find. 

Is that too limited to 3 HC clients, or should I fire up more?

It only supports up to 3 HCs (should be enough for a very interesting-crowded of AI match)

ok. I'll test.. will be fun to see how far I can push the AI spawning.

Btw, thinking about the initial HQ spawn. There is a bit annoying to click repeatedly around the map until you find a point to spawn.

I haven't checked Tanao yet, so you might have done something different there, but my thought is:

Can you have the initial map show a red checker overlay where you can not place a base? 

This will show you areas that are clear and you don't have to search to find a point to spawn.

Alternativly, can you have a confirmation before you spawn the base?

When I was searching for spots to place, it goes "no, no, no, no, SPAWN".. When I knew a area to be far enough from enemies I might want to optimize a little (so I dont spawn on fences)

Minor part anyway as you can just manually move the HQ shortly after, but just my thoughts. 

B,  we're running a WotP server with 1x HC, seems to be working well.  Civ spawning on 3%, contact spawning at 1600m, around 6 players.

1600 mts? Are you planning to use jets??? In Tanoa 900 mts is good enough :)

ok. I'll test.. will be fun to see how far I can push the AI spawning.

Btw, thinking about the initial HQ spawn. There is a bit annoying to click repeatedly around the map until you find a point to spawn.

I haven't checked Tanao yet, so you might have done something different there, but my thought is:

Can you have the initial map show a red checker overlay where you can not place a base? 

This will show you areas that are clear and you don't have to search to find a point to spawn.

Alternativly, can you have a confirmation before you spawn the base?

When I was searching for spots to place, it goes "no, no, no, no, SPAWN".. When I knew a area to be far enough from enemies I might want to optimize a little (so I dont spawn on fences)

Minor part anyway as you can just manually move the HQ shortly after, but just my thoughts. 

I could put some kind of circles around each zone which will be a visual aid to know where you can / cannot place your HQ on the begining. Noted!

• Like 2

Hi @barbolani,

first of all thanks for your work, antistasi is a great coop mission and we love to play it. But since the first published Tanoa version you changed something, which causes that our server slows down in a huge desync (The last two releases caused a huge mess on our dedicated server). A member of our clan said that your are already aware of this problem but I would like to know if you made any progress yet?