barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

I know that this question relates to trying to play the mission in a way it's not intended but I figured I'd give a shot at asking here since I'm curious and would like to have this functionality:

I've tried two methods to have Zeus, and possibly Virtual Arsenal, with this mission without editing it to try and add it in myself (not sure if that would mess up anything anyway, like respawns, I know it did on another mission I liked to play).

Obviously, MCC was blocked by the mission because of its possibility to alter the A.I.

Here's where my curiosity-driven question comes in: I tried to use "NSS Admin Control Panel" to access Zeus. If you're familiar with this mod, with the Zeus option you can either create a new curator or force the interface. Obviously, when I forced the Zeus interface, I was unable to exit the Zeus UI without respawning (can't remember if this messed up the mission as I'm about to mention). To avoid that, I tried using the other option to "create a curator"...and it worked successfully! I dropped a couple of Prowlers and exited Zeus. It was either shortly after or after I saved and reloaded the server that I noticed that the top bar displaying the mission information was gone. I assumed that this may have caused other issues with the mission and, aside from that, that bar is pretty useful/necessary to play the mission...so I gave up on it.

I have a few questions:

1) Why did creating a curator to open Zeus with NSS cause the top bar to disappear? Would that cause any other complications, out of further curiosity?

2) Is there a simple way to access Zeus or an unrestricted Arsenal without editing the mission file? Would editing the mission file cause other complications if I made the playable units able to access Zeus (I haven't looked at the mission, assuming this is what I'd do)?

I am Zeus ignorant but:

1. Nothing with Zeus, I assume you are using vanilla save / load. Malfunctions there. The mission has an in built save system. Use it instead.

2. No idea. Zeus in Antistasi is kinda "cheating", but I don't know how to implement anything. About arsenal, yes, if you know how to edit arsenal scripts, check the scripting thread in steam forums and you will find info there.

Is there a chance that seaport ammobox contains Special purpose helmet (apex stuff) ?

To add extra items in spawned ammo boxes you merely add the classnames in the init file.  Check the Steam forums for details.

Controlling Roadblocks: Can you take control of a roadblock or just outposts? After taking out a roadblock, I got a message pop up that said "Roadblock Cleared"...I walked up to the flag and saw the word "Flag" there....but how do you actually interact with the flag to take control of the roadblock? Thanks.

DBlack: Apologies to Barbolani if he'd rather not see a discussion on Zeus. I can delete this if need be.

In our player group, we've occasionally had a need to use Zeus to "catch up" after the game crashes, losing several hours' progress. I edited the mission file to only add a zeus game master module. I set Zeus owner = #adminLogged to restrict it. Don't forget to set addons to all unofficial addons as well. Works great, esp with the Achilles addon (which also includes all Ares functions).

Once you've got that, then Ares/Achilles lets you edit ammo boxes so you can add arsenal items (by clicking minus to set item count to infinite). You can also execute code on an object to use

["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

on a new Zeus-placed ammo box. You won't / shouldn't use it on the Antistasi HQ ammo support crate. Keep in mind that your new VA object will not save the VA code when you use the Antistasi save game function from the mapboard menu. If the object itself (as with any object) is within 50m of your base, the object will save. Then when you reload game in the next session, use Achilles Zeus to add all objects (within 100m) to Zeus, then re-edit the object.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191113-ares-mod-achilles-expansion/

Clearly, these are temporary and inconvenient actions to repeatedly do, so we prefer to only use them in case of need to fix something we screwed up or get Arma'ed by weird bug behavior, and not as a regular cheat to avoid the normal mission play.

I have a few questions:

1) Why did creating a curator to open Zeus with NSS cause the top bar to disappear? Would that cause any other complications, out of further curiosity?

2) Is there a simple way to access Zeus or an unrestricted Arsenal without editing the mission file? Would editing the mission file cause other complications if I made the playable units able to access Zeus (I haven't looked at the mission, assuming this is what I'd do)?

Unfortunately you miss the scenario goals.

Mission devs have work hard to bring it close as possible to realistic guerrilla simulator.

This mission  is just beautifully. You want more gear fight hard and this scenario will support you.

Provided that Arma doesn't crash when we save our progress, I certainly agree with you.

Our group avoided the temptation of Zeus until we'd had to reload a previous save game twice and each time spent 2-3 hours recapturing the exact same AAF base. We've also occasionally lost progress for an ammo or weapons crate here or there (from capturing outposts). Frankly, the only reason I added Zeus in was to fix these frustrating losses.

I know the mission has been tested by a large group and otherwise runs really well. We still love the mission, esp with RHS. Apparently for us, when my local dedi server runs the mission for "too long" (have figured out what meets the condition), when I go to save or clean garbage, sometimes the mission will hang or crash. Typically the more active we've been (lots of dropped objects, destroyed debris, bodies, etc.), the sooner this happens. We've been trying to identify the causes so that I can make a helpful report of the issue.

Unfortunately you miss the scenario goals.

Mission devs have work hard to bring it close as possible to realistic guerrilla simulator.

This mission  is just beautifully. You want more gear fight hard and this scenario will support you.

It seems that the line below breaks ACE3 item release action.

Is there something you can do about this? If not, is commenting this line going to do anything damaging to the mission?

initPlayerLocal.sqf

player addEventHandler ["GetOutMan",{removeAllActions player}];

i like this style of mission thx for the hard work.

Matosh it seems to help sometimes ;).

Other question when i load a old session on a dedi, all seems to work but the time of the task and the time of the mission is not synced or something.

And the problem is when you restart the server and load the mission you are before a 6:00 at the standard location until you load your previous session but the the old time of it is load but for the task its always the standard begining time so its little bit confusing 

I'm bad at this game, no doubt. And my english is bad too (sorry guys)

But the early it's MEH, i'm playing it as SP and i love this mission as much as i hate it.

It remember me Dark Souls but harder.

I understand the warfare simulation and guerrilla tactis, all the mission is nicely done but there's literally too many things to do before reach something you can call a "Set up" especially if tasks spawn 3+ Km away from my HQ (Can't go offroad and can't get throu road blocks)

I tried many start strategies, AI is not an option at the start (Not before 2/3 trainings) Playing as a Lone Wolf and want to share some experience with you:

Supply Task, get a truck go to "City" wait 2 min=Profit, no. last city i went to had 10 AAF Soldiers + a Strider, i mean i'm delivering supplies not gonna Rape their childrens, i know they don't like me but rly, 10/15 infantry+ a Strider JUST for this kind of task?

Another Example, Supply Truck task went spotted and you have to recover it and deliver it. Went to the place found a Transport truck full of soldiers, must have been 8/10, managed to kill them all from distance, went into the truck loaded it and after like 200m a Strider +2 Tank spotted me, game over

It's like every "Easy" Task is anyway too hard for the early stages

Only usefull thing i unlock are RGO Nades.

That's just 2 of the frustrating things happened to me while playing this, always so close to accomplish something but never make it

AI it's useless at the start as i said before, they just die and do nothing (they have bad weapons too, not totally their fault but well..)

I tried the "Easy" Start, but feel not satisfied at all playing that way.

Would be nice if at least early tasks like city supplies were a little easier (Like 2-3 bad guys waiting for you, not an army) sometimes i play for 2-3 hours and do no progress at all, it's just try ,die, load.

Anyway, the mission is one of the best i every played, it's hard but at the same time when you accomplish something (Yes i did something lol) the reward make you so satisfied, too bad it's rare atm.

Any tips for a pure SP player? At least for the early stages

Ty guys and GJ Barbolani, the mission is wonderful, probably it's just me being bad at this game, or SP need some tweaks :P

P.S Sorry for my english

@Vicashh29

What you describe is the beauty of this mission. If you pickup Supply task  you will never knew what awaiting you on the way or at task position.
That is enemy territory and besides destination units you can aspect all,
some random patrols, a column pop up on the bend of your way,
heli just hanging around or even CSAT sniper hidden somewhere.

I have played it as lone wolf and the scenario difficulty, learn me how to  save life if the task are impossible to accomplish at this moment.
Its also learn me how to search the possibilities, find tactical solution in given area.
When i got that it was still piece of hell.

In conclusion the mission are awesome if SP played, but the real dragon are  hidden in MP.
When you have some good cooperative team than you will be impressed  how the scenario face you in front of real battle.
Greetings

Matosh it seems to help sometimes ;).

Doesn't work for me. Tried with eject keybinds and eject action menu.

a Strider +2 Tank spotted me, game over

Why is it game over? Why don't you just reload? Or is reloading that broken?

Should at least  hosting the game on lan to have respawn enabled.

Why is it game over? Why don't you just reload? Or is reloading that broken?

I mean, i can reload but i just wasted 30 mins doing something Hard (at least for me) accomplished it and just watch all my work gone, again and again and again.

I just need to get the hang of it probably, i like this kind of challenge, sometimes the "response time" is just too much for me, example: i just wiped out an outpost from distance (Like 300m) went in with car for loot and escape, in 5 min a 6 man squad was there :(

Guess that's the point, sometimes you have time sometimes no just have to learn to play the mission, but sometimes i'd like to rage quit so bad :D

Btw ty guys for the help

Somehow, when I use "Barrage" for a mortar truck, I end up with extra Red Artillery Begin Markers on the map...is there anyway to clear these off the map? The delete key wont do it...Thanks.

I mean, i can reload but i just wasted 30 mins doing something Hard (at least for me) accomplished it and just watch all my work gone, again and again and again.

Again, why did you lose 30 minutes? Reload a save you made one minute or 10 seconds before and approach the situation differently. It's not some dumb console game with checkpoint saves.

Hi again, barbolani. We are planning to start a second playthrough and I am selecting the mods for it. This set fits antistasi beautifully: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=643080051
But it does not work, because antistasi scripts are removing all custom player menu actions, when you enter or exit a vehicle. Barbolani, is there a way to fix this?

By the way, I recommend advanced movement mod for antistasi as well.

Again, why did you lose 30 minutes? Reload a save you made one minute or 10 seconds before and approach the situation differently. It's not some dumb console game with checkpoint saves.

That's something i can't do.

I can persistent save at HQ only afaik, and after i reload all tasks disappear (I Spawn at HQ W/O my gear)

It took me like 15-20 mins to clean all the guys near the truck, they were hiding behind some trees and since i just have Arco/Mrco for sniping it wasn't easy at all, after that time i took the truck went to the to road and after few seconds "boom" if i respawn i lose all the gear i had + some money, so i usually Reload but have start all over again.

To be clear, i'm not looking for an Easy mission where i just kill every1 by myself and get control of the island as a Lone Wolf, i'm just asking for tips on how to get throu this kind of challenge, now let's stop the complaining, i'm getting a little bit better, here some questions tho.

1- When i call in mortar strike after i chose the type of ammo and SP/Barrage the game tells me to select a position on the map, but the "ammo" and "type of attack" keep pops out, if i click the map nothing happen, i usually have to click "Back" 10 times before the message disappear and i'm able to select the position

EDIT: Fixed this i was missing the GPS in my inventory

2- If i rest at Campfire sometimes after i rested a message pops (Nato Prestige Changed +X) When do i get this? Why? Why sometimes i get 10-12 and sometimes 5 i have nothing but my HQ, and the support it's like 33 Civs in the whole map

3- Best way to get some Sniper scopes? Found some spotter in the wild they had what i was looking for but unlocking them in the arsenal looks hard :(

4- If i'll ever plan to move out what should be my first "Big" objective? I heard that power plants are a must before starting your expansion

5- I found an AAF "Outpost" on a mountain, 4 Guys + a Truck and they even had an Ammobox, is there a way to know where those outpost are? Like intel or something like this? Map don't provide any Intel on Outpost :(

6- Back to the task i mentioned before, the one when you get the AID Truck who was spotted by an AAF Patrol, as i said i found a convoy who killed me, what i want to know is, was just bad luck OR  AAF send out patrols because i killed them and stealed the truck?

Ty again guys, sorry for my english

1- Possible bug?

2- You sleep, time has passed, mission flews

3- Availability of sniper scope by killing sniper enemy or if you are lucky from NATO ammo drop

4- Your first big objective after you did earn money and gather human resources are take a ENEMY BASE and hold it..

That enemy base should be closest as possible to the NATO carrier.

5- Hidden outpost are invisible on map, you need to watch your around. Most likely occupied by CSAT.

6-Convoy task are not "easy " at all. You need time and some charges to set ambush.

If you just find the truck you can be sure that the rest of the convoy are waiting for you at task destination.